Favorite Characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

Favorite Characters Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:06 pm

As you may have already heard, my favorite aspect of Friendship is Magic is the fantastic characters. Since Rarity made a "Favorite Episode" topic, I decided to make one for characters. I will discuss my favorite characters by first breaking them down into different categories. You can use this format for your own posts if you want, or just do your own thing.

Favorite Mane: Twilight Sparkle
I love Twilight Sparkle because she is a lot like me. Nearly all aspect of her personality, whether it's the general introversion and social ineptitude, the excessively rational and scientific way of thinking, or the instinctual need to read about something before experiencing it, very much mirror my own. I could type entire essays about how she is a good character, but at the end of the day, she will always be my favorite because I identify with her the most by far.

Favorite CMC: Apple Bloom
Apple Bloom is my favorite CMC member, mostly due to her greater quantity of character development compared to the other two. I like that she, the child, is the only one willing to approach Zecora in Bridle Gossip. Not even Twilight, despite her defense of Zecora, had the guts to do that. I really sympathized with her in Call of the Cutie, being a social misfit is no fun, but you just have to find other misfits to hang out with! She seems to be the smartest of the CMC, as she is the only one of them who doesn't directly deny her true talent in The Show Stoppers. She only agrees to be the choreographer because it's the last job left, and even then she acknowledges that she isn't talented in it.

Favorite Supporting Character: Princess Celestia
Why doesn't our benevolent overlord get any love? Kidding aside, the whole tyrant joke is getting old. Have we ever technically seen her exercise any political power at all? She seems to only show up for special occasions, so for all we know she just acts as a figurehead and lets the ponies govern themselves. That being said, I do love "Trollestia," because it actually fits the character to some degree. If I were in her position, with the way her subjects act around her, I would screw with them as well. She sort of reminds me of the Oracle from the Matrix. She doesn't necessarily tell you the whole truth, but she tells you what you need to hear, and lets you figure out the rest on your own.

Favorite Background Character: Doctor Whooves
The funny thing is, I have been a Whovian for only a few months longer than I've been a Brony. I had certainly heard of Doctor Who, but never had a chance to watch any of it. That is until I discovered it was on Netflix. For those of you who aren't fans, first of all, shame on you. Second, I'll give you a brief synopsis so you can understand the memes better. The series is about a 900 something year old alien who travels around time and space in a blue box called a TARDIS that resembles an old telephone booth. Pretty much anything is fair game in terms of plot. For example, he once teamed up with Shakespeare to defeat a coven of witches. Seriously. So travelling across dimensions to Equestria and turning into a pony would pretty much be a typical day for him. That's why the crossover is so popular, it fits really well. For those of you that are fans, I highly recommend the fanfic "Number 12," and its sequel "Traveler," both of which can be found on Equestria Daily.

Favorite Pet: Angel Bunny
I don't quite understand why so many people hate Angel. It's probably because Fluttershy is the most popular pony, and people don't like the way he treats their "waifu." I don't have this issue, because Fluttershy is my least favorite of the mane six. (Please don't hurt me!) The thing is, she needs someone who can be firm with her, without being abusive. Angel keeps her honest, like in Ticket Master, and keeps her focused, like in Bird in the Hoof. I like to think that his own cuteness makes him immune to Fluttershy's. I really like how Angel's personality contrasts with his form. He is clearly intelligent, perhaps more so than some of the ponies, but no one takes him seriously, especially not his "owner." I also find mute characters who communicate through pantomime to be greatly entertaining.

Favorite OC: Filly
'CUZ FILLY IS BEST PONY!!!1
Favorite Characters 27951210
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Why can everypony on here give amazing explanations for why they like something except me? Maybe it's because I'm lazy you're all geniuses, or maybe I have other things to do I'm not that 'hardcore.' Eh, well here is my list.

Favorite Mane: Fluttershy, duuuuh! Why? She's my wife.

Favorite CMC: Apple Bloom. She is just too damn cute, so I can't say Scootaloo. Sorry chicken, I still love you though.

Favorite Supporting Character: Princess Luna. She has three lines, but her fan art makes me love her forever.

Favorite Background Character: This is a very tough one, but I would have to say Lyra. Same reason as Luna, her fan art gets me every time.

Favortie Pet: Angel Bunny. So much sass for an animal, and he is just so perfectly executed in the show it shocks me.

Favortie OC: STEVEN FUCKING MAGNET. He's not a pony, but he needs to be in this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:44 pm

you know usually I'm good at analysing things in general but with the ponies... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I couldn't be bothered right now so I'm just going to give 1 sentence answers.

Well I can put the 6 in order, FS>RD>PP>TS>R>AJ (Why does Rarity have to ruin it by only having 1 part to her name, well Fluttershy and Applejack are 1 word but they are portmanteaus so they get a pass.)

Favourite CMC would be Applebloom Scootaloo

Luna is the best supporting character even though she is in 2 scenes and has 3 lines.

Background would be Doctor Hooves, but that is just because I'm a Doctor Who fan.

I don't have any preference for the pets at all, I don't care about any of them.

Right I'm tired so I can't be bothered making this any longer.

Last edited by Amorphic on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:27 pm

OK! TIME TO GET THIS ON!

Favourite Mane: Rarity, because Rarity is best pony. You want me to ramble? WELL NOT TODAY! I'm currently on a shitty mac (Well, it's better than the mac I have at home, but still it's a mac and I'm only using it because it's the only computer my sister has that has internet.) and I don't feel like rambling on why Rarity is best pony right now. Besides, you will likely hear me revere her over and over again.

Favourite CMC: Sweetie Belle. This one deserves a miniture explanation. She's just so goddamn cute, I can't NOT like her. Unlike Apple Bloom she's not Hyper-Uber-Ulta-Mega obsessed with finding her cutiemark (Not saying she's not obsessed with finding her cutie mark, but out of all the CMC she's the least obsessed of the lot.) and unlike Scootaloo she doesn't get on my nerves.

Favourite Supporting Character: Pony Gaga Photo Finish. She's clearly NOT Lady Gaga, but that one photographer from Vogue (Don't ask me I don't know, I just know that she's not Gaga), but she's hilarious anyway. The reason I like her is partially because out of all the supporting cast she's made me laugh the hardest. This might have something to do with growing up with a hard-core photographer for a mother as well though. Now mum isn't quite the same as Photo Finish (Mum mostly photographs landscapes and events, where Photo Finish clearly is a model photographer.) but they're similar enough that it gets me to chuckle every time.

Favourite Background Character: Lyra, Lyra Lyra Lyra *Bounce bounce bounce*. Why? Well, unlike Fluttershy it's not so much the fan-art that does it for me, but the way she acts in the show. Her expressions, her actions, everything is just so out of place for a pony it makes me notice her, and laugh every time.

Favourite Pet: I'm probably going to have to say Opalesence. This is primarily because I'm a huge cat buff. Plus Opal is Rarity's pet, and anything that has to do with Rarity is ok in my book.

Favourite OC: Now this might be gilding the lilly just a bit, but I'm going to have to say H.P. Lovecolt is my favourite OC. However, I only have marginally been developing this character, while my friends do most of the work. As of right now there are a total of four different lovecolts, five if you count the author version as it's own seperate character. There's the Mad Scientist Lovecolt, the Gangster Lovecolt, the Necromancer Lovecolt, and the Filly Lovecolt (Who is otherwise a male, which is why being a girl warrents it's own clone). Fun thing is, they all are running around at the same time.

Favourite Shipping Pair: I can't believe you lot forgot about shipping. Shame on you. Now to be perfectly honest, I don't have a favourite par say, so I'll just list the pairings I support. TwilightXTrixie, TwilightXFluttershy, ApplejackXRainbow Dash, Sweetie BelleXApple Bloom, Apple BloomXScootaloo, ScootalooXSweetie Belle (All when they get older of course), RarityXFilly (Because Filly is best OC, and Rarity is Best Pony, and because I've already shipped them at least once), RarityXLuna, Dr. WhoofXEverything (Though that's more of an in-joke with my friend Dr. Whoof than anything), LyraXBon Bon, DerpyXFridge, and Pinkie PieXBig Macantosh.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Favorite Mane: Rainbow Dash, because she's 20% cooler then everyone else SO awesome!

Favorite CMC: Scootaloo I don't know why but I love the pegasus ponys

Favorite Supporting Character: Zacora(the zebra) or however you spell her name because rhyming is awesome Rhyming?

Favorite Background Character: Derpy! imho she should be a mane in season 2 also if you haven't noticed yet we have pony smiles and now insead of doing "=P" i can do Muffins!?!

Favorite Pet: Gummy, I mean come on who wouldn't want a pet alligator if he has no teeth he can't hurt you can he?

P.S. Yay~! Cupcaaakes~! SO awesome! Confounded ponies... Muffins!?! Pardon? Rhyming? Fabulous! MORE LETTERS? EPIC!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:00 pm

The Twilight smiley seems discontent with something.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:59 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Why can everypony on here give amazing explanations for why they like something except me?
That's just how my brain operates. I over-think everything.
Favorite Characters 29848211
Yea, that sums it up quite nicely. The baffling nature of the MLP phenomenon is just too fascinating for me resist contemplating in my free time.
Fluttershy wrote:
Favortie OC: STEVEN FUCKING MAGNET. He's not a pony, but he needs to be in this thread.
Mr. Magnet isn't an OC, he is actually in the show. I was careful to not say "favorite pony" to accommodate characters like him. But yes, he does deserve recognition. In a show with a rather bizarre obsession with mustaches, his reigns supreme.
Rarity wrote:
I can't believe you lot forgot about shipping. Shame on you.
I wish that I could forget about shipping. MORE LETTERS? I can only ever enjoy it if it's not taken seriously. Since I can't take it seriously, I have no opinions on what pairings I like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 am

Yeah I don't like shipping much either. I have only read 1 shipping thing and that was in the Pony Psychology series. I just feel awkward when I'm reading it.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Favorite Mane - Fluttershy. Since the first episode, she has been my favorite. There was just something about her that really appealed to me. I love how she's so very connected to the animal kingdom and has a very soft, soothing voice. She's non threatening, yet has a great intelligence behind her shy demeanor. She's a pony who most of the other five manes go to when they need help with something. Maybe it's because she's older, maybe it's because they know she won't say no. I find it ironic that my favorite and least favorite pony are voiced by the same actor. :p

Favorite CMC - None. I don't dislike them, but they're all basically on even ground with me. Applebloom seems to be the most intelligent one where Sweetie Bell seems as dumb as Mme. LeFlour. Scootaloo's attitude is awesome, but she's more tomboyish the Rainbow Dash and i'm not a huge fan of that. I like episodes that feature the three of them, but I can't pick one over the others.

Favorite Supporting Character -Spike. He's always there, and some would argue that he's a main character, but he isn't the most useful little dragon. I consider him the most prevalent supporting character as he's around a whole lot. If it wasn't Spike, it would probably be Celestia.

Favorite Background Character - None. Again, I don't know all their names or really care too much about them. I don't really read fic, so to me, these characters are whatever I see in Drawfriend stuff and that's about it. I guess Derpy is a good answer. I did read a fic once about her and really liked it. It gave more insight into her being Bright Eyes and such.

Favorite Pet - Angel. He just has the most personality out of all of them. Though I must confess, Gummy is really cute.

~D
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:52 am

Favorite Mane: Twilight Sparkle. I think this is probably because she reminds me of myself a LOT.

Favorite CMC: Sweetie Belle. In the words of Buster Keaton, "The audience loves a slow thinker." Dumb Fabric.

Favorite Supporting Character: Princess Celestia. I'm of fan not only of how she appears in the show, but also all the different ways the fandom has chosen to portray her. I enjoy most characters that can employ a good Batman Gambit

Favorite Background Character: Derpy. I feel like I'm cheating with this answer, since she's so many bronies' favorite background character, so I'm going to point out that my second favorite is Lyra

Favorite Pet: Gummy. Especially in a suit.

Favorite OC: Nyx, but I haven't finished reading Past Sins yet
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
Ekeli
Colt
Colt
Ekeli

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:09 am

Was under heavy insomnia while righting this. Hah...

Ehh let's see in typical lazy fashion here we go.

Rarity is my favorite pony.
Sweetie Belle is my favorite cutie mark crusader.
Trixie is my favorite supporting character. (She is a supporting character damnit!)
My favorite background character is Colgate. (Brushie, brushie, brushie)
OC pony....... ehmm............................................ sorta just holding . as I type here.............. ..... ........er..............ehhhhhhhm........................damnit.....................NINJA PONY! That's the only oc pony I can think of..............

Reasons? I don't know I used to like scootaloo but then I started reading fics................. that you don't want to know about.... And found them hilarious. And also the she's a whorse song... and positive qualities... sweetie bell is just sweetie belle... colgate is the toothpaste I use... ninjas are awesome..... also I stopped liking scootaloo after I actually saw her in the show... then I started making fun of her................. er.. did I mention the clopfics? No? Good. /end incoherent speech
Back to top Go down
CaspianSK
Filly
Filly
CaspianSK

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Favorite Mane: Fluttershy. She is sweet, kind, and loving to all Yay~! ... Right up until you threaten those she loves! Prepare your anus! Yes, she has a lot of fears, but she can and does overcome them. I adore how she - possibly more than any other character - has growth and developed.

Favorite CMC: Applebloom. Honest, sure. But mischievous. I like mischievous Huh?

Favorite Supporting Character: Princess Luna. again a character I see as growing and developing.

Favorite Background Character: I go with Doctor Whooves only because I'm a Doctor Who Fan from the Tom Baker Days. I even have the scarf! SO awesome!

Favorite Pet: Philomena. Of course Philomena and Princess Trollestia are pranksters, seeing as they are possibly millennia old. Besides, Phoenix is my Totem Animal.

Favorite OC: Littlepip. Especially because her cursing would make Discord blush. Or take notes. *Gasp*
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:43 am

(Man, I somehow missed this thread! Curses!)

Favorite Mane: Applejack. She is honest and steadfast. It is nice to be able to see someone be honest while being themselves. It is a rare quality. I also like her work ethic, even if it does go a bit overboard at times. Smile Also I identify with her the most. A close second mane is Pinkie Pie because of her happiness and utter randomness at times.

Favorite CMC: Sweetie Belle. She does her best to love her sister. I admire that.

Favorite Supporting Character:Zecora. She is a wise teacher to Apple Bloom and she is kind and gently. Also I love the rhymes.

Favorite Background Character: Derpy Hooves. The Doctor's assistant is wonderful. As well as an agent of chaos and muffins.

Favorite Pet: Tank. He is the quiet companion that beats the rest in the race to be RD's pet. That speaks to me. I love the tale of the tortoise and the hare. He also makes a good mount. A good match for RD.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:28 am

Favorite Characters Daadd8a015af66414a1fb0579c7bf89f_500
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Why can everypony on here give amazing explanations for why they like something except me? Maybe it's because I'm lazy you're all geniuses, or maybe I have other things to do I'm not that 'hardcore.' Eh, well here is my list.

Favorite Mane: Twilight She reminds me of how I would act on multiple locations occasions .

Favorite CMC: Sweetie Belle
Fluttershy wrote:
She is just too damn cute, so I can't say Scootaloo. Sorry chicken, I still love you though.

Favorite Supporting Character: Princess Luna. Funny how there was a character with the name I liked the most in the show :p. Being a night person myself and her being princess of the night made it even better.

Favorite Background Character: None Meh.

Favortie Pet: Gummy All hail our new Alligator overlord!

Favortie OC: General Esteem from "The Immortal Game". As the only grimdark story I like so far I just couldn't not pick an OC from it.

Last edited by crazyBE on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cloudchaser
Pony
Pony
Cloudchaser

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:21 am

Okay. Okay. Here I go.

Favorite Mane: Um. Um. Um. Both. Applejack and Rainbow Dash are tied <3 (that sounded dirty in my mind)

Favorite CMC: Scootabloom. That's one pony, right? Right?

Favorite Supporting Character: Big Mac. He funny.

Favorite Background Character: Cloudchaser (lol!) and Flitter, of course. They so kyoot.

Favorite Pet: Winona. She gets no love, but she's awesome.

Favorite OC: Applejoy Rainbadurr Ya. Rivest knows who dat is. And 89.72% of you can guess.

Favorite Shipping Pair: I bet Rarity put this here just for me <3 Well, I don't think you could ever guess. If I told you, you wouldn't believe me. It's Appledash Rainbowjack
Zap Apple Apple-flavored Skittles Laffy Taffy US x Russia THE BLUE ONE AND THE ORANGE ONE Complementary colors
Lol complement is like compliment I forgot what I was talking about Oh look, a moose! That's it, Moose x Tabitha Nowait, Moose x Steven Magnet Fuck Yeah, they do that, wanna fight about it? Orite, Appledash, duh. The clown emoticon looks like a gangster with a hurt nose I mean...
THEY THE A TO THE DOUBLE P, L-E DASH, AND AIN'T NO OTHER COUPLE BE DA BEST LIKE DEM. DEY ZAP APPLES. OR MAYBE JUST AN APPLE AND A RAINBOW. BUT WAIT, NO, THEY'RE TOGETHER, SO YOU HAVE TO COMBINE THEM. BUT THEN THEY'D BE JUST ONE ZAP APPLE. OKAY LET'S GO WITH THAT. BAI.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Let's do this properly then

Favorite Mane: Pinkie, tied for the longest time with Shy until I got convinced otherwise in season 2...with the exception of every week after a Shy episode.

Favorite CMC: Scootaloo....bwakaaak.

Favorite Supporting Character: Spike, probably due to the stoner memes.

Favorite Background Character: SEE IF YOU CAN GUESS!!!

Favortie Pet: Angel Bunny. For being such an awesome arsehole.

Favortie OC: I dunno, WoddenToaster or something. Maybe Moonstuck Luna.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Characters   Favorite Characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Characters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top