Why did you choose Smuggler?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tailz120
Filly
Filly
Tailz120

Why did you choose Smuggler? Empty
PostSubject: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 am

Personally, I thought it was going to be the least played class. I don't know if that is going to be the case or not, but it still looks like a really fun class. Why did you choose it?
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:18 am

I'm going smuggler because they seem like the under-dog of the republic. The Jedi have their light sabers and the troopers have battle armor and blaster rifles. While the smuggler doesn't have any real combat training or fancy armor/weapons to hide behind just the clothes on his back and his pistol. Also I've never played a MMORPG with the cover mechanic looks like it will be fun.
Back to top Go down
Tailz120
Filly
Filly
Tailz120

PostSubject: ...   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:30 pm

True, I do like that about smugglers. They'll be a helpful class not by having big weapons or force powers, but by using their wit.

Plus, according to the star wars films, the smuggler gets the princess.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm not going smuggler first, but seeing as how we get 8 character slots I may try it in the future. I like how the smuggler looks so far because they can specialize in just about everything. They have choices of sustained DPS, burst dps, long-ranged dps, close-range dps, and even a healing tree (mainly HoTs). It is true though, they always get the babe, and the credits.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
gingerale
Filly
Filly
gingerale

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:00 pm

Because of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, of course. <3

"A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."
Back to top Go down
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:01 am

The same reason that I will play every other class: for the story, if Bioware can actually pull off eight different experiences in the same game.
Back to top Go down
Infernal_Dalek
Filly
Filly
Infernal_Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Like AppleJack said, Underdog. Muffins!?!

Also, there's just something gratifying about taking down sith warriors and bounty hunters with a blaster, scattergun, or kick in the dick. Oh! The cover system as well.

Additionally, I aspire to be like Han. SO awesome!
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Short answer? Dual wielding pistols.

In the very, very beginning I was thinking I would roll a trooper first. I figured the Ligthsaber classes would be the mass majority. I'm not exactly a hipster but I would rather not have a clone effect right off the bat. after progression videos came out and other content came out, smuggler won over my main character slot in a heartbeat. The cover system mechanic looks well implemented and I was never that interested in becoming a monstrous chunk of metal. Light armor, rolling and blasting away, plus the smuggler lifestyle all appealed to me greatly. And Two pistols! And Nut-kicks! what else could I ask for?
Back to top Go down
Capn Ahab
Filly
Filly
Capn Ahab

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:12 am

I'm thinking about smuggler mostly because they seem to fit my play style the best by having the option to go ranged, go stealth or heal, and because I've always kind of been keen on classes with more unique mechanics surrounding them and the cover mechanic intrigued me from the start. I did have a whole lot of fun with trooper though (who bar none have the most broken aoe attack I have ever seen) so I'll be conflicted when I finally get the chance to log in.
Back to top Go down
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:02 pm

because I shoot first
Back to top Go down
Malcore
Filly
Filly

PostSubject: Why I chose smuggler   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:20 pm

I was in on one those beta weekends and I wanted to try out every class to see what it was like. Then I was picking the opposite advanced class of what I thought I might like to play because I am strange like that. So I was playing a smuggler and so far enjoying the experience up too level 10 and then I chose Scoundrel. I had been wanting to run the Esseless (however you spell that thing) and it seemed that being a healer would help in finding a group.

So we're running through the instance and I'm healing like a boss and actually enjoying myself, when we come up on one of those super bosses that are just a bonus. Now non of us had seen this thing before so we didn't know that strategy (it electrocutes the floor around it) So our Jedi Guardian and Sentinal both go down pretty quick and it's just me and the Sage. The two of us bounced that guy back and forth between us while we kept each other alive with our meager heals and thats when I used...my shotgun. I had never had a chance to use it until now (what with not really fighting up close).

The moment that animation played and I pulled out my shotgun and blasted that droid for bookoo damage I was soled. This was going to be my class and I was going to be a scoundrel. BTW that Sage and I eventually killed that boss and we revived our mates and finished the Flashpoint. I stopped playing smuggler during beta shortly after that because I didn't want to spoil anymore of the story when I cam back to it later.

So that is why I'm a smuggler/scoundrel/healer.
Back to top Go down
Ekeli
Colt
Colt
Ekeli

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:20 pm

How to: Play the Scoundrel.
By: Ekeli

Don't ever learn stealth. Stealth is for pussies.

Against multiple weak enemies: Run in throw a grenade at one punch that one in the face, then blaster volley the lot to death.

Against strong enemies: Use you dot, then backblast/pistol whip when you can. Blaster volley can help.

Against multiple strong enemies: Run away.

I'll eventually get to a healing guide.
Back to top Go down
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 7:14 am

That is a great story, Malcore.

How practical is a stealthles Scoundrel? The class sounded interesting, but the idea of stealthing around didn't feel smugglery enough to me, so I went with gunslinger instead. Rerolling is not out of the question, though.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Chewbacabra wrote:
That is a great story, Malcore.

How practical is a stealthles Scoundrel? The class sounded interesting, but the idea of stealthing around didn't feel smugglery enough to me, so I went with gunslinger instead. Rerolling is not out of the question, though.
The stealth is pretty crucial in PvE if you are going DPS instead of healer. A few of their abilities require you to be in stealth to use, and their most powerful attacks are ambushes that only work facing the target's back. I'm not too sure how well they would work in PvP though.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Bluemaroon
Filly
Filly
Bluemaroon

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:56 pm

PvP as a Scoundrel is super fun. The first time I saw a 5.1k damage ambush I lost it.
Back to top Go down
Ekeli
Colt
Colt
Ekeli

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:28 pm

But ambush is a sniper skill...
Back to top Go down
Malcore
Filly
Filly

PostSubject: PVP Scoundrel   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:23 am

yeah...as a healer PVP and damage is not my thing. I can hold my own but the middle skill tree has skills that could make Scoundrels the most annoying killers in an open world PVP setting (same with operative agents I suppose). Like the pony above me said a 7.1k crit from shoot first (our from stealth backstab) is pretty darn impressive.

Going stealth is still handy. I can avoid stuff I don't want to deal with. My out of combat CC has a debuff for 10 sec. when it wears off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose Smuggler?   Why did you choose Smuggler? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did you choose Smuggler?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top