SWTOR forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

SWTOR forums Empty
PostSubject: SWTOR forums   SWTOR forums I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Hello everyone!

I've been closely following the TOR forums ever since pre-orders have been in circulation. I started out looking through the class forums for information and conversation on Smugglers. Once I had read everything recent and looked over all the opinions I could, I branched out the their General Discussion forums. Every other thread in that discussion forum is either trolls or people whining about the game. Complaint after complaint.

I firmly believe SWTOR will be a fantastic game that I'll love for many years, and I know a lot of other feel that way. So here's my question to you all, do you feel the same I do for this game are you highly speculating upon the success and and fun involved? Arguments do nothing but divide the community in my opinion. So please, Bronies, Let me know your opinions : D

Last edited by Desert Bear on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

SWTOR forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWTOR forums   SWTOR forums I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm sure I am going to love the game as long as this has taken to make I'm sure the game will be epic at least for awhile I mean I played WoW for several years and kept comming back to it because it was fun and I didn't even read the quests or care much for the lore though I picked most of it up from playing the RTS warcrafts nor did I play with any friends I just jumped in a guild did whatever I needed to do to see end game content and it kept me entertained but when I go into SWTOR I'm really interested in the story im defenitly going to spend up my 8 char slots fast Muffins!?! but more importiantly we'll have a guild right off the bat we've been getting to know each other over the months a bit so unlike when I joined a guild in WoW where I didn't know anyone well be able to jump right in and have a good time.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

SWTOR forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWTOR forums   SWTOR forums I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:09 pm

I personally have really high hopes for this game. I might be setting myself up for disappointment, but I doubt it. When I look at the criticisms about the game, everyone complains about something different. This makes me think that they are just being neighsayers, because if the game was truly flawed, they would all be able to agree on what the flaws are. The most common complaint I've heard is that they don't do enough to change the established MMO formula. I've heard the phrase "WOW with lightsabers" thrown around a lot. But even if all they did was take WOW's gameplay and added Bioware's amazing storytelling, that would be more than enough to satisfy me.

But the number one reason why I know I'm going to love this game is this guild. It's friends that keep games like this enjoyable when they would otherwise descend into unbearable monotony. I already like you guys a lot more than any guild or clan I've ever been in, and we haven't even played the game together yet! Will the game live up to my expectations? Perhaps not, but you guys certainly have.
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

SWTOR forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWTOR forums   SWTOR forums I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:26 pm

I can't really say as far my hopes are concerned that I might be setting myself up for disappointment. I've seen so much content on the gameplay that I really don't think I wont love it. I was very entertained just watching, so playing will be even greater. I loved the stories in both KOTORS and both Mass Effects. I really love the work bioware does in their story-telling. I can't imagine them going wrong with this. Is their systems in place I think could use either something different or be scraped entirely? Of course! I found things in Kotor and ME that I didn't like. That didn't make them any less amazing to me.

I myself can't compare the game to WoW. I've never played it longer than an hour and I didn't give it a real chance. The most frequent complaint I've seen is "Why the game I play is so much better than SWTOR". All comparison threads. Makes as much sense to me as trolling up disneylands forums about why I think Knotts Berry Farm pwns them ( For example).

SWTOR appealed to me in both basic concepts. It's an MMO and it's Star Wars; I love both. I agree that friends keeps the game enjoyable and why I've always come back to an MMO in the end. I don't believe anyone would honestly play an MMO if there was nobody else around, not even SWTOR. Even though I haven't been with you guys for more than few days, I already feel like I couldn't have made a better choice.
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

SWTOR forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWTOR forums   SWTOR forums I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:39 pm

The game itself is going along great and it is in a setting that I love, so no problems there.

I'm looking forward to playing with everypony in the guild and getting to know everypony. I was nervous at first, but it didn't take long for me to feel relaxed here. This guild is the best choice I could have made. Yay~!
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

SWTOR forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWTOR forums   SWTOR forums I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Well, I could probably write an essay about this, but I'll spare you all the reading material!

I know I will love this game and play it for a VERY long time. Two things I grew up with was video games and Star Wars. I saw A New Hope when I was two, and beat my first video game (Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega) when I was two years-old as well. Some of my favorite games as a kid were Shadow of the Empire and Rouge Squadron. I have had four different accounts on Star Wars Galaxies between the ages of twelve and sixteen, and the stories Bioware has created with previous titles have enticed me for hundreds of hours. Not only am I going into TOR already guilded, but with a bunch of fellow members who I have grown to know over the past few months and consider good friends.

With the community, game mechanics, and my love the Star Wars universe I can see myself playing this game for as long as I can afford it.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

SWTOR forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWTOR forums   SWTOR forums I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:14 pm

There are two factors that are going to make this game great:

1)Bioware. Ever since KOTOR they have just gotten better. Jade Empire's story was boring (to me), but they improved on the mechanics that they came up with for KOTOR. I haven't played the Mass Effect series, but everyone assures me that it's just effing epic and has kept up that high standard of game play that KOTOR had.

2)The Star Wars Universe without George Lucas at the helm. Sorry Georgie boy, but you've lost the touch when it comes to your own creation. What made Empire and Jedi so great is that he didn't direct them. Not to say that A New Hope is bad, because it's not. It was a unique bird in it's own right. The prequels were bad because Lucas wrote AND directed them. There were other contributing factors, but that was a huge one.

KOTOR proved that Star Wars can be even more epic than we previously thought. I will probably go to the grave saying KOTOR is the best Star Wars game ever made. Even TOR won't compare, but that's mostly because it won't end. KOTOR is a compelling, epic story that has clearly defined start and end points and the in between is just amazing. TOR is going to have a LOT of amazing, but there's not going to be a real end. Killing Darth Malgus? Then what? Another new expansion and Malgus will be on farm in a month. It's the biggest downfall of MMOs. I'm not saying the new stuff won't be epic, because it more than likely will be. I have complete faith in Bioware. TOR is going to be the only game that has a hope of killing WoW, and even then I don't think it will succeed. It will cripple it after a while. I have no doubt. Many people will do both and ultimately have to choose which one they want to put the effort into. Maybe they'll choose right, maybe they won't. Time will tell.

~D
Back to top Go down
TheTrueTrooper
Filly
Filly

SWTOR forums Empty
PostSubject: SWTOR What Makes It Great   SWTOR forums I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:34 pm

So now that the game is out what do you guys think? Personally i think here are the 3 main reasons the game is great.

1) The game has a great quest setup. It might not be for everyone but bioware has by far the best lore out there. It reminds me when i first started playing knights of the old republic, which is by far one of my all time favorite games out there. It was so well done that the game is now amazing.
2) The game is nearly unhackable. I dont know if anyone actually is into programming or anything but i took a look at their anti detection. Its like warden on crack. This means that you wont really have tons of speed hacks and other hacks in the game that ruins things. While their might be some simple SWTOR Bots TERA Bots out there you wont have any site doing major swtor bots. I even looked around online and couldnot find a single site that has any sort of true bot, im against bots so this is a big plus.
3) The game is all the great things of wow with none of the downsides. I know swtor is like wow, but wow went far to carebear, which i believe is killing it. WOW alienated the core players to try and gain new fresh casual gamers. This is killing wow, and SWTOR is having none of that. The quests seem far more mature and you should enjoy that.
4) SWTOR Cheats / TERA Cheats are easily fixed. We all know there are some sites out there that promote SWTOR cheats, well they are fixing them quickly. In games like wow when i shared a bug i found, it took a few weeks for it to be fixed which i think hurt the game alot. With SWTOR i posted a bug i found and they fixed it in 24 hours which is awesome. That makes the game so much better.

PS - This sites name cracks me up i love it.
PSS - Can you change the part that says on to login took me awhile to find it ha, which means others potential members are having the same problems lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.taultunleashed.com/swtor/
Sponsored content

SWTOR forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWTOR forums   SWTOR forums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWTOR forums

View previous topic View next topic Back to top