View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 pm

-new op has 4 difficulties and 7(!!!) lockouts. Hopefully 7 bosses as well Razz

-HM HS, Athiss, Mando and Cademimu. No Red Reaper though Sad

-campaign and hazmat becomes a joke to get (HM ev for hazmat? srsly?)

-crew skill cap -> 450

-Companion buffs + nerfs.

-TfB becomes a lvl 55 ops!!

"Personal shield generators are now effective against all attacks that deal Energy and Kinetic Damage, rather than just direct weapon attacks"
-Guess we can shield force+tech attacks then. Suddenly tank gear becomes a lot more usefull in PvP.

-lots of set bonus changes (not gonna list them, too many =D )
* fu BW now I need Pve set bonus on my scoundrel. 10% boost to shitty defense screen for pvp?

"Weekly limits are now enforced on Commendation gains for each Commendation type"
-please don't be stupid and put it on PvP comms as well

"Commendations from individual planets have been converted into a single “Planetary Commendation” type. Vendors that previously traded items for specific planet commendations now trade the same items for Planetary Commendations.
Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content."

-Legacy achievements that may reward CC and other stuff

-Weekly lowbie pvp mission

"Bolster is now based on item rating rather than character level. Recruit-level gear is no longer available, as players will be automatically bolstered to this level of item power if they do not meet it naturally.
Players will now be separated into three level brackets for normal Warzone play: 10 – 29, 30 – 54, and level 55. Ranked Warzones now requires level 55."

-class changes.

-(not on PTS) obviously Makeb =p

edit: forgot to mention alacrity now reduces GCD for all abilities and increases energy/ammo regen by the same amount.

edit: expertise has no soft cap anymore, just a hard cap. 60% dam, 35% heal, 37.5% reduction.

Sounds like an interesting patch tbh.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:34 am

4 difficulties, eh? So does that mean that the level 55 versions count as a "new difficulty"?
Hard Mode Cademimu? That's gonna be interesting, considering how many people below 50 hate the normal-mode version. Good to see Mando and Athiss getting a bit more love, though. Shame there isn't one for Colicoid, really.
Hard Mode Eternity Vault for flippin' Hazmat gear? What the actual...?
Weekly limits? Heh. No more opportunities to get ~144 Black Hole Commendations per week, then.
So the Tionese Crystals have gone from "nuisance yet necessary for Tionese gear" to "useless except for buying a free crate and selling shit for credits" and finally to "will not drop - ever" yet are still counted as a viable commendation? If they won't drop from any content, why will they still be listed?
Increased alacrity rating suddenly becomes a bit more useful for Commando DPS - increased Ammo regen and cd? Yes, please! Smiiile!

One thing which I hope does happen is that we get some new high-level Medpacs. The Level 44 one is all well and good, yet for the already-fully-geared-in-Black-Hole/Hazmat player who has not got Biochem, they do tend to fall a bit flat in usefulness.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:39 am

Must-resist-downloading-the-PTS......

p/s: Almost all the datamined stuff are true.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:39 am

You people are so slow =D
Back to top Go down
Slugfest
Filly
Filly
Slugfest

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Hehehe, you knew they were going to put a legacy/achievement system in at some point. Achievements seemed to be one of the major reasons people keep/kept logging into WoW on a daily basis. When in doubt, copy WoW. Shocked
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Skarkdahn wrote:
4 difficulties, eh? So does that mean that the level 55 versions count as a "new difficulty"?

Nope. They mean 8m SM, 16m SM, 8m HM and 16m HM.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:47 pm

crazyBE wrote:
Skarkdahn wrote:

Nope. They mean 8m SM, 16m SM, 8m HM and 16m HM.

Ah, of course. I forgot about the 16m mechanic. Sometimes the obvious escapes me.

So how long until we get TfB NiM? :p
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:31 am

NPCs now have resistance to Force/Tech attacks. This is currently believed to be 10%. Thus making accuracy required for all DPS classes (and possibly tanks).

http://www.torparse.com/a/140582/6/0/Damage+Dealt - parse done with 104% accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Derpy wrote:
NPCs now have resistance to Force/Tech attacks. This is currently believed to be 10%. Thus making accuracy required for all DPS classes (and possibly tanks).

http://www.torparse.com/a/140582/6/0/Damage+Dealt - parse done with 104% accuracy.

HAH! And EVERYONE was so quick to dismiss me saying that enemies could have resistances when we were in S&V...or was it EV...whatever, I was right. ^_^
Back to top Go down

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Derpy wrote:

Nothing will ever make me get accuracy alacrity over defensive stats, ever.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Tanking stats really have gone belly-up in this patch. Whereas before one could quite easily and happily get to 60% base value for Shield and Absorption, you'd be jolly damn lucky in 2.0 to get anywhere near 40% without augments or rearranging mods from other armour pieces, which would be a (comparatively) very difficult thing to do on Live.
Additionally, Ion Pulse just got a whole lot less useful.

No wonder I've seen so many tanks who keep melting in the Level 55 Flashpoints...
Also a surprisingly high number of people who now guard healers...

Well, seeing what a bit of a nightmare successfully managing Tanking and tanking stats is going to become, I think it's high time I began preparing Ziodus to take over as my main character. I've thoroughly enjoyed using Gunnery at a high level, and I think I can safely dare say that Commando DPS is something which I'm actually decent at using (unlike with my first Commando, but never ask about him unless you want walls of text outlining failures of mine which I could never seem to be bothered to iron out; I'm sure some of you will already know this, especially with what happened when I tried to help out in EC HM...), so there's a very good chance that I will bolster the ranks of endgame DPS players.
Already got quite a few pieces of Legacy gear equipped with Tionese-level (x1), Columi-level (x1) and Black Hole level (x2) mods for as soon as he hits 50. That should give him an easier time during the 50-55 phase than that aspect of elder game seems to be presenting thus far. Also, when put alongside the Master Striker chest plate as a colour-unifier and the HyperStorm Heavy Cannon, the Legacy Trooper gear is my favourite gear design in game, hence why Ziodus is now running round the PtS looking like a very confused just-hit-50 as opposed to conforming to the "just hit 55 and proud to show that we're not all individuals" society.

Speaking of elder game, I don't suppose anyone knows what will happen to the Daily Commendations gathered by our Live characters when the new patch hits? We know of the whole "exchange Tionese/Columi/Rakata/Campaign tokens for Classic Comms" business yet as far as I'm aware, nothing else has been revealed of this manner.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Yessssssss, more commandos! Never enough commandos. Le Flour!

With the comms, they will probably do what they did with battlemaster and centurion comms; just allow you to trade them in and trade up for the new types of comms. Hopefully they don't do what they did with Tionese crystals and make it so all you can do is buy terrible gear boxes with useless equipment.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Amorphic wrote:
Derpy wrote:

Nothing will ever make me get accuracy alacrity over defensive stats, ever.

With the changes to Guardians I agree.

Skarkdahn wrote:
Also a surprisingly high number of people who now guard healers...

People have always guarded healers because they are idiots and don't know how threat works.
Back to top Go down

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 am

The threat of harpoon hasn't been changed. (2700)

However.... the threat of force pull has been increased. (5152 to 8720)
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Because Shadow tanks were horrible with maintaining threat. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:37 am

Fluttershy wrote:

Ikr? We were easy mode threat generation but hard mode staying alive because of spike damage.
BW solution: moar threat, less survivability.

Ex: I healed Dres on Athiss: had to heal dps more than I had to heal him + I barely heal PvE so I was new.
Dres heals my shadow on Athiss: saw myself nearly dead way too many times on random mobs...
Back to top Go down

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 am

crazyBE wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:

Ikr? We were easy mode threat generation but hard mode staying alive because of spike damage.

Ex: I healed Dres on Athiss: had to heal dps more than I had to heal him + I barely heal PvE so I was new.
Dres heals my shadow on Athiss: saw myself nearly dead way too many times on random mobs...

maybe dres is just really shit at healing.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:57 am

Amorphic wrote:
crazyBE wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:

maybe dres is just really shit at healing.

Or maybe too good a tank. TBH I do take laissez faire approach to healing in non OPs. Amorphic knows because I tend to ignore his HP bar until it is around 40%.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:31 am

For anyone that has failed char transfer:
_Try taking off all of your companion's gears and put them into the cargo bank. Then transfer again( it worked me for, my vanguard is on PTS now)
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Shinjiro wrote:
_Try taking off all of your companion's gears and put them into the cargo bank. Then transfer again( it worked me for, my vanguard is on PTS now)

Literally the best solution to anything ever. Did not work for me sadly.
Back to top Go down

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm

HAHA, what? I really shouldn't question this game at this point seeing as getting naked gives you 800k more hp. It was actually pretty obvious that the solution to the character transfer issue was having a naked orgy with all your companions.

I got sec transfered.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:20 pm

I haven't had any issues with any of my characters who I have tried to transfer.
I haven't yet transferred them all (and probably won't; I have no interest in bringing across either of my Jedi, my Bounty Hunter or my Juggernaut), though, so there's no guarantee that I'm not exempt from this bug; I just haven't come across it yet, is all. *shrug*

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the way to fix it; it sounds ridiculous, but then gear has also provided and solved issues on live as well; numerous Flashpoints I've been on in the last would not let the group progress through conversations if one of the members had changed gear throughout it, and that required either that member to switch back to his old gear or to leave the FP to solve it.
Gear is bug-inducing, quite clearly.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm

Shinjiro wrote:
Now you can enjoy Tactics in 2.0.

Also, I was healing Luna and it was my first time Scoundrel healing above level 27, but he did take more damage than Dres (I was DPSing the first run on Goopy). When fighting the bosses, I didn't notice too much of a difference between him and Dres while they were tanking. However, when fighting trash there did seem to be a bigger disparity, Luna seemed to be taking a lot of damage from melee attacks (from the Temple Guardians). Force attack damage seemed to be about the same that Dres would take on his Guardian.

Nudity always solves your problems.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Shinjiro wrote:
Now you can enjoy Tactics in 2.0.

Also, I was healing Luna and it was my first time Scoundrel healing above level 27, but he did take more damage than Dres (I was DPSing the first run on Goopy). When fighting the bosses, I didn't notice too much of a difference between him and Dres while they were tanking. However, when fighting trash there did seem to be a bigger disparity, Luna seemed to be taking a lot of damage from melee attacks (from the Temple Guardians). Force attack damage seemed to be about the same that Dres would take on his Guardian.

Nudity always solves your problems.

Oh right you were the healer Derp!
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 am

Shadow tank is the most squishiest between the 3 tanks when it comes to tanking trash.

Derpy wrote:

Literally the best solution to anything ever. Did not work for me sadly.

Another thing you can try to taking off ship's parts too.
*need to put all those items in the cargo bay,not inventory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[PTS] 2.0 patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 patch   [PTS] 2.0 patch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[PTS] 2.0 patch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top