Episode Bracket

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:14 am

EDITED AS OF 1/8/2012

Hey all!

I came up with this a few months back during March Madness season and threw it up on Ponychan, but there weren't really any takers. Now that i'm in a place that people actively check and what have you, I bring it up again.

I created a bracket for the 26 episodes of Season 1 and matched them up randomly. It's a way to have the fans vote on episodes and bracket it down to see which is (on average) the most popular episode. There are clearly a few contenders for the title, but what if your two favorites end up going head to head? Which do you choose?

I'll post the two brackets I drew up. Keep in mind that if we did this, there's be a deadline to get your own brackets to me and then i'd probably run a new poll each day for each of the matches. Maybe every two days just to give people the chance to log in and cast their vote.

Anyway...here's the Manehattan Division:
Episode Bracket East_d10

...and the Salt Lick City Division:
Episode Bracket West_d10

I'm more than happy to run this starting this week if people are interested. Let me know what you think!

~D

Last edited by Doombah on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:40 am

This looks like fun. I love bracket competitions and comparisons, when I have to decided between two favorites it really gets me thinking. I'm all for it if you want to run the voting. I'm sure you could just editing the OP with a poll, and change it when it is time for something new. You could always do a running record or something as well.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:42 am

Fillydelphia Division and Canterlot Division.

Also, how was the bracketing done?
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 am

Chewbacabra wrote:
Also, how was the bracketing done?

I just used a random number generator and put the episodes in order from top to bottom, West to East. I figured it was the fairest way, as trying to seed them would be a nightmare. Maybe if we do this, we can get a seed order for the next time it's done. That would be interesting...base it on number of votes or something like that.

I'm more than excited to do this. I'll give it a few days to see what others have to say and then maybe this weekend i'll make an official thread. There can even be a prize (Steam game for $10 or under perhaps) for the top scorer. I'm poor, but could probably afford that. Smile

I'd have people mail me their brackets in the first week and then we'd get started. I have an email address already set up for it and everything. Very Happy

~D
Back to top Go down
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 am

So we'll be deciding which episode wins each contest by voting, but we'll also be filling out brackets to try and predict how the overall vote will go?

It's an intriguing idea, but I'm not sure we have the population to do the voting. It still seems like less than ten ponies here, plus there's that thread where we all revealed our favorite episodes. That might bias the brackets somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 am

You do bring up a good point about the voting. Smile There really aren't too many of us and yeah...we've posted in the Episode thread already. I'd still like to do this or something similar to it. We could just have a vote each day and go through the bracket. A lot of people only mentioned 3 or 4 episodes in their posts, so all of the other ones could still be interesting to see.

Maybe just do a vote for now or just hold off til we get more people in the guild (aka nearer the release date)?

~D
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Closer to the release date wouldn't be a bad idea. More people should be floating around here by then.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:39 pm

I support this idea. though I would suggest holding off until we've got more forum/guild members. This is mainly because it'd be more interesting if we got a large ammount of people voting on the Pony Pickoff (That sounds lame... needs a cooler name than that XP)

The Episode that wins could also be the patron episode of the forum, until next season. Whatever lesson of Friendship that episode is would be our patron lesson, with the exception of the Pilot in which case we'd have a patron lesson of always count on your friends.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:59 am

It's been over three months since this topic was active, but now that Season 2 is in full swing and the release date of the game is tantalizingly close perhaps it's time to reexamine it.

You can read what's been posted already and give your input. I'm looking forward to running this and I hope that you'll all be looking forward to submitting your brackets. Very Happy

~D
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:12 am

Rarity wrote:
Whatever lesson of Friendship that episode is would be our patron lesson, with the exception of the Pilot in which case we'd have a patron lesson of always count on your friends.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned something wonderful about friendship. As Magical as friendship already is, when focus, concentrated, and weaponized, it can be the most destructive force in the galaxy.

Your Faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 pm

I've updated the original post slightly, so feel free to check it out and let me know what you think! Very Happy

~D
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Well, I haven't gotten any replies to this yet, so maybe i'll just start a new post in a day or two with my new plan. It's mostly the same as this, except it'll be a poll that will stay up for a day or so and i'll just post the updated bracket each day. Smile

I'm curious as to what's going to win...I have a few episodes in mind, but some may surprise me. Very Happy

~D

P.S. I'll probably redo the bracket. The winner of Season 1 will have to face off against the winner of Season 2 once it's over and done with. Smile
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Doombah wrote:
Well, I haven't gotten any replies to this yet, so maybe i'll just start a new post in a day or two with my new plan. It's mostly the same as this, except it'll be a poll that will stay up for a day or so and i'll just post the updated bracket each day. Smile

I'm curious as to what's going to win...I have a few episodes in mind, but some may surprise me. Very Happy

~D

P.S. I'll probably redo the bracket. The winner of Season 1 will have to face off against the winner of Season 2 once it's over and done with. Smile

There's no contest when Luna Eclipsed is involved
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:14 am

crazyBE wrote:

I don't know...i'm just not a Luna fan. I'm glad they brought her back, but that episode wasn't all that great, especially compared to quite a few since. Lesson Zero is proof of that! How will Luna Eclipsed stack up against say, Party of One? Those seem to be (generally) among the most chosen as "best" episodes by people that i've seen. We shall see!

~D
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Doombah wrote:
crazyBE wrote:

I don't know...i'm just not a Luna fan. I'm glad they brought her back, but that episode wasn't all that great, especially compared to quite a few since. Lesson Zero is proof of that! How will Luna Eclipsed stack up against say, Party of One? Those seem to be (generally) among the most chosen as "best" episodes by people that i've seen. We shall see!

~D

Lesson Zero was terrible imo though. Not a fan of cute Twi going insane Crying or Very sad
What was awesome about Luna Eclipsed was that they did the exact opposite of fanon Luna yet made nearly all Luna fans still love her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Episode Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode Bracket   Episode Bracket I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode Bracket

View previous topic View next topic Back to top