View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: So close!   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:24 am

It was finally ready to launch!

But no active subscription!

Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 At_first_but_then_jpg_9026

(sigh)

Well, of the shit that has happened to me, this was definitely one of the least shittiest. Unless if someone wants to donate a time code, I have to wait 3 more days for F2P to launch, and then I can get back to punching Sith.

Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: And then my computer stopped working again.   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:09 am

Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 Tumblr_mbqje6dsOw1ry7s56

You know what, I'm just downloading it on my laptop. With luck, you'll be hearing from me in the game, as soon as I can figure out which indiscernible pixel you are.
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:47 pm

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!

Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 Capture2

Patching didn't work. It stuck on one corrupt file, and tried to download the entire game again. So, I thought I'd be clever and restore the corrupt source file.

Didn't work, so I tried just circumventing the whole patch thing by re-installing the whole thing. That didn't work either. Once it got to installing the main assets, the progress staled at 52% on the fourth try. Two calls to customer support later, and I'm still no farther.

Quite frankly, this sucks. Coupled with the SimCity 5 launch screwup and the fact that I can't afford all the DLCs for Mass Effect and Dead Space 3, this is the worst gaming week I've had in a long time.

I think I need a hug...
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 Mlfw8813-hugs
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Did you try posting in the Customer Service forum ? other than the CS,players who pass by may know how to fix it.
(Preferred Status may still be able to post on the forum)
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Well, after the 6th call to Customer Support ended in the higher-level support dropping me for "technical problems" (which is code for "We hate Poptard and do not wish to see him having fun play our game), I decided to pop into the forums so other players could feel my plight.

However, it turns out that they really do hate me, because " [ I ] do not have permission to access [topic creation]." Turns out, someone who was at the game for launch and spent around $100 on this game is a dirty f2per because he hasn't shelled out a subscription payment recently, and preferred players aren't allowed to go on the forums and ask for help, despite what the phone error message told me to.

At this point, I'm just going to cross my fingers and re-download the entire game until something works.

Last edited by MajorPoptard on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:41 pm

And 15 seconds after my last post, I blue screened.

If you guys are looking for me, I'll be in my happy place.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Re-downloading the game will probably work.
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Well, re-downloading the game didn't work the first two times. When it got to "installing main assets," the downloaded kept stalling. At most it got to 58%. And then there was the other resources left...

Well, I'll try again. 3rd times the charm!
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Okay, my computer and SWTOR apparently had a huge spat. SWTOR's data banks tracked mud all over my comp's clean carpet, my Comp keeps taking cookies from SWTOR jar when he's not looking, SWTOR left the cd seat up (again)... So, SWTOR refuses to move in with my computer, and my comp blue-screens the flip out when SWTOR makes any headway installing himself. 'Tis a sad day.

So, my desktop won't allow me my SWTOR fix. However, I also have a laptop that can play the game reasonably well. The only problem is that the thing is a few hundred miles away being replaced, because it forgot the "turn on" move in order to learn "remove junk data." Hopefully, when it comes back all squeaky and new in 2-3 weeks, I'll be able to install it and join you guys again.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shit happens to MajorPoptard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top