View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

Shit happens to MajorPoptard Empty
PostSubject: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:53 am

Yesterday was perfect.

My computer was having some problems recently, but after careful application of my father to my machine, the two fans that refused to work were fixed, and I was able to play Team Fortress 2 for an hours without my Computer attempting suicide.

Then I pre-ordered the game, after much pleading for them to invest around $100 for my Star Wars enjoyment. I started download, and though it lasted into the wee hours of the morning, I drank enough red bulls to keep me awake.

But I knew it was not to be, and so retired for the night. As I woke, only the laws of physics kept me from soaring over to my computer. I nearly exploded with glee as I watched again the Old Jedi Master stave off the two Sith Warriors.

Ready. Didn't. Flippin'. DESCRIBE IT!

Shit happens to MajorPoptard 132148873087

And as I was debating the merits between a standard and cybernetic human, disaster struck.

Blue Screen.
Shit happens to MajorPoptard Tumblr_ls4v5bXurZ1r1rvcno1_400

I stared in shock, then tried again. This time, I got to how to best name my Trooper before it froze. Not to be deterred, I tried again, this time only reaching the sign-on screen before my computer tanked.

I cracked open my computer's casing, and saw that the same problem I though fixed yesterday had left it's mark. The RAM drive is more akin to digital omelette than anything functional. It's going to cost a lot more to repair and replace, and I'll have to wait another day before the fun can begin.

Why, God, why?
Back to top Go down
Wilowah
Colt
Colt
Wilowah

Location : Virginia, United States, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:02 am

There there. Us ponies will still be here waiting for you with open arms. :3

And trust me, you're not the only one with some PC hardware issues!
Back to top Go down
http://wilowah.tumblr.com/
Aulle
Filly
Filly
Aulle

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:33 pm

ahh you poor thing. have no fear im sure that everything will be just fine
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:15 pm

I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me back when I first got TF2 for the PC. Those were dark days.
Shit happens to MajorPoptard 92MQQ
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Yeah. Something similar, yet more infuriating happened to me.

I got into Early Access on Wednesday. Epic. Things were fine until the server shutdown on Thursday night/Friday morning. Then my internet wasn't working. Hmm. Curious...

I tried everything in my power over the next 4 days to get it to work. I bought a new router, tried reinstalling drivers, ect. My wireless card was picking up the network, but I couldn't connect to the interwebs.

So I reinstalled Windows 7. That was last night. Now, i'm trying to get my machine up to a functional point so that I can play for a little bit before launch tonight. I should be good at this point and just have to reinstall a bunch of programs.

VERY annoying.

~D
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:28 pm

We are here for ya!
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Now I just feel silly.

In frustration of my utter lap of Imperial Stomping, I turned my computer on for the hell of it. I made sure to adjust my settings for minimum heat production, and was able to get nearly 8 hours in. I believe several members saw me online with my current name, sans the differentiating capitalized p.

But now I'm even more frustrated. My drive isn't reliably functional, or even reliably disfunctional. It's unreliably functional, so now I need to plead to the gods of luck to have it not short out during an important raid. I shall surely sleep safely knowing my level 10 Republic Trooper may wink out of existence at any moment.

Just... food for thought, you know.
Back to top Go down
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Take comfort in knowing that your Republic Trooper is in a safe and happy place. You just may not be able to visit that place for a while.

I suppose it's not that comforting. ^^;
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Here we go again   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 7:04 pm

After much tears and spent cash, I was back in action again. I moved up about 5 levels, and even got a proper helmet for my trooper. Nothing could go wrong now.

I was wrong.

During a perfectly normal flashpoint on Athiss, during our groups process of laying the smack down on a Sith prophet, disaster struck.

Shit happens to MajorPoptard 132148681795

My monitor blew out.

No amount of computer cleaner, tears, or pleadings to a trollific god could save my HDTV monitor, which had served faithfully for 4 years. Now, I am without a KOTOR-playing device, and anything else. Hopefully, I'll find someone to give me their monitor.

But nothing can be done now to correct my SWTOR withdrawal.
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:22 pm

Sad

Wow, I'm so sorry.

Hopefully it will all be fixed soon.

Back to top Go down
Dr Nicoltas Rush
Pony
Pony
Dr Nicoltas Rush

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:31 am

Ouch. A dead monitor sucks enough already, but right in the middle of a boss fight?

I ran Athis with you yesterday and I remember it glitched out for the other guy and didn't complete. I assume this was the run to correct that; sorry if I missed it. That flashpoint must be cursed.

Anyway, you should be able to get a cheap TN-panel replacement for like 70 bucks, but I'm sure what you had was much better than that. A good monitor goes a long way. Hopefully things get sorted soon.
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Back in business baby!   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 8:24 pm

So, after a long day of adventuring in Skyrim, my dad went and bought me a nice, better HD Monitor, which I'm using to post now. Thanks dad!

My new computer screen is 20% larger, and doesn't have occasional lines that pop up. Now I need to milk it for all it's worth.

However, since there's a god that loves pulling my chain, be prepared to notify the fire department if I should suddenly drop out of a raid tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Dear God No

My new $250 monitor broke. I just left it running while cleaining my room, and when I looked back nothing would turn it back on. Turns out HDTVs can't withstand a minor power surge. At least I kept the receipt.

Hey Fluttershy, would it be too much for you to rename this thread to "Shit happens to MajorPoptard"?
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:50 am

There you go, renamed. You could have done it yourself you know. Muffins!?!
That sucks man, I hope your luck turns around soon.
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 am

I could rename it? Well, the more you know.

Turns out to not have been as bad as i thought. Businesses don't stay in business for long if they have a reputation for handing out shoddy merchandise, so I got a replacement after two trips (they take the lack of the incruded screws seriously!). It was a lot less of a hastle than I thought replacing a $250 item would be.

On the plus side, I finally got a matching armor set. Now I don't look like a scavenging bum!
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:37 pm

So, after 8 months, I'm finally getting my computer back. Fixed.

This calls for a raid party!
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:55 pm

MajorPoptard wrote:

*uses newly acquired Party Bomb*
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:26 pm

*deploys rhythm augmentation droid*
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:22 pm

*hands out death sticks*
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:38 pm

MajorPoptard wrote:

...Too soon?
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Good News Everyone   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 6:42 pm

I am weeping in joy right now! My computer has been returned from comp USA, and I was able to start it. I learned about 20 seconds in that they didn't fix it, nay, they IMPROVED IT!

For months, I would sit and in vain, stare at a blank screen and pray to the Machine God for my computer to work. It got very tedious very quickly. The Comp USA guys understood this fact.

So, for a mere $500, they replaced a whole lotta stuff to ensure that instead of praying for salvation on a frozen black screen, they would allow me to pray for salvation on a colorful windows start-up screen. As I sit there and not enjoy playing SWTOR again, I shed a tear knowing that the Comp USA guys are always there to help me with my technical needs.

</bullshit>
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 6:51 pm

MajorPoptard wrote:
I am weeping in joy right now! My computer has been returned from comp USA, and I was able to start it. I learned about 20 seconds in that they didn't fix it, nay, they IMPROVED IT!

For months, I would sit and in vain, stare at a blank screen and pray to the Machine God for my computer to work. It got very tedious very quickly. The Comp USA guys understood this fact.

So, for a mere $500, they replaced a whole lotta stuff to ensure that instead of praying for salvation on a frozen black screen, they would allow me to pray for salvation on a colorful windows start-up screen. As I sit there and not enjoy playing SWTOR again, I shed a tear knowing that the Comp USA guys are always there to help me with my technical needs.

</bullshit>
The story of Poptard right here:
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
MajorPoptard wrote:

</bullshit>
The story of Poptard right here:

That is 115% percent accurate.
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Celestia smiles upon me!   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 8:50 pm

I dunno what happened, but my computer is working again. All I know is that my dad came in and did a thing and another thing to my computer, and did something else so it started differently, and said some things in an ancient language. But I don't care what he did, all I know is that for now, it works.

I've already installed SWTOR on my computer, and I am trying to log in now. With luck, you guys will see me first in-game. I've got my fingers crossed, but I still worry the computer might explode or something.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 am

Welcome back,glad to hear your comp is all fixed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shit happens to MajorPoptard   Shit happens to MajorPoptard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shit happens to MajorPoptard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top