View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Free to Play information - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Here's a pic of my screen from the PTR. SIX action bars! Very Happy

Free to Play information - Page 2 6_bars10

~D

EDIT: Fixed pic.

Last edited by Doombah on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Doombah wrote:
Here's a (crappy) pic of my screen from the PTR. SIX action bars! Very Happy

Free to Play information - Page 2 2012-110

~D
I want to punch myself in the crotch.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 am

Doombah wrote:

~D

Why not just......

take a screenshot?
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:25 am

Amorphic wrote:
Doombah wrote:

~D

Why not just......

take a screenshot?

But it's so hard to hit PrtSc

Totally buying the ship GTN since it's the only thing on that tab I do not have Smile
That and maybe the Rattattaki
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 pm

This is just... vicious.

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/24/swtor-free-to-play-ftp-player-restrictions/

Only one quickbar to start and one message in general chat every minute? Nickel and diming like champs.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Wanna talk vicious, check out Runescape for f2p/p2p differences. Those mood restrictions are stupid though. I am glad that they can't spam gen chat though. It is bad as it is.

One quickbar will make it hard on some classes though, should be unlockable at lower costs for the first 2-4
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Derpy wrote:
Wanna talk vicious, check out Runescape for f2p/p2p differences. Those mood restrictions are stupid though. I am glad that they can't spam gen chat though. It is bad as it is.

One quickbar will make it hard on some classes though, should be unlockable at lower costs for the first 2-4
Who plays Runescape still? Uh you choose

Spamming gen chat is annoying, but one minute is a long time all things considered. I'd be more understanding if it was thirty seconds or something. The three loot rolls per week for Ops + FPs are also a bit steep for me. You can't even roll on every boss in one Ops.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Fluttershy wrote:

Who plays Runescape still? Uh you choose

It's actually the most played f2p MMO. It's the kinda game that you can play in the background while doing other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Blimey, I had no idea that they'd be restricting rest Xp. It makes sense given that I know of at least one other MMO that does it. Ouch.

Interesting to note that the f2p limit for BH Comms is actually higher than it apparently is for subscribed players. One boom from these limits is the fact that Tionese crystals are limited - no more vast hoarding of unneeded comms and crystals (except to buy gear to sell once the refund limit has expired, of course). The increased prices are just nasty.

One quickbar only? Yeesh, I remember the days of struggling through scrollbars to get abilities, and that wasn't fun. Still preferable to what is being done here, though. It would need very careful picking and choosing, depending on the role (Healers would need their most useful/powerful spells, Tanks the most defensive and threat-raising spells, and DPS the most damaging spells), so maybe it would help one players with tactical Playstyle in this respect.
Back to top Go down
Kalethin
Filly
Filly

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
This is just... vicious.

Only one quickbar to start and one message in general chat every minute? Nickel and diming like champs.

Those restrictions are brutal. I'd considered continuing to play in some fashion after the game went f2p, but I can't imagine playing like that. Who would find that fun?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Kalethin wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
This is just... vicious.

Those restrictions are brutal. I'd considered continuing to play in some fashion after the game went f2p, but I can't imagine playing like that. Who would find that fun?

People that play the game like its kotor 3.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:42 am

It costs 250 CC to unlock all 6 quick bars for FTP players , they give everyone 250 CC at the launch of FTP i think.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:02 am

Well there is still one piece of the puzzle missing. We do not know how many CCs per $1.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:06 am

Derpy wrote:
Well there is still one piece of the puzzle missing. We do not know how many CCs per $1.
I'm going to be hopeful and guess it is at least 250CC is $1USD. If it is 100CC for $1 that means some of the stuff to unlock is going to be expensive, relatively speaking.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:19 pm

If other FTP games are any reference, $1 per 100CC seems like my best guess, but maybe they will be different and give more.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:31 pm

It's good that they listened Smile

Quote :
We've been observing PTS closely over the last few days. In that time, we have generally been very pleased with how well the build has been performing, as well as overall reaction to the build both on the boards and in-game. That being said, based on community and internal feedback here and further deliberation, we will in short order make the following changes to the Free to Play restrictions:

Free-to-Play players will now get a second quickslot bar.
Free-to-Play players will now be able to do 5 Warzones per week instead of 3.
The Cartel Coin item lock (i.e. temporary bind) will be reduced to 3 days for Free-to-Play players, and 2 days for subscribers.

We've found some crucial bugs that needed stomping, which is good. These changes will make their way to you probably early next week.

There are a couple of key concepts that should be kept in mind as you review free to play changes. The first is that, to be honest, all of you are looking at a gameplay mode that you will likely never see. Subscribers who choose to cancel their account will typically revert to something that we refer to as preferred status. My fellow designer Nathan Emmott will in short order have a post up describing the ins and outs of preferred status. Originally, the second quickslot bar was part of preferred status, but this morning based on feedback here and what they were seeing in the community we decided to give it to everyone.

The second is Warzones. Perhaps the most interesting point regarding the Warzones limitation is that some players have concerns that putting limitations on Warzone runs might make Warzone queues less likely to fire. While it is possible that this may happen, we don't think it will -- our subscriber base likely will not shrink much, and for some of our competitors, converting to Free-to-Play has resulted in a subscriber increase! Which means that Warzone queues should likely see improvement from what you experience in game, and at minimum be relatively unchanged in experience.

That being said, one of our golden rules is that the Free-to-Play experience should not cheapen the experience for paying subscribers. If it turns out that the Free-to-Play conversion results in a degraded Warzone experience once we go live for subscribers, you can rest assured that we will quickly make adjustments to the system to ensure that subscribers have an optimal experience.

That being said, it is important conversely that the subscription offers subscribers strong, tangible benefits over the Free-to-Play experience. We value our subscribers greatly, and they are crucial to the success of Star Wars: the Old Republic.

Thank you for helping being our guinea pigs through this experience, and please continue to keep posting your feedback on issues here. We're listening!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5324230#edit5324230

And this,Preferred Status Player

Quote :
Howdy Folks!

By now - from the comments here, on Reddit, and our community sites - y'all have gotten a good look at both our Cartel Market, and the Free-to-Play experience. I've seen a whole lot of back and forth discussions on what we are offering to our Free-to-Play Players, specifically when it comes to what features we have locked off or restricted when compared to Subscribers. Well, I wanted to jump into the discussions here to introduce our Preferred Player Status.

When we launch our Free-to-Play option this Fall, it will include three ways of playing The Old Republic: as a Subscriber, as a Free-to-Play Player, or with Preferred Status! We have previously mentioned Preferred Player Status on our website (http://www.swtor.com/free/features) but have not really gone into details, something I plan to address here.

Once our Free-to-Play option launches, Free-to-Play Players will gain Preferred Player Status by making a single purchase through our website. This purchase can simply be a quantity of Cartel Coins, or a Game Time Card, or even a month of a Subscription. Additionally, former Subscribers who are returning as Free-to-Play Players, will find they have Preferred Status!

As a Preferred Status Player, you will gain the following benefits compared to Free-to-Play Players:
• The Sprint ability at Level 1
• Access to your Cargo Hold (an 80 item Player Bank)
• Access to Secure Trade
• The ability to send Mail, including one (1) attachment
• Increased allowance for chat message frequencies in Public chat channels (such as /general)
• An increased Credits Cap
• Access to the Who List
• Three (3) additional Sale Slots on the Galactic Trade Network (for a total of 5)
• One (1) additional active Crew Skill Slot (for a total of 2)
• Reduced skill point respecialization costs
• Increased Server queue priority

In addition to the above benefits, Subscribers who return as Preferred Status Players will find that they retain any Cargo Hold and Inventory expansions they had unlocked, any Legacy Unlock or Perk they have gained (including Species) and can continue to use any Artifact equipment that was bound to them previously.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5324114#edit5324114

This whole FTP thing is looking to be better.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Shinjiro wrote:
It's good that they listened Smile

Spoiler:

This whole FTP thing is looking to be better.

Wow. That's some of the best response time i've seen for an MMO in regards to testing. It shows that the devs actually have their finger on the pulse of the community and not far away from the community and up their asses. I'm still going to be a subscriber, but I bet they get a good number of people back with this model.

~D
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Credit cap? No ty. Just gonna stay subscribed.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 pm

crazyBE wrote:

My millions!!!!

I guess it's to curb gold farmers.

2 quickbars is good. The game is completely playable with 2, my other bars are filled with stuff like QT, pets, stims and such.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Derpy wrote:
crazyBE wrote:

My millions!!!!

I guess it's to curb gold farmers.

2 quickbars is good. The game is completely playable with 2, my other bars are filled with stuff like QT, pets, stims and such.

No trade and no mail.
Gold farmers would have to subscribe without the cap.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Free to Play information - Page 2 Tythonianforce-maststerlightsaber

Dear lord!!! gotta have it .... SO awesome! (i may have to rob Kenshi if i don't have enough credits to buy the rifle and this on GTN) Rainbadurr
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Shinjiro wrote:
Free to Play information - Page 2 Tythonianforce-maststerlightsaber

Dear lord!!! gotta have it .... SO awesome! (i may have to rob Kenshi if i don't have enough credits to buy the rifle and this on GTN) Rainbadurr
It's really cool but you'll hardly see it during combat.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Maybe it causes a different effect when in combat? Like you can tell it is the special saber or not.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Lyra wrote:
Maybe it causes a different effect when in combat? Like you can tell it is the special saber or not.
It would be better if it was like the unstable sabers from TFU.
Free to Play information - Page 2 2395129974404104
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:43 am

I will get it despite that Smile

Also,OP updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free to Play information

View previous topic View next topic Back to top