Share | 

Dread Palace HM Strategy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

Dread Palace HM Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Dread Palace HM Strategy   Dread Palace HM Strategy I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Under construction, will amend as info comes in.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Derpy on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Dread Palace HM Strategy   Dread Palace HM Strategy I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:34 am

Last Update: 3/10/2013

Finished all the starts, this is to my best knowledge but some thing may be slightly wrong or missing.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Dread Palace HM Strategy   Dread Palace HM Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:30 am

Quote :
A little info for snipers on Raptus Kiting duty (5th boss in Dread Palace). The frontal cone 3.5s channel + knockback always comes 3 global cooldowns after the boss does smash (or whatever the AoE attack is called). This is a huge help for me personally to know when to turn the boss in such a way as to not knockback the melees / tanks on bestia / calphayus to the pit.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6838028&postcount=25
For whoever on Kiting duty.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Dread Palace HM Strategy   Dread Palace HM Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Shinjiro wrote:
Quote :
A little info for snipers on Raptus Kiting duty (5th boss in Dread Palace). The frontal cone 3.5s channel + knockback always comes 3 global cooldowns after the boss does smash (or whatever the AoE attack is called). This is a huge help for me personally to know when to turn the boss in such a way as to not knockback the melees / tanks on bestia / calphayus to the pit.
Another trick I tested last night with Raptus is that the cone originates 4-5m behind him (hence its weird hitbox) so the graphic isn't accurate to its range. You can actually be standing in 2-4m from the end of the AOE graphic in front of him and not get cleaved. I was able to fully kite him by just running in a straight line out of the AOE without using any speed increases.

I can't confirm, but I think body type may dictate some of Raptus' range. For example, body type 2 and 3 male can't stand closely behind Raptus or they may be hit. However, my body type 3 female was directly behind him a few times and never got hit in spots where Goopy consistently would get hit. Again, I can't confirm this as server latency could have played a role in this situation.

Also, in terms of which ranged DPS is more apt for kiting Raptus, I would give the award to Assault Commandos. Balance Sages would perform well also, but I know they are semi-dependent on casting Telekinetic Throw while Assault Commandos just need to activate Full Auto (not wait for a hit to proc) to proc their HiB. Hold the Line is a great way to fix up a messy kiting situation, Kolto Bomb and Adv. Med Probe can be used easily while kiting, Reactive Shield and Adreneline Rush are great CDs, and I was able to maintain almost full DPS while kiting (Plasma Grenade when Tech Override was up, Explosive Round to maintain Plasma Cell DOT, HiB, Assault Plastique, Incendiary Round).

To put this in perspective, while kiting with Goopy my DOTs would push Raptus to 85%-90% before anyone started focusing him. In TLC's run, I could get Raptus to ~77% before he was focused. However, this difference could be additive due to a few factors, like our DPS was a bit faster than TLC's that night (indicated by the 4th fight and initial Bestia burn in 5th fight). Also, I think TLC's ranged DPS was immediately focusing Bestia after Tyrans, not sure.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Dread Palace HM Strategy   Dread Palace HM Strategy I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Shinjiro wrote:
Quote :
Another trick I tested last night with Raptus is that the cone originates 4-5m behind him (hence its weird hitbox) so the graphic isn't accurate to its range. You can actually be standing in 2-4m from the end of the AOE graphic in front of him and not get cleaved. I was able to fully kite him by just running in a straight line out of the AOE without using any speed increases.

I can't confirm, but I think body type may dictate some of Raptus' range. For example, body type 2 and 3 male can't stand closely behind Raptus or they may be hit. However, my body type 3 female was directly behind him a few times and never got hit in spots where Goopy consistently would get hit. Again, I can't confirm this as server latency could have played a role in this situation.

Also, in terms of which ranged DPS is more apt for kiting Raptus, I would give the award to Assault Commandos. Balance Sages would perform well also, but I know they are semi-dependent on casting Telekinetic Throw while Assault Commandos just need to activate Full Auto (not wait for a hit to proc) to proc their HiB. Hold the Line is a great way to fix up a messy kiting situation, Kolto Bomb and Adv. Med Probe can be used easily while kiting, Reactive Shield and Adreneline Rush are great CDs, and I was able to maintain almost full DPS while kiting (Plasma Grenade when Tech Override was up, Explosive Round to maintain Plasma Cell DOT, HiB, Assault Plastique, Incendiary Round).

To put this in perspective, while kiting with Goopy my DOTs would push Raptus to 85%-90% before anyone started focusing him. In TLC's run, I could get Raptus to ~77% before he was focused. However, this difference could be additive due to a few factors, like our DPS was a bit faster than TLC's that night (indicated by the 4th fight and initial Bestia burn in 5th fight). Also, I think TLC's ranged DPS was immediately focusing Bestia after Tyrans, not sure.
Not to mention that Assault report higher DPS (by about 20). Obviously there will be a DPS loss from not using FA/CB reliably and no armour debuff. They are still likely the best RDPS spec to do so (Balance works with Force Speeding+TT to get a MC proc and DF/Hybrid lacks WS)
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Dread Palace HM Strategy   Dread Palace HM Strategy I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Derpy wrote:
Not to mention that Assault report higher DPS (by about 20). Obviously there will be a DPS loss from not using FA/CB reliably and no armour debuff. They are still likely the best RDPS spec to do so (Balance works with Force Speeding+TT to get a MC proc and DF/Hybrid lacks WS)
If an Assault Commando had a Slinger or a Guardian (Probably the preferred option due to 45-second debuff, if we have a Guardian DPS who can afford to leap to Raptus before switching to Calphayus) drop an armour debuff on Raptus before the kiting phase by said Commando begins, that will help exponentially.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dread Palace HM Strategy   Dread Palace HM Strategy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dread Palace HM Strategy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top