The Heart Of The Force

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

The Heart Of The Force Empty
PostSubject: The Heart Of The Force   The Heart Of The Force I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:39 am

The crystal is the heart of the blade.
The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
The Force is the blade of the heart.
All are intertwined.
The crystal, the blade, the Jedi.
We are one.

Words spoken by Master Luminara Unduli to her student, Barriss Offee while the later was retrieving a new lightsaber crystal from the caverns of Ilum.

The Jedi Knight is generally how people view our Order. Beings that can use the Force and a lightsaber to bring peace across the galaxy. While this is true in one respect, there is another side to the Jedi Order: the Jedi Consular.

We have dedicated our lives to trying to understand the ways of the Force and to see how it connects all things in the galaxy in a harmonious unity.

A wise Jedi Master once said "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

I believe that this is the key difference between the Knight and the Consular. The need for the Jedi Knight cannot be denied. They are skilled fighters who utilize the Force as they are fighting for whatever cause the Force led them to champion. Notice I used the word "utilize". To the Knight, the Force is a way to have an edge in combat and to help them in difficult situations. We, as Consulars, see the Force as something that we are only partially aware of.

The Force is much larger than any one being can comprehend. The job of the Consular is to become one with the Force and to embrace it in the largest scale possible. It's more than just a tool. It's a way of life, it is an essence that has some form of cognizant reason. It makes things happen to suit it's will. Coincidence doesn't exist: only the will of the Force. It strives for balance in all things and should be an example for each and every living being in the galaxy, even those that are not Force sensitive.

I'm curious to hear the thoughts of my other Consular brethren out there.

May the Force Be With You.

~D
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: The Heart Of The Force   The Heart Of The Force I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 pm

Heck yes! Our OP was 20% more epic then all the other classes around here. Go Jedi Consulars, woot woot!

I'm playing Jedi Consular because I feel that the story will best fit my personality providing me with a deeper integration with the game. Supporting my teammates is my number one goal in the game. Healing and buffing in combat, or just providing some advice and knowledge around the galaxy. I'm not too keen on utilizing the saber, I was never into melee combat, so the accented use of Force for Consulars makes me very excited to play as them. Resolving conflicts with words rather than violence is far more entertaining for me. It's just not a "who has the bigger sword" contest but who has the sharper wit.

The roll of the Jedi Consular are for Star Wars fans that enjoyed the characters of Obi-Wan and Yoda. Being respected for wisdom is far superior than brute strength. It tends to be quite a bit more versatile as well.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: The Heart Of The Force   The Heart Of The Force I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:18 pm

I found this great article about Jedi Shadows today. It's a pretty interesting read as is the authors two part article on the history of the lightsaber.

Jedi Shadows

~D
Back to top Go down
Luna
Pony
Pony
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Heart Of The Force   The Heart Of The Force I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

Ages ago, words such as these changed the world. No matter how strong blades and bombs became, people lived and died, and those words still stand. Such is The Pen.

The Force is both an ally and an authority. It has its own way to act, react and behave. Eternal, everywhere, it follows us through hard times as well as happier ones. Don't think that someone not receiving a jedi education, or a person failing our entry tests, means that the Force isn't there. Every living being possess it. That You can feel it flowing into your veins only means that the Force will need things that way someday. By preparing for that moment, you are helping both yourself and the Force, and thus the world.

Being prepared means knowing yourself. Do that first, then you will understand the Force within you and then the world. Your blade is part of you, but both a weapon and a weakness. Too easily young and brave knights cut down a problem only to find two smaller ones to deal with, when a simple touch would have solved everything to begin with. Meditate. Find within yourself this light that guided you here, and observe its thousand reflections through the crystal of your soul, much like your saber force is reflected in thousand shades through its own crystal.
Because that light exists, shadows does too. The stronger a lamp is, the bigger and darker shadows are projected with it. Those shadows are within you, me as well. Those are the proof of balance within each of us. So let's dim those for a bit, and leave blazing glory and dashing acts to the knights. Let us talk about mediation.

A consular is a doctor and a diplomat. A seer and a scribe. A teacher and theorist. Unique blend of social and mental abilities, they are the ones sent by the council when subtlety is needed. They are also the ones able to unlock the secrets of the Force in the others, and record sensations and impressions. How would You explain the color red to a blind person ? Who would the Force favor with heal, or harm ? How can one advise two opposing factions while staying neutral ?

Some say consulars are the least interesting persons, because they become nothing more than tools of the Force, deprived of free will, only to be used by shrewd masters or ending up blinded by their own faith, forsaking their plead to help their brethren. Maybe. Maybe, if that is your way of speaking of opening one's heart and living for one's dream. That would be a mistake to consider a consular out of touch with reality. It is the exact opposite, in fact. Precisely because their understand their surroundings so much they have ethic troubles modifying it and breaking its unstable balance. But behind the eyes of a sage you will find a kind soul in an iron mind. Whether you meet the hand holding the pen or the one clutching the saber is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: The Heart Of The Force   The Heart Of The Force I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:52 am

As the time for the defense of our Republic draws nigh, I am again finding myself in this thread rereading the words that have come before.

I am Celestia's Hoof and do the work of the Council that others would balk at. Yet, I am also a friend and ally to those who I trust and respect. There is no delicate line to walk. Light and Dark are not two distinct aspects that suddenly stop when the other begins. They eventually blend together and form the Grey. This is an enormous area where you never know who you will encounter or what you will find. As you look to either side of the grey, it gets darker or lighter. There is nothing making you flock to either side, nor keeping you in the middle. I am of the mindset that as long as my actions help the greatest number of beings, then I have done the right thing. This is a similar line of thought to those who follow The Potentium.

The Potentium states that the Force is in and of itself, good. The Dark Side and evil beings are just perversions of that inherent goodness. This being said, any actions with the Force can be considered good as the Force is (as stated before) good in and of itself.

Jolee Bindo is a great example of a Grey Jedi. He is in that Grey area between the light and dark. He grew tired of the galaxy and walked his own path. It has been said that Qui-Gon Jinn was borderline Grey as well.

My fellow Consulars, it is our duty to preserve the sanctity of the Force and to learn as much about it as we can. Our connection is greater than that of our brethren, the Knights yet we both have pivotal roles to play in the forthcoming struggle with the Empire.

Stay strong, be good to each other and above all else, trust in the Force.

~D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Heart Of The Force   The Heart Of The Force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Heart Of The Force

View previous topic View next topic Back to top