View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy   WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:07 pm

You could also chalk the discrepancy up to RD being overconfident. Like I said, we only ever confirmed 2 pegasi to have reached the goal of 10 wingpower individually. It's entirely possible that they wouldn't have broken the record regardless.
Back to top Go down
Dr Nicoltas Rush
Pony
Pony
Dr Nicoltas Rush

PostSubject: Re: WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy   WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:34 pm

Well, we have to keep in mind that Dash's wingpower was 16.5 BEFORE training, so it's not unreasonable to believe that it would increase. Also, while fluttershy's wingpower only increased by 1.8 in absolute terms, I think the hugeness is in proportional terms, since she improved by 360%. Diminishing returns surely kicks in the higher the base wingpower is, but if other ponies had proportional increaes even a third as strong as fluttershy's, that could make the difference.

I think Cloudchaser is right though, Derpy is the key. My hypothesis is that she has complex wingpower with a large imaginary component, and the anemometer can only measure real-axis speed. So they WOULD break the record if you go by the absolute value of their total wingpower, but projecting the final sum onto the real axis loses enough magnitude that it drops below the record.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy   WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Dr Nicoltas Rush wrote:
Well, we have to keep in mind that Dash's wingpower was 16.5 BEFORE training, so it's not unreasonable to believe that it would increase. Also, while fluttershy's wingpower only increased by 1.8 in absolute terms, I think the hugeness is in proportional terms, since she improved by 360%. Diminishing returns surely kicks in the higher the base wingpower is, but if other ponies had proportional increaes even a third as strong as fluttershy's, that could make the difference.

I think Cloudchaser is right though, Derpy is the key. My hypothesis is that she has complex wingpower with a large imaginary component, and the anemometer can only measure real-axis speed. So they WOULD break the record if you go by the absolute value of their total wingpower, but projecting the final sum onto the real axis loses enough magnitude that it drops below the record.

You're making my brain hurt.
Why did I start this entire maths thing?
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy   WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 pm

crazyBE wrote:
Dr Nicoltas Rush wrote:

You're making my brain hurt.
Why did I start this entire maths thing?

Because math is fun? Smile
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy   WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 am

WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy - Page 2 _comic__she_is_my_hero__by_ztoonlinkz-d4u2u2a
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy   WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Rainbow dash is the only Pegasus alive to do a Sonic Rainboom and she only has a wing power of 16.

Also kinda getting tired of seeing the Spitfire hate all over you wouldn't ask your science fair judge to help make your project would you? it would be unfair to all the other participants. Ponyville also only required two attempts to make the tornado work so they only failed once which didn't really give Spitfire the chance to help since Rainbow said "One more time I got to know we gave it our all" which means she didn't want Spitfire's help she wanted to do it with out help from her idol or any other Pegasus outside Ponyville as a sort of pride thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy   WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHINE: Hurricane Fluttershy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top