Why Friendship is Magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Why Friendship is Magic Empty
PostSubject: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am

I forgot to post this here, how silly of me! Well, for my English final I had to write about an important event in my life that has occurred or is on-going, so I chose ponies. The trick is that I had to read it aloud to the class, and my fellow bronies demanded that I filmed it. I did and uploaded it. It was in a Equestria Daily Nightly Round-up post and I got some great feedback on Ponychan. Most of it was talk about my balls though. Muffins!?!

I'm looking forward to see all of your feedback on it, and I hope that I did I represented bronies for my class alright.

Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:39 am

Wow, that was you? I guess I never really looked at the name on the video. How did you manage to stand during that entire thing? I ask this because it must have been difficult with your massive balls. You are awesome, and I am so proud to know you.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:16 am

BlastingGravy wrote:
Wow, that was you? I guess I never really looked at the name on the video. How did you manage to stand during that entire thing? I ask this because it must have been difficult with your massive balls. You are awesome, and I am so proud to know you.

Hahaha thanks XD. I tend to have a murder (fancy diction) of magical gnomes to help my support my massive manhood. No but really, my balls are normal, human male, testicles. Thanks for the kind words though, I am proud to know you too!
Back to top Go down
BrazenVenture
Filly
Filly
BrazenVenture

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:47 am

Very well done. Glad to see you put yourself out there to spread some love and tolerance. Cheers! Cupcaaakes~!
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:41 pm

And here I am still trying to hide the ponies from my mother.....
But NOT anymore. You sir are a great inspiration to all of the bronies that still haven't come forward.
I'm going to borrow some of your guts and tell her right away! As soon as she wakes up....

I still cannot believe you actually stood in front of an entire class talking about ponies.
You make me proud! Now go out there and become the next president!!
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:
And here I am still trying to hide the ponies from my mother.....
But NOT anymore. You sir are a great inspiration to all of the bronies that still haven't come forward.
I'm going to borrow some of your guts and tell her right away! As soon as she wakes up....

I still cannot believe you actually stood in front of an entire class talking about ponies.
You make me proud! Now go out there and become the next president!!
Thanks Rainbow! I'm glad I was able to inspire somepony at least. President is a lot of work, I'm not sure about that!
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:09 am

I'm sorry Fluttershy, but I just can't sit through the video. I'm just not interested in these things (I didn't watch the college physics presentation until almost a month after it came out, and that was a very very boring day and even then I found it hard to sit through.) It could possibly be because I'm still going to classes and I personally feel that these sorts of things loose a lot of their 'oomph' when seen through a screen. One of the major reasons I can't get behind Online Courses.

Now my excuses for not watching the video out of the way, I applaud you for standing up in front of your class and doing this. It takes real balls (Not quite as much balls as the 6'2" dude wearing a RD costume at AX, but it seriously takes a lot). I kinda wish I had found out about MLP sooner in my courses so I could have done something more with them. I did give my final paper to my English teacher as a letter to Hasbro asking for better toys (And starting it off with 'Dear Princess Celestia' Probably lost points for that. Ah well, I still passed the class) and my final speech in speech class was about Bronies. But I digress, I applaud you, congrats, and stuff. Am I off the hook now? X3
Back to top Go down
SilverstarStreak
Filly
Filly
SilverstarStreak

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:41 pm

I salute and commend you, good sir. I am already as nervous as a Dash before a flight contest when I do any sort of public speaking. Add ponies to it? Well, I'd probably go into convulsions. I don't hide it from my friends or anything (plus I can talk about it on youtube apparently), but live, in front of people? That's a whole different bag of oats. I have not the stamina for it.

Fantastic job. Cupcaaakes~!
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:40 am

Thanks star! I did have the shakes when starting, but have I said the show title I felt better.

Also, you could always skim the essay Rarity. I did post it up and linked it in the description. Just saying... haha

Short Essay Doc
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:26 am

Ok, so I get to read rather than watch. Imokwiththis.jpg

Anyway, I'm going to critique your essay. I haven't even finished it and I already found one error. Allow me to quote:

Fluttershy wrote:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a show created by Lauren Faust, the same person who created the popular Powderpuff Girls and Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends series.
Fact Check! Lauren Faust actually was only on the creative team for these two shows. While I'm not sure about Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, where she /might/ have been a co-creator, I can most definitely say that she did not create the Power Puff Girls. Actually, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (There is no Colin there, though there should be there actually isn't one in the title of the show) was Faust's first solo project, meaning it was the first show that she created or adapted for television on her own. Again, I can't speak for FHfIF, but I definitely know that her name is NOT in the creator's credits for PPG.

ONTO MORE READING (AND WAITING UNTIL I'VE FINISHED THE ESSAY BEFORE POSTING!)

Ok, finished reading. I liked the Vin Desiel little quip. Only two things were bugging me while reading this. First, it wasn't in MLA format. This is just something I've gotten used to while in college but it's still a little jarring to read an essay not in MLA format that isn't three miles long. Second, there's no citations for anything there. Like the Vin Deisel quip (I hesitate to call it a fact because I don't have source for it) and the inaccurate quoting that Faust had created previous shows, when in truth she had merely worked on them. Though with everypony and their mother in the brony community attempting to turn Faust into the next Christ figure (Or so it seems) it's only natural that facts get muddled. Otherwise a decent enough essay, a bit choppy at times but I really have no right to complain as my own writing (particularly when writing non-fiction) can be choppy at times. Plus, I do believe that you are still in high school so I really shouldn't be expecting college level essays out of you. Final verdict, for a high school standard I would say this is above average to possibly high. From a college standpoint (Which is kinda how my mind is currently geared) I would say this is just average, and possibly a bit below average. In other words right around where my lazy essays were back during last semester. They were lazy because I hate writing essays, and they were average because I didn't really pay attention during class. So look up, prepare for college, and don't fall asleep in class.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Rarity wrote:
Ok, so I get to read rather than watch. Imokwiththis.jpg

Anyway, I'm going to critique your essay. I haven't even finished it and I already found one error. Allow me to quote:

Fluttershy wrote:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a show created by Lauren Faust, the same person who created the popular Powderpuff Girls and Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends series.
Fact Check! Lauren Faust actually was only on the creative team for these two shows. While I'm not sure about Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, where she /might/ have been a co-creator, I can most definitely say that she did not create the Power Puff Girls. Actually, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (There is no Colin there, though there should be there actually isn't one in the title of the show) was Faust's first solo project, meaning it was the first show that she created or adapted for television on her own. Again, I can't speak for FHfIF, but I definitely know that her name is NOT in the creator's credits for PPG.
Yeah, someone on the Youtube video commented on that. I couldn't find straight info on those topics so I just winged it. XD

Rarity wrote:
Ok, finished reading. I liked the Vin Desiel little quip. Only two things were bugging me while reading this. First, it wasn't in MLA format. This is just something I've gotten used to while in college but it's still a little jarring to read an essay not in MLA format that isn't three miles long.
The prompt was to write a short essay. It was supposed to be only a page, but mmine took two anyways.
Rarity wrote:
Second, there's no citations for anything there. Like the Vin Deisel quip (I hesitate to call it a fact because I don't have source for it) and the inaccurate quoting that Faust had created previous shows, when in truth she had merely worked on them. Though with everypony and their mother in the brony community attempting to turn Faust into the next Christ figure (Or so it seems) it's only natural that facts get muddled. Otherwise a decent enough essay, a bit choppy at times but I really have no right to complain as my own writing (particularly when writing non-fiction) can be choppy at times. Plus, I do believe that you are still in high school so I really shouldn't be expecting college level essays out of you. Final verdict, for a high school standard I would say this is above average to possibly high. From a college standpoint (Which is kinda how my mind is currently geared) I would say this is just average, and possibly a bit below average. In other words right around where my lazy essays were back during last semester. They were lazy because I hate writing essays, and they were average because I didn't really pay attention during class. So look up, prepare for college, and don't fall asleep in class.
Like I said, it was supposed to be a short shitty essay. This was my teachers rubric, "Write about something significant with about a page double-spaced." That was it. All the English teachers in my school are odd like that. If you want something to critique I can upload my seven page single-spaced persuasive essay on the major events leading up to the Civil War. Fabulous!
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:50 pm

As lovely as hearing even more opinions on the events that lead to the Civil War sounds, I'm afraid darling I'm going to have to pass.

Interesting tidbit about the Civil War I learned though, while South Carolina was the first state to succeed (I think it was SC...) it was not the first part of the country to succeed. That honour goes to a small county in the North Western corner of Georgia (And I'm almost 100% that state is spelled differently... whatever). This county actually did not only succeed from the US, but Georgia as well and it wasn't re-inducted into the US until 1949 (Or sometime during the 20th century. And yes I know I'm ON THE INTERNET and I could just look it up, but I'm feeling particularly lazy today)
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Rarity, the word you are looking for is "secede," not "succeed." Don't even get me started on "Powderpuff" Girls. Confounded ponies...

For those of you interested, here's a source for Vin Diesel's D&D hobby. He's extremely open about it. He even has a tattoo of the name of one of his characters.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:18 pm

BlastingGravy wrote:
Don't even get me started on "Powderpuff" Girls. Confounded ponies...

Why did I have to fill a guild with grammar Nazis? Typos are typos XD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 am

I converted from grammar naziism thanks to this video from the most brilliant British person alive.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Friendship is Magic   Why Friendship is Magic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Friendship is Magic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top