Share | 

Genesys' Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genesys
Filly
Filly

Genesys' Music Empty
PostSubject: Genesys' Music   Genesys' Music I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:44 am

I just noticed this section. I compose and produce music. Lemme know whatcha think!

Matt's Music
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

Genesys' Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesys' Music   Genesys' Music I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:32 am

Untitled 10-19: I rather love this one ^^

Listened to a few others as well and must say I enjoy em quite a bit.
I'll listen to the others when I get back.

Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Genesys' Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesys' Music   Genesys' Music I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:47 pm

You have some pretty nice tracks there sir! I listened to all of them and they are pretty good vibe music. I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism. Yay~!

The one that stood out to me the most was CadyKickAss. It was one of those songs I was like "Wait, what is this one called because it is badass!" The vocal track in it was a nice touch, really made it like it had more bite. Don't use too many vocal tracks in the future though! I don't mind one now and then, they can be a nice touch, but too many and I feel like the musicality of the mix is lost. The other thing is that I can't really tell what mood you really wanted the track to set. The yelling made me think more hostile and energized, but the beginning half made me think more of an adventurous kind of style. It is hard to explain, so I apologize for any confusion I may cause. silent

I'm Walking Away was also a great one. The piano in the middle was a wonderful touch. This track showed a healthy amount of variation after the first half, but I feel like it may have taken too long to get there. I felt like the melody went on forever. Some of your other mixes could follow this ones example with the instrumental variation. One thing though is that the dynamics feel pretty "meh." The change between the strong flowing part and subtle build-up isn't very strong. I'm not saying to make the listener's ears bleed, but turning down the volume on the bass and bringing out the piano would highlight your main idea better.

Generally, I liked a lot of your tracks, but didn't have to many "holy crap that was great," moments. I think if you were to focus on a few more variations in each mix you'll have greater success. The build ups on the melody are all there but I feel like you don't take them far enough. Having greater contrasts between the soft and loud parts, tempo change ups, and a few augmented rhythms could really spice up some of the livelier tracks. Fading out at the end is cool but there are other ways to end a song. Even on the smoother songs you can still end with a sustained note, clipped ending, or even a crescendo to diversify the musicality of your set list. The tempo from track to track also felt nearly identical. Don't be afraid to speed up or slow down some of them, or even have tempo changes during the song to really bring out some of your ideas.

The style on some of your stuff reminds me of an electronic-based version of Buckethead. I feel like you are trying to produce some compelling music to tell a story, but just not hitting the nail on the head. Try listening to some Shadows Between the Sky, it is a perfect example of bringing out other parts and keeping the track interesting even if it may be a bit slower.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Genesys
Filly
Filly

Genesys' Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesys' Music   Genesys' Music I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Cadykickass was an intro song for my friend Cady who is an MMA fighter. That was her song when she walked into the ring. I do sincerely appreciate the criticism Fluttershy =D. As far as some of them being meh, I'm lacking a vocal artist to add that extra flair and unique transitional aspect that only a human voice can deliver. That is why some of them are a little blase. If you know a singer, send her my way hehehe. Thanks for listening though! Means a lot when someone takes time out of their day to offer up thoughts.

crazyBE wrote:
Untitled 10-19: I rather love this one ^^

Listened to a few others as well and must say I enjoy em quite a bit.
I'll listen to the others when I get back.

Thanks CrazyBE =)

EDIT: Why you make me cry with all these double posts?
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Genesys' Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesys' Music   Genesys' Music I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Glad I could help! I don't like critiquing other's work but I feel it's the only way to really prove to another you truly listened/read what they did. You do have a lot of potential and I would really enjoy hearing some of your stuff in the future. One of the coolest things is listening to an artist develop their style!
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Sponsored content

Genesys' Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesys' Music   Genesys' Music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genesys' Music

View previous topic View next topic Back to top