SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 Empty
PostSubject: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Keep all TOR E3 stuff contained here.

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/preview-exciting-new-reveals-e3

>Fuck yeah!
>"New Level-Cap"
>Already?

I hate it when they boost the level cap, why can't they just bump up the gear some more?
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:38 am

>That new op looks so awesome SO awesome!

>Level cap increase within a year? That'll only ruin existing ops and make them too easy with the current accuracy based on level difference system.
They should have gone with something like giving extra skill points/abilities for beating for example an op for the first time instead to make it a lot more interesting.

>Finally shadows get that nice looking spinning slash.

>Moar warzones!

>Don't care about space missions

>New planet better have class story.

>Finally a companion with artifice crit
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:52 am

New level cap, eh? Just when I thought one of my guys was nearly in the final stretch. Razz

This year's updates look great, especially the HK-51 now being a companion. They're really going for the Revan story extras in this game, aren't they?

Excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:01 am

HK-51!!!!!!!!

Not sure about the level cap increase, too early it seems, hope current Ops get bumped up to the new cap otherwise there is no point in them as Luna has pointed out.

New OP - awesome
New Wz - great but ranked wz's?
New abilities - so glad I bought the new mouse =D I already had issues mapping all my stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:12 am

Darth Dreselus wrote:
HK-51!!!!!!!!

Not sure about the level cap increase, too early it seems, hope current Ops get bumped up to the new cap otherwise there is no point in them as Luna has pointed out.

New OP - awesome
New Wz - great but ranked wz's?
New abilities - so glad I bought the new mouse =D I already had issues mapping all my stuff.

non cross server ranked warzones are in 1.3
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:23 am

EA conference, starts at 25:20, not much more info but it does specifically refer to ranked wz's.

Also fuck playing a Cathar. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Lol cat people.
I wish the new race was the tentacle face race =/

EDIT: Nautolan =p
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
I hate it when they boost the level cap, why can't they just bump up the gear some more?

It provides a progression reset. This solves two problems: First, not all guilds progress as fast as they release new Ops. As the fall further behind, new content becomes less and less relevant to them. They tend to get bored and leave the game. Also, as new players join, they are behind on Ops. While we're on Nightmare Mode of the new op, they need to run Story Mode of really old stuff we've grown bored of. Because they can't get the groups for the old content, they'll never reach the new content. They feel like there is no end game content and leave, and you can't fix it by adding more end game content, since they'll never get to reach it.

crazyBE wrote:
>Level cap increase within a year? That'll only ruin existing ops and make them too easy with the current accuracy based on level difference system.
They should have gone with something like giving extra skill points/abilities for beating for example an op for the first time instead to make it a lot more interesting.

It's a reset - they won't become too easy, they'll become irrelevant, the same way you don't run Normal Mode low level flash points at 50. They'll just no longer be end game content.

I haven't watched the video yet, so I'll probably post more later.

EDIT: Yay! New difficulties and playable Cathar! I'll need to hold off leveling one of my characters to make one. IS the name Opalescence taken?
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:07 am

Rydel wrote:

EDIT: Yay! New difficulties and playable Cathar! I'll need to hold off leveling one of my characters to make one. IS the name Opalescence taken?

It will be soon. Muahahaha Twisted Evil
Except my character slots are full Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012   SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWTOR E3 Reveals 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top