Star Ponies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you want to go to King's Island?
Yes, on Thursday the 30th.
Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_vote_lcap44%Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Yes, on Monday the 3rd.
Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_vote_lcap11%Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
No, I can't or don't want to go.
Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_vote_lcap44%Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup Empty
PostSubject: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:17 pm

After what a huge blast it was for so many of us in the guild to meet up at Canterlot Gardens last year, I've been wanting to do it again this year. Sadly, it doesn't look like CG will happen again this year. They apparently lost one of their major investors months ago, and I haven't heard any other information about it since. Even if they find a new one soon, it's probably too late to start planning a con of that size for this year. I want to get feedback from you guys on alternatives.

I have been researching two other MLP cons happening in Ohio, and both are coming up in a few months. The first is Cutie Mark Con, which will be held from May 31-June 2 in Cincinnati. The second is Trotcon, which will be held from June 14-16 in Columbus.

Cutie Mark Con is a brand new con, but is currently looking like the bigger of the two. A basic weekend con badge is $40 if you order one before April 1st. They have several voice actors from the show attending, a couple of which have never gone to an MLP con before. They also have a few community guests announced as well. There is a water park built into the hotel hosting it, and King's Island (a major theme park) is less than 15 minutes away.

Trotcon is having its second run this year. It's a bit cheaper with weekend badges costing $30 if ordered before April 19th. It's also at a slightly more central location between those of us who went to CG last year. The only show-involved person announced so far is Lee Tockar, but I know they had quite a few community guests last year. Trotcon also seems to have a bit more physical space than Cutie Mark Con, which is something CG sorely needed more of last year.

Both cons are being held in a hotel convention space. Both hotels are running special rates for standard rooms of $99 per night for con guests. Neither con has any sort of schedule or list of panels at the moment, and they will probably both announce more guests in the future.

I would like to go to CMC, but I want to know what you guys think. If you guys want to do something else entirely, even something not related to MLP at all, suggest it. Considering we spent more time playing Cards Against Humanity at CG last year than actually doing con stuff, all that matters to me is that we can get together somewhere, sometime this year.

What say you?

Edit: New Poll!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Pinkie Pie wrote:

What say you?

The way is shut.
It was made by those who are Dead,
And the Dead keep it.
Until the time comes,
The way is shut.

Le Flour!

Silly references aside, I am not really sure which con (if any at all) I'd like to go to. CMC looks like it is shaping up to be really well done, as I read through their info and legal jargon and they seem to have their shit together. Nice guests and all that too. Razz Trotcon is much closer though, and might be a better mid point for everyone, and a closer knit convention. Hmm.

I am not opposed to just meeting somewhere for the weekend and doing whatever as well. Like Pinkie said, we pretty much just hung out and played CAH most of the time (we need more games btw).

I'm curious what everyone else thinks.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 pm

I can probably try to come, though I'll need to make sure we aren't hosting anything at the same time.
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:46 am

I'd like to go to CMC its a little farther but we also have the option to go to a water park (ever see a Rivest drive with flip flops on?)
Back to top Go down
Cloudchaser
Pony
Pony
Cloudchaser

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 pm

Sign me up! Having money is awesome. Especially when you just get it. Derped!
I'd like to go to CMC myself. Sounds like there's a lot around there besides the con that might be fun to do, too, if we get around to it. And yay Cards Against Humanity live <3
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:03 pm

elsewhere: Belgium <.< >.>
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 pm

crazyBE wrote:

Luna, we totally would if we actually had the money to do it.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Lyra wrote:
crazyBE wrote:

Why u no win lottery?
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:36 pm

crazyBE wrote:
Lyra wrote:
crazyBE wrote:

Why u no win lottery?

because the government will take it all anyway in taxes
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Applejack wrote:
crazyBE wrote:
Lyra wrote:
crazyBE wrote:

Why u no win lottery?

because the government will take it all anyway in taxes

Sadly, this. ^
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Ok, at this point it's pretty unanimous that we will be meeting at Cutie Mark Con. Now I have another question for you.

Less than 15 minutes away from CMC is the amusement park King's Island. I've been there several times before, and it is really fun if you enjoy roller coasters. Would any of you want to go early before the con or stay after to spend a day there? Vote and let me know what you think!

Also, in an unrelated note, we are going to play the following game at the con whether you like it or not.
Daniel O'Brien wrote:
I first learned about this game in some Reddit thread that, for the life of me, I can't find now. I think the original poster called it "Mr. President." It's the best, but only if your friends are as dumb as me.

So, you're at a party, standing around in a circle with your friends, talking and laughing and sporting and doing whatever else people do at parties. Then one of your friends, without announcing it, puts a finger to her ear, as if she's listening to one of those Secret Service radios. If you see her doing it, you do it too while drawing as little attention do yourself as possible. Then one of your other friends will catch on and also do it. And another friend. When there is only one person left who doesn't have his hand to his ear, that's when you know: He is the President. You are the Secret Service. And his life is in grave danger.
"Mr. President get down!"

Whoever screams that first gets to tackle "the President," and then everyone else piles on (or, if you're me, you put on invisible sunglasses, make a little gun with your hand and secure the perimeter, to lend some authenticity to the whole affair).

I can't say that this will help you be a more attentive and present person, or if it help strengthen your reflexes because, in all likelihood, this game will not make you better at life in any way. But, when someone else at the party sees a bunch of strangers yel,l "Mr. President get down" simultaneously, for a few minutes, life is a movie for them. And that's kind of neat.
I'll give you one guess where I found this.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:27 pm

I'd totally be down to show up early so I'd drive down Wednesday night or thursday morning and party at the park till friday.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm checking on getting time off.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 pm

For those of you who want to go to King's Island on Thursday, would you plan on arriving that morning or the night before?
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Got my ticket. See you all there SO awesome!
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:06 am

Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:34 am

Lyra wrote:
Canterlot Gardens Kickstarter

Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup Mlfw6133-tumblr_m4jeq81K1T1r2kw8v
Funding ends on April 1st, obviously this isn't serious. Derped!
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 pm

I'd rather stay with CMC for a few reasons

1) I already bought my ticket.

2) I dont want to experience what happen at Unicon.

3) It says its under new management so who knows what it could be like looks like.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Applejack wrote:
I'd rather stay with CMC for a few reasons

1) I already bought my ticket.

2) I dont want to experience what happen at Unicon.

3) It says its under new management so who knows what it could be like looks like.

Oh, believe me, I would much rather go to CMC myself as CG is sketchy as hell as to whether it will even happen, let alone be good. I just thought I would share the info so we could laugh or something. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:59 pm

They want $20,000. They want it by April 1st. They plan on having it in September or October.
Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup Mlfw2835-132898039991

Considering that Nightmare Night Dallas is in November and they already had to ask for an extension on their payment for the venue (due to the voice actor embargo), this seems questionable at best.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Question how many how many people do we have and how many rooms do we have booked at the moment. so we don't have like 9 of us cramming into 1 room. Not that any of you arn't Sexy or anything *Wink* but yeah...
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:00 pm

He's planning on getting 2 rooms. Not sure if he's booked them yet, though
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Ok, this calls for an update.

The following guildies are confirmed (or at least highly likely) for attendance:
Pinkie
Kaizu
Rydel
Rivest
Cloudchaser
Dekadash
CKTofu
Sunspark

The only "maybe" left is Kabra, anyone else is not going.

Sunspark wants to get his own private room, so that leaves 7 of us to figure out our room situation if Kabra does not come. I have booked one standard 2 bed room for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening. With 7 people, we are kind of pushing the limits on how many people we can fit, but we were able to have exactly that many in one room at CG last year. Since I have already booked a room, it's up to one of you guys to get another if you want one. I don't mind either way. I know that some of you are planning on leaving on Monday, so there will have to be another room for at least Sunday evening.

Since a majority of you will not have cars when there, please post when, where, and how you are arriving and departing Cincinnati so we can work out carpools if needed.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:01 pm

I'll be arriving around 3-3:30pm on 5/30 and leaving at 4:15pm on 6/3
Back to top Go down
CKTofu
Pony
Pony
CKTofu

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:21 pm

From my research so far, assuming I can work this so I can go, I'd get there at either 3:30pm or 7:30pm ish 5/30 and I'd have to leave on the Sunday in the morning-ish time (plane at 2pm ish).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup   Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Annual Star Ponies Meetup

View previous topic View next topic Back to top