View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:12 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
They want to select guilds that aren't only going to play the game, but will try out all of its features in large numbers utilizing coordinated guild events. There is a portion where they are hand picking it, so I think if we get our foot in the door with the random selection we have a great chance of getting it.
Well, we are fairly active guild, but not on swtor.com. I hope if we do get randomly selected that they come here to our official forums before they judge us.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:25 pm

BlastingGravy wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
They want to select guilds that aren't only going to play the game, but will try out all of its features in large numbers utilizing coordinated guild events. There is a portion where they are hand picking it, so I think if we get our foot in the door with the random selection we have a great chance of getting it.
Well, we are fairly active guild, but not on swtor.com. I hope if we do get randomly selected that they come here to our official forums before they judge us.
I'm pretty active on the forums, and I'm sure they realize that the most active guilds don't utilize too much of the SWTOR page because of the limitations it has. They mostly base their judgement off of recruitment threads and informational posts, hence them recommending that guilds have a recruitment topic.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Amorphic wrote:
We are the 52nd biggest republic guild. That atleast gives us a descent chance of getting invites.

Whether it affects our chances are not, I'm kinda astonished we're that high.
Back to top Go down
DeevFactor
Pony
Pony
DeevFactor

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:11 pm

It's probably because of the reputation of being the goto guild for bronies. Razz There's still a matter of having the guilds being placed into servers, so no one really knows how many servers there are going to be. Chances are, we'll at least be one of the largest guilds in a server once the game launches.

Then again, I don't know detailed stats on how guild numbers are like on an average MMORPG server.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 pm

We are about the same size as the guilds I was in in WoW and Rift, which is pretty decent, but not huge. We may be the largest on the server as launch, but I doubt we will be for long: There are some guilds that will recruit constantly and accept everyone. These won't do much before the game comes out.

I like this style guild better though, since you become friends with your guildies instead of just acquaintances, plus those guilds tend to have high churn and a good amount of drama
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
DeevFactor
Pony
Pony
DeevFactor

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 am

It's been mentioned that a guild invited for beta has already been blacklisted. Based on the comments in the Reddit post, guilds can't state that they're in beta. Just something that we have to keep in mind. Razz

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/jlfag/first_guild_already_blacklisted/
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 am

DeevFactor wrote:
It's been mentioned that a guild invited for beta has already been blacklisted. Based on the comments in the Reddit post, guilds can't state that they're in beta. Just something that we have to keep in mind. Razz

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/jlfag/first_guild_already_blacklisted/
Very good point. We need to make sure that if this does happen, we keep all discussion in the private guild quarters.
Back to top Go down
gingerale
Filly
Filly
gingerale

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:20 am

Yeah, currently we're the size that would easily get raid groups together weekly and still have a second group for helping the new people to gather gear in the normal difficulty raids. In the end game, that is. <3
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:59 pm

David Bass puts a lot of info on his Twitter. Make sure to check it out for updates. http://twitter.com/#!/doctordake
David Bass wrote:
Just saw some Phase 2 AND Phase 3 stuff for Guilds. So it's definitely coming! Smile

Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Colt
Colt
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:42 am

Fluttershy wrote:
David Bass puts a lot of info on his Twitter. Make sure to check it out for updates. http://twitter.com/#!/doctordake
David Bass wrote:
Just saw some Phase 2 AND Phase 3 stuff for Guilds. So it's definitely coming! Smile

Banned Beta Poster

^ That is someone that got banned, it seems he streamed the beta for a few people, and now he's begging to get it back.
Back to top Go down
BronyQuest
Colt
Colt
BronyQuest

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Twilight Sparkle wrote:

^ That is someone that got banned, it seems he streamed the beta for a few people, and now he's begging to get it back.

NDA's gonna NDA. It's his own fault for not abiding to it.

Also, here's hoping at least some of the guild gets into beta!

PS: Hey Deev, nice to see a familiar face around here!
Back to top Go down
http://bronyquest.deviantart.com
DeevFactor
Pony
Pony
DeevFactor

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Twilight Sparkle wrote:
Banned Beta Poster

That dude should have known better and he pretty much blew his one chance. Now he has to wait for the game just like everyone else. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Amorphic wrote:
We are the 52nd biggest republic guild. That atleast gives us a descent chance of getting invites.

By the way, where did you find that "52nd biggest republic guild" stat?
I love random statistics like that and want to watch it
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:37 pm

As far as I know the only place to get those stats is at swtorprogress. But there you have to count to our position I think. unless there's a way I don't know about. :3
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Filtering just the Republic, we're 44th on that list. Smile We're awesome! Very Happy

Yay~!

~D
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Counting's fine. We've moved up to 44. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Yeah, I count up the stats every once and awhile using that site. It becomes quickly out-dated though with all the bronies flooding into the guild.
Back to top Go down
DeevFactor
Pony
Pony
DeevFactor

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:15 am

Personally, I find it better to check the official site. The swtorprogress site has a way of being somewhat out of date at some spots. Razz

Here's what I'm looking at on the official site in terms of guild stats:

- 4th largest Republic/PvE/USWest guild
- 8th largest PvE/USWest guild
- 9th largest Republic/USWest guild
- 23rd largest USWest guild
- 16th largest Republic/PvE/NA guild
- 34st largest PvE/NA guild
- 35th largest Republic/NA guild
- 80th largest guild in North America

As you can see, I went into a lot of detail not only comparing the West Coast guilds, but the ones across North America.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:51 am

DeevFactor wrote:
Personally, I find it better to check the official site. The swtorprogress site has a way of being somewhat out of date at some spots. Razz

Here's what I'm looking at on the official site in terms of guild stats:

- 4th largest Republic/PvE/USWest guild
- 8th largest PvE/USWest guild
- 9th largest Republic/USWest guild
- 23rd largest USWest guild
- 16th largest Republic/PvE/NA guild
- 34st largest PvE/NA guild
- 35th largest Republic/NA guild
- 80th largest guild in North America

As you can see, I went into a lot of detail not only comparing the West Coast guilds, but the ones across North America.

Brilliant! We're just fantastic, really. I hope that we just keep it going as the game comes closer. It might be a good idea to start coming up with recruitment ideas/strategies to have in place once launch day comes. Actually...should we just do our own thing for the first week or so? Or maybe a few days. Just in case there's some major crashes/overloads/etc.

Regardless, I am looking to be one of the top 5 guilds on our server and Top 3 of our faction. I don't think it'll take too much if we do it right. We need to have certain people who are just designated doing certain things and others who have to go out and explore as much of the galaxy as possible. I'm sure we'll have a few who might be server first for hitting level cap or doing something awesome or whatever. When Lich King came out, I had two guildies that were realm first for Druid and Rogue. We also had the realm first dwarf. It was pretty awesome. I think it would be a fine feather in our caps if we did something like that.

That's a lot of stuff that may or may not have had a place in this thread, but it's 4:50am and i'm going to bed now. SNAPE VANISH.

~D
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Well we're stacking up great against the other guilds, and Doombah has some certainly great goals for us all to work towards. I wish I had the time to become server first, but school beckons! If only this game came out back in July... I'm sure our stats will compete fairly well with the other guilds though, especially if all our members on the SWTOR site do transfer in at launch. Considering the amount of guilds and estimated community size, we will probably be one of the largest, if not largest, guilds on our server at launch. The largest guilds are destined for RP or PvP servers, and there are only 33 guilds larger than us in PvE, and only 7 in PvE/USWest, so odds are looking pretty good. Of course it isn't about numbers though, but all of our members seem to be pretty high quality. I'm not just talking about MMO experience either! We were all newbies are one point, but we learned and got better. SWTOR is a new MMO period, some of us may know the basic MMO stuff more than another, but it is still a new game. We all have a lot to learn making this a fairly level playing field. Going in with the most players in a guild just increases our chances of discovering new items and tactics before the rest, and our odds are looking pretty fine. If we do the math, our guild recruitment average is currently 8 (8.5 if you want to get technical) a week. That's pretty damn good compared to the majority of other guilds. We are actually one of the fastest expanding guilds in the community compared to the rest of the community.

Sorry for all the poor grammar lurking in there, but I'm too lazy to fix it. You get my point though.
Back to top Go down
DeevFactor
Pony
Pony
DeevFactor

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:52 pm

It's worth mentioning that there's a possibility of being placed in a different server type.

From the Guild FAQ wrote:
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that qualifying guilds are imported into a server that meets your specified preferences, but we cannot make any guarantees given the anticipated volume of guilds (among other factors).

And then there's the 2nd phase of the pre-game guild system which is Alignment, picking other guilds to be allies/adversaries. That's coming up soon from what I've heard. I can be sure that it'll get more complicated from here. Razz

Now as for goals, I think there's going to be a lot of people wanting to experience the game and its story, so I don't expect to see many people wanting to be the first to achieve something on a server right at the game launch. But then again, no one knows for sure until the launch.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm not so much worried about server firsts, but rather just our ranking. Being in the top 10 progression guilds in the server would make me one happy pony! Yay~!
Back to top Go down
Pinkie_Pie
Pony
Pony
Pinkie_Pie

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
I'm not so much worried about server firsts, but rather just our ranking. Being in the top 10 progression guilds in the server would make me one happy pony! Yay~!

If we're in the top 10 for progression guilds I'll make muffins and pies for everypony! Cupcaaakes~!
Back to top Go down
DeevFactor
Pony
Pony
DeevFactor

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Pinkie_Pie wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:

If we're in the top 10 for progression guilds I'll make muffins and pies for everypony! Cupcaaakes~!

Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:13 pm

I'd just love to be in progression.

When I joined my WoW guild, during ToC, the furthest they'd gotten was 1 kill on Kel'thuzad
We did eventually get to relevant content though, killing Arthas in the last week before Cata
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Beta Invites   Guild Beta Invites - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Beta Invites

View previous topic View next topic Back to top