[Oudated] Healer specs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

[Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:15 am

derp

Last edited by Darth Dreselus on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:16 pm

After some more digging it would seem that Willpower and Power have the following effect on healing.

Willpower: 0.14 (2sf) bonus per 1 WP point
Power: 0.17 (2sf) bonus per 1 PWR point

Power, same as your primary stat, has not cap or diminishing returns (that at least seems to be the consensus at the moment, no one has found evidence suggesting otherwise)

EDIT: I have removed the graph as it is no longer valid (following the surge nerf). The person who made it said he will have the updated graph soon, so I will post that.

Last edited by Darth Dreselus on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:48 am

I've looked at my skill tree of sorc for hours and I got to the same spec as shy has now.
Damaging yourself for 2% less is terrible compared to just healing yourself 8% more afterwards. The speed bonus only seems useful to me in huttball and maybe the civil war where the 10% speed boost could make the difference.
That graph you made is pretty nice btw Dreselus. I hadn't really checked my shield+absorption boost after using my relic but according to the graph I'd get around 40% bonus in both making my shield chance 75% Surprised
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:10 pm

Lol I nicked that from some forum. I hate maths and would never be able to make such a graph.

Also for damage it is:

WP, 0.2 per point
PWR, 0.23 per point
(the damage bonus and base is also modified by weapon rating, force power and in the case of saber attacks stregth but I don't wanna get into that fully, so just have a link to the forum I got the graph from.)

Last edited by Darth Dreselus on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Colt
Colt
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:55 pm

Just in case you didn't know you can edit your own post instead of double posting. Muffins!?!
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Twilight Sparkle wrote:
Just in case you didn't know you can edit your own post instead of double posting. Muffins!?!

I do but I didn't realise I was the last person the post here.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:22 pm

UPDATE:

1.4 Seer tree. (Note that some of the skills still have 1.3 descriptions)

My build

As Egress is not very useful for PvE, I would suggest the following build if you do not PvP with your Sage.

PvE centric throughput

Alternatively you can put both points into Wisdom and none in Mend Wounds. Up to you if you want to increase your healing by 1% and sacrifice the lower cost and heal (500-700) of cleanse. Do not forget that 1% increase on a 7k heal would only be 70hp and as such the cleanse could be more effective.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 pm

I would take Mend Wounds for PvE and PvP as cleanses in PvP help a ton when dealing with the majority of specs. The only time your cleanse would be on the out is if you're dealing with an Agent/Smuggler as all their DOTs are tech based. Don't forget that the physical effects cleanse also works on most slows and the little amount of healing it does has saved my ass plenty of times.

You seem to under-play Wisdom due to it only being 1% per point, which as you said is very low. I take points out of Pain Bearer to put into Wisdom for PvE just because 2% more healing is still 2% more healing, and now we have that new self-heal so that's a big boost to survivability as it is. PvP wise it is not worth it, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:20 pm

I still use cleanse it just does not heal. I like the points in pain bearer; 4% on a 7k heal is 560hp so that's the whole benefit of Mend Wounds on a single heal (as far as Force goes, if I'm running out of Force in PvP it just means I am not being attacked and do not need the cleanse as much). It is now easy and fun to kite Assault vanguards as well as Sentinels. I absolutely love the changes to PvP survivability.

I also love how the change to Force Wave was done because unintended people were caught in it. They way it works now I can hit much more people with it and have gotten the message: Defeat X with Force Wave quite a few times, never had one pre 1.4.

But if we had dual spec I would probably get wisdom over Pain Bearer. Also with the new gear I may end up with enough crit to take a point from Penetrating Light.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:29 am

Darth Dreselus wrote:
I still use cleanse it just does not heal.

Guessing that is the reason you couldn't cleanse the dot on lorrick then.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:43 am

Amorphic wrote:
Darth Dreselus wrote:

Rofl, yeah...got this instead, bye bye 7700 heal on myself =/. Seriously need dual spec, Egress is so useless in PvE and so amazing in PvP.

Last edited by Darth Dreselus on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Darth Dreselus wrote:
Amorphic wrote:
Darth Dreselus wrote:

Rofl, yeah...got this instead, bye bye 7700 heal on myself =/. Seriously need dual spec, Egress is so useless in PvE and so amazing in PvP.

yeah on my sentinel i have 5 totally useless talents and 2 that are only semi useful for pve because there are no dual specs.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:17 pm

you should use the torhead skill calculator since they at least updated to 1.4
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:56 am

crazyBE wrote:
you should use the torhead skill calculator since they at least updated to 1.4

Not at the time I was using it, fixed now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Oudated] Healer specs   [Oudated] Healer specs - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Oudated] Healer specs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top