View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Anyone in the Beta? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Anyone actually get into it? I'm sitting here waiting with a calculator in hand so I can start theorycrafting, but I can't look at the full class tree and stats yet. Confounded ponies...

Anyone in the Beta? Fluttershybeta
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

If I was in the beta, the non-disclosure agreement would prevent me from admitting that I was in the beta. In fact, I'd have to lie about it. Or so I assume, since I've not seen the non-disclosure agreement. Since I'm not in the beta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Chewbacabra wrote:
If I was in the beta, the non-disclosure agreement would prevent me from admitting that I was in the beta. In fact, I'd have to lie about it. Or so I assume, since I've not seen the non-disclosure agreement. Since I'm not in the beta.

Sure, I totally believe you....
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:45 pm

NDA's are weird. You can say you're in the beta, and that's about it. There was a post on the official forums asking if it's against the NDA if someone sees you playing it (short answer is yes, long answer is that it's really not possible to enforce that one and as long as things aren't being leaked, whatevs), so if that person can admit to being in it, I suppose it's ok.

Gabe from Penny Arcade has been in betas and said things like "I'm in the beta for X and all I can say is that it's awesome and it's totally going to be worth it" right on their site, so i'm guessing that it's fine to say you're in, but nothing beyond that.

BigRedKitty helped Beta Cataclysm and he was posting screenshots and videos all over the place. Of course, Ghostcrawler himself asked BRK to do it because BRK had retired from WoW prior to that but was still so respected in the community and knew how things should be.

~D
Back to top Go down
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Gabe had to get permission from Bioware to post what he did. I am have been in betas where you were not allowed to admit it until the beta got to a later state and some of the NDA was lifted.
Back to top Go down
londrieved
Filly
Filly
londrieved

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:55 am

Whereas stating one is in Beta is a bad idea, looking at leaked stuff is unlikely to have any negative repercussions.

With that being said...

*pushes over an envelope with This in it*

Also. Put the calculator away. Theorycrafting is UTTERLY pointless until release. When I was in Cata Beta, hardly any of the talent trees stayed the same. Hell, within a month of Cata being out, a lot of them were rearranged and changed.

Doombah wrote:
BigRedKitty helped Beta Cataclysm and he was posting screenshots and videos all over the place. Of course, Ghostcrawler himself asked BRK to do it because BRK had retired from WoW prior to that but was still so respected in the community and knew how things should be.

BRK didn't post anything until the NDA was lifted, which was for the entirety of the closed Beta [NDA only existed for the FnF Alpha.
Back to top Go down
Infernal_Dalek
Filly
Filly
Infernal_Dalek

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Quote :
*pushes over an envelope with This in it*

*opens it*
Anyone in the Beta? 13036111

I'M TOO LATE! MORE LETTERS?
Back to top Go down
trepin
Filly
Filly
trepin

PostSubject: round about way to answer sorry   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:32 pm

yes

Last edited by trepin on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Unless I misread, you are allowed to confirm that you are in the Beta, but that's all that is allowed.

For example: I'm in Beta. That is all.
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
BronyQuest
Colt
Colt
BronyQuest

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Rydel wrote:
Unless I misread, you are allowed to confirm that you are in the Beta, but that's all that is allowed.

For example: I'm in Beta. That is all.

Rydel is correct. You are allowed to state that you're in the beta, but NOTHING else.
Back to top Go down
http://bronyquest.deviantart.com
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 pm

I am not in the Beta. That is all.

~D
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 pm

I wish I was a beta.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
XYondaimeX
Filly
Filly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:24 pm

For the record, If you want any information from the beta, I can see what I can do. I know a few beta leak sites and can Copy pasta the info among other things.

@infernal_dalek, I looooved that game.
Anyone in the Beta? Rainbow_dash_awesome_face_by_wakabalasha-d3axhz1
Back to top Go down
Pinkie_Pie
Pony
Pony
Pinkie_Pie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:54 am

On advice of my cupcakes, I can neither confirm nor deny that I got into this upcoming weekend's beta.

If I was to be in said beta, I would be likely be focusing on a trooper (combat medic)/smuggler (sawbones) with the intent of putting the healing interface and mechanics through a rigorous testing. Also theoretically high on my list would be crew skills.
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:58 am

Pinkie_Pie wrote:
On advice of my cupcakes, I can neither confirm nor deny that I got into this upcoming weekend's beta.

Ditto.

If I was in this weekend's beta, I would create a bounty hunter. I would do this because I would not want to spoil the story line of the trooper until the game actually comes out. Also, it would get me slightly familiar with how to play a trooper without actually being one.

Yeah, I would go with a very polite bounty hunter. Supporting an orphanage with the money he earns from his marks. Something around those lines. Muffins!?!
Back to top Go down
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:17 pm

If I were in the beta, I would be trying out either a smuggler to get a feel for the cover mechanic, or Inquisitor to get a feel for the caster mechanics without spoiling consular plot details.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:20 pm

WarlordSparkle wrote:
If I were in the beta, I would be trying out either a smuggler to get a feel for the cover mechanic, or Inquisitor to get a feel for the caster mechanics without spoiling consular plot details.

Agreed. I plan on playing a Consular, so I wouldn't want to ruin the fun in the beta. Smile I'd probably play an Inquisitor as well. Here's hoping for the next Beta weekend!

~D
Back to top Go down
Braeburn
Pony
Pony
Braeburn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:30 am

Playing Beta for a few days, running around with a low level trooper. Tykin is his name...hopefully for the game I shall have Corvus.
Back to top Go down
Elandin
Filly
Filly
Elandin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm in the beta, I'm currently playing on the server "The Leviathan" but I'd be more than happy to re-roll on any other server if somepony would like to play together. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:34 am

Elandin wrote:
I'm in the beta, I'm currently playing on the server "The Leviathan" but I'd be more than happy to re-roll on any other server if somepony would like to play together. Smile

That sounds good. Smile

I am wondering though; I know that if you created a character in last weekends beta testing you get to keep the one you made for this upcoming one, do you get to keep the character for the release of the game? That would be SO awesome! if it happened.
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Colt
Colt
Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:03 am

Nope, they've stated that all servers will be wiped before release
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Nothing from Beta will be used in the full game, not even the game client.

And before you complain about redownloading that, it's a good thing. The Beta client uses a lot of resources for debuging and diagnostic functions.
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
Elandin
Filly
Filly
Elandin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Well, even though I'm 2 days late on this I learned that the NDA got lifted so I'm free! Free at last! I think I'll be posting SWTOR beta footage about every week or so now, if anypony is interested in the idea I'd be more than happy to provide links when I external hard drive hooked up again to save the recordings to it.

Either way this is gonna be SO awesome! !
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 am

Rydel wrote:
Nothing from Beta will be used in the full game, not even the game client.

And before you complain about redownloading that, it's a good thing. The Beta client uses a lot of resources for debuging and diagnostic functions.

Nah, I'm fine with redownloading. It is necessary. Smile

Twilight Sparkle wrote:
Nope, they've stated that all servers will be wiped before release

Well, shucks. Then I will create a bounty hunter again for this beta weekend. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
BronyQuest
Colt
Colt
BronyQuest

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:33 am

Gregam wrote:

Well, shucks. Then I will create a bounty hunter again for this beta weekend. Thanks for the info!

I've read somewhere that they're NOT wiping the servers for the next weekend beta, so you can continue playing on your characters then. But, of course, they will be wiping before Live servers are up.
Back to top Go down
http://bronyquest.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Beta?   Anyone in the Beta? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone in the Beta?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top