Share | 

Boss DPS potential of all specs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

Boss DPS potential of all specs Empty
PostSubject: Boss DPS potential of all specs   Boss DPS potential of all specs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:41 am

Some very interesting work being undertaken:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=679360

The fact that Infiltration Shadow gain 15% DPS going from dummy to boss is pretty staggering.

It obviously assumes 100% uptime on the boss with ideal rotation, hence why it is 'DPS potential'

Last edited by Derpy on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Boss DPS potential of all specs   Boss DPS potential of all specs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:19 pm

So the devs aren't crazy? Derped! 
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Boss DPS potential of all specs   Boss DPS potential of all specs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 am

The culmination of the efforts, taking in the scalars and adding them to the best parses.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6786941#post6786941

Caveats:
-the DPS scalar thread is still ongoing so some values may be slightly off, the above linked thread will not be updated
-This again simulates a 100% uptime with ideal ST rotation
-Gear disparity
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Boss DPS potential of all specs   Boss DPS potential of all specs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Cool post, it's great for general concept, but not perfect. At least it clearly shows the community that every DPS is spec is viable for end-game content. Even the lowest on that list, 2.7k, is enough.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Boss DPS potential of all specs   Boss DPS potential of all specs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:43 pm

So Cloud's bitching about Shadow being totally broken and useless for DPS is completely inaccurate. Razz
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Boss DPS potential of all specs   Boss DPS potential of all specs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Lyra wrote:
So Cloud's bitching about Shadow being totally broken and useless for DPS is completely inaccurate. Razz
Actually it is more about the fact that one spec is completely unpredictable and the other is incredibly boring.

I tried Madness Rotation, it literally is press 3 buttons every 15s + spam 2 fillers + react to 1 proc.

Compare that to Slinger predictability, versatility (turret or movement dots), decent on demand burst and very nice AoE (obv you need to switch specs).
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Boss DPS potential of all specs   Boss DPS potential of all specs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Yes let's compare the versatility of a pure dps class to one that can tank Rolling Eyes 

shadow dps is boring in your opinion.
saying it is bad b/c you don't like it just doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Boss DPS potential of all specs   Boss DPS potential of all specs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 4:17 am

crazyBE wrote:
Yes let's compare the versatility of a pure dps class to one that can tank Rolling Eyes 

shadow dps is boring in your opinion.
saying it is bad b/c you don't like it just doesn't work.
Well until recently there was no hybrid tax, so what do DPS specced classes gain by having that additional tree? I do not want them to do anything else in a raid I have 2 tanks and 2 healers there for a reason, but then again we got told to heal to full so I am not sure anymore.

Remember Tython, the constant spamming of Strike and Double Strike? Wanna do that again? Go Balance Shadow.

People think it is bad because of parses, now the threads have gone out of their way to find the truth and the truth is that they are not bad.

I was only comparing Shadows to Slingers because of Cloud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boss DPS potential of all specs   Boss DPS potential of all specs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boss DPS potential of all specs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top