Official Introductions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Wilowah
Colt
Colt
Wilowah

Location : Virginia, United States, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Official Introductions - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:36 pm

BigMacintosh wrote:
Hey all. My character's name is Valyn, and I recently just came back to SWTOR. I used to play WoW and EQ, so I've been playing MMOs for a while, but I plan to be a bit more casual with this one since I'm usually busy with college-y stuff. I'll be playing a Jedi Shadow that will probably tank since that's what I usually stick to.
Fav pony is easily Applejack Pardon? , Twilight comes in second. I'm sort of a more recent fan of the show, but I sped through every episode in a matter of weeks -.- (obsessive? perhaps, but from what I understand, some would consider that a long time).
Anyway, I look forward to playing with yall, seems like a fun guild, and that is what I have found made MMORPGs worthwhile.

Trust me, weeks is a good pace. Try under a week for some people... anyhooves, welcome to the herd!

You may see me pop on and then quickly disappear back into the internet code. I am a rare specimen nowadays.
Back to top Go down
http://wilowah.tumblr.com/
Sonahr
Filly
Filly

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Hope I'm doing this right. Not used to using forums.

So, um... hi. I'm Sonahr. I'm a bit of a recluse, so I'm not that into talking to people. Just figured that if I need help with something in-game, I could ask someone that has a similar interest in technicolored pastel miniature equines as I have myself. Some common ground, as it were.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is my current favorite cartoon. What I like most about it is the fandom, mainly because of how creative it can be.

My favorite hobby is reading. For that reason, I love fanfiction. The fanfics in this fandom in particular are very well-written, making them some of my favorites. My favorite fics are Fallout: Equestria and Smoke and Mirrors.

I hope I can be an asset to this group and have fun with you all.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello Sonahr! Welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
Wilowah
Colt
Colt
Wilowah

Location : Virginia, United States, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:38 am

MOAR PONIES / Welcome, Sonahr! You should totally join us on Mumble.

But you don't have to take my word for it!
Back to top Go down
http://wilowah.tumblr.com/
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Don't forget that there is no need to actually speak in Mumble (there is a chat box) but it is where our officers and most of our long term and active players are so it is the best place to get help as many of us may not watch the Guild chat all the time (or may not even be logged in or can be playing their Imperial alts.)
Back to top Go down
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: return   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:36 pm

I am coming back!

most of you prob dont remember me from launch but I had to stop playing while I finished my PhD (I know what a slacker with messed up priorities). I plan on migrating my account to the new server next week and then finding officers to get back in. . . ok maybe I am motivated by the soon to be free-to-play option as well because I still have enough work to keep my play time low.

Cheers and see you soon!
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Hey, Welcome Back KronusZ. I personally did not forget you =D.
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Wow, it has been awhile KronusZ! Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
CaspianSK
Filly
Filly
CaspianSK

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 am

Hello All!

Figured that now that I'm in the guild I should probably put up an official Hello

My Handle is CaspianSK, which I've used for years and years. I'm a bit of an old man.

I'm a Brony and proud of it.

My favorite Pony is Fluttershy. Although Princess Luna is a very close second.

I play a lot of video games when I'm not working. Also I'm big on RPGs, both Tabletop and LARP, and listening to music of almost any genre. I literally spent most of my life in a library reading, mostly Science Fiction and Fantasy. I'm also an Otaku, and regularly work as one of the "orange Brigade" or Security for Anime Boston.

I'll be playing Dracospike, Jedi Knight mostly. Cause we all have to admit, Spike was the very First Brony! MORE LETTERS? Besides, our scaly Bro needs more representing!

I also play Imperials on another server, so I may not be on all that much... I have a fairly busy life!

Back to top Go down
Braeburn
Pony
Pony
Braeburn

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Howdy CaspianSK, welcome to the herd.
Back to top Go down
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: re-re-re intorduction   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:31 pm

I am back, again! I have been off and on of the star ponies since SWTOR launched a year ago and what a year it has been! I had a horrible break up, finished my degree (in chemistry), unsuccessfully looked for a job and recently traveled to Vietnam for a month.

I got back about 2 weeks ago and am heading to Los Angeles to visit family for two weeks and hope my second nephew will be born in that time. I was planning on re-activating once I got back and playing hard all through Dec, but FTP starts today! I will likely still treat myself to a membership for Dec but will be on FTP for the next week.

So glad to be back!
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Wow, sounds like a hectic year. Glad to have you back, Kronus. Smiiile!
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 pm

KronusZ wrote:
I am back, again! I have been off and on of the star ponies since SWTOR launched a year ago and what a year it has been! I had a horrible break up, finished my degree (in chemistry), unsuccessfully looked for a job and recently traveled to Vietnam for a month.

I got back about 2 weeks ago and am heading to Los Angeles to visit family for two weeks and hope my second nephew will be born in that time. I was planning on re-activating once I got back and playing hard all through Dec, but FTP starts today! I will likely still treat myself to a membership for Dec but will be on FTP for the next week.

So glad to be back!
I wonder where you've been! Sounds like a rough year but I hope everything works out for the best. I can't wait to start running Ops with some Sages again.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
KronusZ wrote:

So glad to be back!
I wonder where you've been! Sounds like a rough year but I hope everything works out for the best. I can't wait to start running Ops with some Sages again.

says the person who ditched his own sage recently Razz
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 pm

crazyBE wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
KronusZ wrote:

So glad to be back!

says the person who ditched his own sage recently Razz
That was out of guild necessity for DPS, I'd like to have one Sage DPS running Ops.
Back to top Go down
Sparowe
Filly
Filly

PostSubject: New Member Intro   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Just wanted to take a quick moment to inro myself.

I'm older than dirt and pretty much new to SWTOR. I hit 50 and was asked to join last week. I have not done any operations as of yet, still gearing up and getting ready. I have extensive raiding experience in a top WOW guild, hard modes etc. as a top DPS Rogue & DK, and as a DK Tank. So while I'm not yet familiar with the mechanics of the fights here yet, I certainly understand working as a team and can stick to the plan.

Looking forward to getting into the mix and picking some brains and taking advice from some other Sentinels on rotation, gearing, and raid utility.

Feel free to offer any advice if you see me bumbling through anything.

Thanks,

Sparowe
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Hey I merged you post with the Official Introduction thread.

Here for ops. Since you just hit 50 you might need some gearing, here for a gearing guide. We are running gearing ops twice every week, more info here.

If you want advice on sentinels hit up the following officers:

Mane
Pinkie Pie

Royal Guard
Amorphic
Kenshi
Shinjiro

And have fun while you're here.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Derpy wrote:

Mane
Pinkie Pie

Royal Guard
Amorphic
Kenshi
Shinjiro

Do I not count because my Sentinel is still level 49? Oh no!
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Derpy wrote:

Mane
Pinkie Pie

Royal Guard
Amorphic
Kenshi
Shinjiro

Official Introductions - Page 7 Noob1
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:41 pm

crazyBE wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
Derpy wrote:

Mane
Pinkie Pie

Royal Guard
Amorphic
Kenshi
Shinjiro

Well I am a cooler Gunslinger! Why would you?
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 pm

Considering you haven't run any ops on him, no, you do not. Even Pinkie Pie is a stretch as he prefers to play his Vanguard. This actually gives me an idea...
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
crazyBE wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
Derpy wrote:

Mane
Pinkie Pie

Royal Guard
Amorphic
Kenshi
Shinjiro

Well I am a cooler Gunslinger! Why would you?

Yes slinger is way cooler than sentinel 'flavor of the year' Cool
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Derpy wrote:
Considering you haven't run any ops on him, no, you do not. Even Pinkie Pie is a stretch as he prefers to play his Vanguard. This actually gives me an idea...
Point taken, and I hope this is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
redaddy
Filly
Filly

PostSubject: hi new member here   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 am

HAI GAIS. im a brony and i just got into SW:TOR and saw a brony guild (is it the only one?) and i just so happened to choose the harbinger server and decided to join Very Happy. ok first up how do i actually join in game? well i know i have to seek out one of the officers but when or where will you be? I'm currently f2p so chat is very limited to me. i can't send tells and i also can't post on swtor forums. I will be upgrading to sub very soon in about 2 weeks and I will be upgrading to preferred in about one week. oh and my main character right now is a zabrak Jedi Shadow (consular right now) named Ferrien Very Happy hope you'll like helping newbies. i'm not a newbie to mmo's but to swtor. some features such as skill trees rather baffle me. good thing i'm that high in level yet.

thanks for reading.

TL:DR
im new and i want to know where to find officers to join guild. i want to know how the skill tree works and how i should build my character* and what dps rotations to use. *zabrak jedi shadow
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:42 am

Merged with Official Introductions.

Welcome! The best way to get an officer to invite you if you're stuck with the limited chat is to join our voice server and ask for an invite in there. Typically, there are a few officers hanging around in there around prime time (5pm-10pm Pacific) so getting a invite that way should be difficult.

The best way to get help for your particular class is to create a thread in the Jedi Consular board of this forum asking specific questions on rotation and skill trees. MMO Mechanics is also a great resource, but can be a tough read at times to find exactly what you're looking for. The SWTOR Shadow board also still has some good, if not a little out-dated, resources.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Introductions   Official Introductions - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Introductions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top