View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Amorphic wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
Amorphic wrote:
Also i don't think we accounted for the situation at 5:10 happening I don't think it was a bug. I think that if a purple deletion protocol is cast on a purple player then the 2nd player moving into my circle is unncessary.
I hope that's the case as if it weren't that would get really annoying. Also, since when can Dreselus heal?

you can see my deletion protection thing gets used up before you move into my circle.
Ah okay, I ran into the circle because I thought someone told me too haha.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:49 am

Alright just to sum up what we figured out this run on Terrorist from Beyond.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Amorphic wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux38gYfHqyg

Just because.

Nice
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:52 am

Also I'm healing this week, fuck you all!!! Bleh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:37 am

Derpy wrote:

Since when do you heal?
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:07 am

Amorphic wrote:
Derpy wrote:

Since when do you heal?

NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Derpy wrote:
Amorphic wrote:
Derpy wrote:

Since when do you heal?

NOW!!!

Also, nice vid Amorphic. I'm still impressed how clean that kill was.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:47 pm

99% certain about disinfection being when you run into the wrong circle now.

Also why do you put one of the tanks on Recogniser duty during yellow phase when there are no Recognisers that spawn on yellow?
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Mostly because I did not update it after we beat it, orange also does not spawn them. The way it is now reflects the way we actually do it.

Amorphic has also figured out that the attack from TFB is not Melee (I was unsure) and as such the tanks can keep to the outer platforms the whole time. I just did not bother changing the start because the way we do it now works and it could mess with the anomalies.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 am

Ok this has been bugging me, Pinkie or Amorphic do you still have logs from any of the TFB fights. I want to know, once and for all if standing on the inner platforms is better, specifically these two attacks:

Monstrous Swipe - inner platform
Phasic Spittle - outer platform

Is either of these M/R?

The next time I run it I will look at my logs as well to see if any of it has been mitigated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:49 pm

He uses monstrous swipe during tantrum and it's melee.

Spittle is elemental.

http://www.torparse.com/a/42947
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Sadly we don't have logs for the Phasic Spittle as we do not have tanks standing on outer platforms Tantrum, I also cannot see the normal phase outer platform attack on the log because pinkie takes the boss first, i.e., he is being hit during the initial positioning.

Normal phase: Tail Whip or Devastating Slam (depending if in front or behind) F/T kinetic attacks every 3s (2 GCDs), the damage of which changes, likely due to RNG, possibly due to damage reduction from Ion Pulse. In one of the fights Devastating Slam was hitting Sec for a lot less, possibly due to Reactive Shield.

Phasic Spittle Pool and Scream are F/T elemental attacks always hitting for 3000 and 14000 respectively (one fight was 10% more, this could be explained by neither tank having the debuff up but I don't even know if they stack), makes sense as they are a mechanic

Tantrum on inner platforms:

Glance means shield, Dodge and Miss mean defend.

03:49:06.684 The Terror From Beyond's Monsterous Swipe hits Sec for 1550 kinetic damage, causing 1550 threat.
03:49:06.685 The Terror From Beyond's Monsterous Swipe misses Sec, causing 1 threat.
03:49:06.685 The Terror From Beyond's Monsterous Swipe glances Sec for 520 kinetic damage, causing 520 threat.
03:49:06.685 Sec dodges The Terror From Beyond's Monsterous Swipe, causing 1 threat.
03:49:06.685 The Terror From Beyond's Monsterous Swipe glances Sec for 520 kinetic damage, causing 520 threat.

As such the burn attack (activated every 1.5s = every GCD) is a compound M/R kinetic attack consisting of 5 individual hits, each with its own chance of shielding/defending.

What does this mean?

1. Our positioning is correct, while it may not matter on normal phase, taking the tantrum on inner platforms is preferable.
2. All cooldowns, including smoke grenade and shield relics can be used during the burn phase.
3. BW can't spell, its Monstrous not Monsterous.

I will try running a SM and tank on the outer platforms to compare. I also wonder if Shadow would get all of his Kinetic Ward depleted in 2 compound hits (10 individual hits) if they were all shielded.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Derpy wrote:
I also wonder if Shadow would get all of his Kinetic Ward depleted in 2 compound hits (10 individual hits) if they were all shielded.

Sadly it will. The tentacles on phase 1 for example deplete it in 3 hits.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Updated start based on our latest finding (thanks Geese).

For TFB phase 2 tentacle sets 1 and 3 the tanks can tank on 10 and 14 to take Melee damage instead of Tech. After 8 attacks the Terror spits and the spit should still be placed on 9 and 15, it is possible to move to 9 and 15 after 6-7 attacks just to be sure, damage will still be lowered.

On set 2 it is problematic to tank on 10 and 14 as the DPS are using these platforms to move. It is probably best to just tank on 11 and 13 since it can still be healed through, I will leave this as a judgement call.

I have also updated Irregularity positioning reflecting the fact that a healer now stays at home. Tanks should still get 16 and help out on any others they can, and 1 healer gets the one at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terror From Beyond HM Strategy   Terror From Beyond HM Strategy - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terror From Beyond HM Strategy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top