Star Ponies

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

This
Yes
Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
What
Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
No
Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Oh god!
Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Cloudchaser
Pony
Pony
Cloudchaser

Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic   Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 pm

I did so much shipping this chapter. It won't be too long before I've shipped all of Ponyville at this rate. And then, we go for Canterlot! But that's not for like, twenty-some more chapters. But eh.

DRAMA LLAMAS IN THE BAHAMAS

Big Mac and Cheerilee were headed out to lunch at Café du Mane to catch up on each other’s goings-on. That was when the pink menace attacked.

“Oh, hi, Mac! You worked things out with Cheerilee? What about Rarity? Because you were looking for her a couple of days ago, and the way you were talking about her made it sound like you were a couple, and also like there was something fishy going on, which is weird because fish are more Fluttershy’s thing, and she and Rarity go to the spa together, but when I looked there, there weren’t any fish, which meant the fish must be out of water! So that’s when I decided that I should throw a big pool party to get all the fishies back where they belong, but that meant I had to get all the fish accounted for, and make sure they’d be safe and not to invite any griffins because they eat fish and then that made me think of Gilda, because I never saw her eat any fish when Rainbow brought her here. And that’s when I remembered that Rainbow was acting all fishy, too, and that it had something to do with Applejack, and probably something mushy, because I saw it in her eyes, but Rainbow doesn’t like to talk so much about mushy stuff, and she didn’t want to talk to me about it, so it made sense! But then I thought of what kind of mushy thing would involve Applejack and Rainbow, and that’s when I remembered that Rainbow looked at me funny when I asked if she was taking Applejack on a date, so obviously they must be a couple, too! But they almost blew my cover yesterday when they came to Sugarcube Corner for something, so I had to distract them by giving them cupcakes I made for the party which I decided to make about all kind of fishiness and not just fish, which included them, which meant that it was a party to celebrate their new ship, and that meant I had to make it about more than just fish, so I had to think of what fish and ships had in common. At first I thought about how they both had sh in their names, but if I threw a sh party then everypony would think they’d have to be quiet, and a party’s no fun if it’s quiet! So then I remembered that there was gonna be a pool at the party, and ships and fish both need water! So now I need a way to invite Applejack and Rainbow to the water party without telling them what it is, and you’re here and you live on Sweet Apple Acres so you could figure out some excuse for them to come to Sugarcube Corner! Sorry for the wall of text, by the way, I’m just so nervouscited! This is gonna be the best water party ever!”

Big Mac and Cheerilee blinked in the wake of the verbal carnage. “Ah’m sorry, what?”

“Go tell Applejack and Rainbow Dash to come to Sugarcube Corner tomorrow at lunchtime,” Pinkie instructed more slowly, donning a big grin and bouncing away without waiting for confirmation of Mac’s comprehension.

Mac summarily shook his head to dislodge the questions his mind had begun to formulate, returning his attention to the task at hoof. “Anyway, what were we talkin’ about?”

“Nothing that won’t come up again, I’m sure,” Cheerilee laughed. “I think she mentioned something about your sister and Rainbow Dash, though. Did something happen between them?”

“Oh, yeah, AJ an’ Rainbow started datin’ a few days ago after Rainbow got her caught up in some kinda band shenanigans,” Mac explained. “Ah’m not sure if that’s what Pinkie was goin’ on about, but Ah’m never sure what she is.”

“That’s wonderful news, Mac. Be sure to give them my congratulations.” Cheerilee smiled. “You know, my sister has found her way into a relationship, herself.”

Mac cocked his head. “Berry? Ah thought she was as bad at holdin’ colts as alcohol.”

Cheerilee giggled. “It’s not a colt this time.”

“Really now? And here Ah thought she was one o’ the last straight fillies left in this town,” Mac joked.

Cheerilee shrugged. “I’ve never seen her discriminate between hitting on either. She’s just had better luck at seducing colts in the past. I do wonder how she managed to catch such a respectable mare, though.”

“Who’s her latest victim, then?” Mac chuckled.

“I’m not sure we can call it that. Berry’s only ever gone on about how great she is, even when she’s sober.” Cheerilee sat herself across from Mac at one of the available tables. “Who knows, maybe she and Colgate hit it off when she was getting her teeth fixed.”

“Colgate, huh?” Mac smiled. “Might be good fer her ta have somepony like her close at hoof.”

“It might be too much to ask to get her drinking under control, but treating the negative effects would be the next best thing,” Cheerilee agreed. “It almost makes me wonder if Colgate doesn’t see her as some sort of project to be worked on as well as a marefriend. There isn’t too much else I could see that would have drawn them together.”

Mac shrugged. “You know how these things go. Most of the time it don’t make sense, but it works out all the same.”

“To a point, yes,” Cheerilee sighed. “But then I’ve yet to crest the next hill, I suppose.”

“Anypony you’ve got yer eye on?” Mac prompted.

Cheerilee shook her head. “It’s difficult to find the right balance. I mean, I’d want somepony respectable enough to have around foals, but not to the level of being too stuffy. I’d want somepony more relaxed, maybe even a little soft-spoken. Somepony like you, I suppose, but…”

“A mare?” Big Mac suggested.

Cheerilee nodded hesitantly. “It just sounds so shallow when it comes down to it.”

Mac chuckled. “Well, Ah think Ah know the pony yer lookin’ for.”

“You do?” Cheerilee squealed.

“Ah’m not sure how her barn door swings, but it don’t usually take much ta convince Fluttershy,” Mac laughed.

Cheerilee gasped, eyes going wide. “Fluttershy?”

Mac smiled at Cheerilee’s reaction. “Ya know, Ah had mah eye on her once, but Ah was always just too dang nervous ta ask her out. Ah’m not sure how well it coulda worked even past that, though. Relationships only go as far as ya take ‘em.”

Cheerilee giggled, seeming not entirely there. “Yes, between the two of you… initiative…”

Mac frowned. “You alright, Cheer?”

Cheerilee blinked before shaking her head. “Yes, I’m… sorry. I just got caught up, uh…”

Big Mac smiled knowingly. “Thinkin’ about Fluttershy?”

Cheerilee nodded sheepishly.

“Ah think the two o’ you could work out real nice together,” Mac encouraged. “Ya both like foals, yer both sweet an’ unselfish, an’ ya both make great role models fer yer students.”

“I suppose it would be a good idea to teach them about the option,” Cheerilee agreed. “But listen to us getting way ahead of ourselves. I still have to work up the courage to ask her out.”

“Ah’m sure that’s somethin’ ya can handle,” Mac chuckled.

Cheerilee laughed along. “Thanks for the help, Mac. I might not have even made that connection myself.”

“What are friends for, right?” Mac smiled.

Rainbow sighed, settling herself at the base of a tree as they entered back into the orchard. Applejack took a spot next to her, smiling. "Ah’m glad that all turned out alright. Ah was worried fer a bit it mighta been somethin’ serious.”

Rainbow frowned. “I don’t know, AJ. That still seemed pretty serious. I mean, being away from your parents for three years, at her age…”

Applejack winced. “Ah’ve been away from mine a lot longer n’ that, sugarcube.”

“But you still had your family with you,” Rainbow ventured after realizing her misstep. “Scootaloo was…”

“On her way ta makin’ a family o’ her own,” Applejack finished pointedly. “Ah’m not sayin’ it was easy fer her, bein’ away from Dinky, Derpy and Carrot Top, but Ah think she found herself a couple pretty special fillies.”

Rainbow’s shoulders sagged. “Well, it didn’t turn out too bad for you, either. I mean, you got me, right?” Rainbow smiled hopefully.

Applejack smiled back. “Ah guess Ah did,” she admitted, nuzzling Rainbow’s cheek.

Rainbow chuckled, rubbing the back of her head nervously. “I’m… I’m sorry, I… You know I’m no good with words.”

“Ah suppose Ah do,” Applejack agreed. “But that don’ mean Ah can’t tease ya about it sometimes.”

Rainbow laughed. “Who’s terrible now?”

“Ah reckon we can be terrible together.” Applejack gave Rainbow a peck on the nose.

“I’m sure we’ll be doing plenty of terrible things later,” Rainbow suggested.

“Maybe,” Applejack smirked. “But fer now, we’ve still got stuff ta do.”

Rainbow frowned. “Like what?”

Applejack chuckled, rising to her hooves. “Did ya ferget that little idea we had yesterday?”

Rainbow furrowed her brows. “Which one?”

Applejack rolled her eyes. “About how we’re gonna work on this whole band thing. We’ve been at it fer a week and we’ve gotten nowheres.”

“Hey, it’s not my fault your sexy powers are slowing us down,” Rainbow retorted. “Besides, we still have like… three weeks before that music award thing.”

“And ya really think that’s gonna be enough time?” Applejack pressed.

“Yep! We’ve just gotta learn to control your powers so we can use them for music and sexiness. Maybe even at the same time!”

Applejack shook her head, laughing. “Ah’m sure ya’ll get a kick outta those drumsticks.”

Rainbow grinned. “There are two of them, you know…”

Applejack chuckled. “Now come on, we gotta figure out how we’re gonna scrape some bits together fer that drum set.”

“Did you even see how much it was?” Rainbow asked.

Applejack paused before shaking her head. “Ah never got the chance. Ya were in an’ out pretty quick.”

Rainbow grinned sheepishly. “Yeah. Right. Sorry.”

“Ah fergive ya,” Applejack giggled. “Ya did make up fer a whole lot yesterday.”

Rainbow blinked. “What else did I have to make up for?”

Applejack shook her head, not gracing the question with an answer.

“What? Come on, seriously! What did I do?”

“Thanks fer lettin’ us stay, Miss Carrot,” Apple Bloom said, compulsively helping clean the dishes after lunch.

“It’s no trouble at all, Apple Bloom,” Carrot Top assured. “You and Sweetie Belle can stay as long as you like, especially if you keep insisting on helping out.”

Apple Bloom chuckled. “Sorry, it’s kinda a habit.”

Carrot Top glanced behind her briefly. “Well, it seems you are causing a bit of a hold-up. I can take it from here.”

“You sure?” Apple Bloom asked uncertainly.

Carrot Top laughed. “Yes, I’m positive. Now go run along.”

“Alright,” Apple Bloom dismounted the sink and walked back over to the assembled fillies waiting impatiently for her. “How long have you gals been-“

“The whole time,” Scootaloo deadpanned. “Are you gonna do this every time you come over?”

Apple Bloom blushed. “Ah’m sorry, y’all, Ah just…”

Sweetie Belle giggled, nuzzling Apple Bloom’s cheek. “You’d make a great mom someday, Apple Bloom.”

Apple Bloom nuzzled her back. “Thanks, Sweetie Belle.”

Scootaloo rolled her eyes, keeping her distance. At least until her fillyfriends converged upon her and created a humorous scene for a giggling Dinky.

“They’ve got you good, huh, sis?” Dinky teased.

Scootaloo’s head popped out of the pile of fillies to retort, “You’re one to talk, Dink. The way Rumble has you tied around his hoof…” Scootaloo paused. “How are things going with Rumble, anyway?”

Curious at the development, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle disengaged their prison system and listened attentively.

Dinky blushed. “Oh, you know, same kinda stuff…” She trailed off before frowning. “You probably don’t know about what’s been going on with his brother, do you?”

“You mean Thunderlane?” Scootaloo cocked her head. “What kind of trouble is he getting into now?”

Dinky’s brow furrowed in thought. “Well, you know how he’s been going out with Blossomforth, right?”

Scootaloo nodded. “He didn’t get her pregnant, did he?”

Dinky laughed. “No, nothing like that. At least I don’t think so…” Dinky’s head fell to one side. “That would make everything so much more complicated.”

“Why, what happened?” Sweetie Belle pressed.

“Well, the way I understood it he was drinking-“

“Big surprise,” Scootaloo put in.

Dinky smirked. “He was drinking and he finally got himself in over his head. He’d hit a bump with Blossomforth, had one too many, and ended up in bed with another mare.”

Scootaloo recoiled in shock. “Woah. Who was it?”

Dinky smiled sadly. “Cloudchaser.”

“Oh, sweet Celestia,” Scootaloo face-hoofed.

Dinky nodded. “He managed to get things patched up with Blossomforth. I don’t know if he told her the truth or not. But, well…”

Scootaloo sighed, nodding. “How’s she holding up?”

“I’m not sure,” Dinky said, shaking her head. “If Thunderlane’s seen her since, he never told Rumble.”

“How long’s it been?”

“Two months,” Dinky answered sadly.

Scootaloo sighed, shoulders drooping, positively radiating sympathy for-

“Who’re we talkin’ about? Is there somethin’ we’re missin’ here?”

Scootaloo chuckled humorlessly. “You girls don’t know the half of it. Oh, where to start?”

“Rumble and I have been dating for about a year. His big brother, Thunderlane, is kind of a jerk, but Rumble’s just the sweetest colt you could ever find.” Dinky’s eyes grew dreamy.

“Focus, Dink,” Scootaloo chided. “So, yeah, Thunderlane’s been around the block a few times. He’s been dating Blossomforth for the past few years after he broke up with Cloud Kicker. Funny thing is Cloud Kicker’s probably the closest thing you’ll get to Thunderlane in mare form.”

“Tell me about it,” Dinky said, chuckling dryly. “Blossomforth, on the other hoof, is a really sweet mare. I really never knew what she saw in Thunderlane, but I guess I don’t know the whole story. Anyway, Cloudchaser’s one of Thunderlane’s old friends. She and her sister Flitter usually stop by quite a lot to watch over Rumble whenever his parents and Thunderlane are out.”

“Yeah, and it’s no secret she had a huge crush on him for who knows how long,” Scootaloo picked up. “Cloudchaser was probably just doing it to get closer to Thunderlane, hoping to catch him on a rebound from one of his fights with Blossomforth. And, well, I guess she got her wish, huh?”

“In the worst possible way,” Dinky agreed. “I know it might sound like she had it coming, but Cloudchaser’s one of the most innocent mares I’ve met. She’s up there with Fluttershy, just without the skittishness.”

“Yeah, and almost as much of a hopeless romantic as Rarity was before she found Mac, from what I hear,” Scootaloo added. “I never really met her myself, but… she’s one of those types that’s really hard not to feel sorry for.”

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle shared a glance, unsure what to make of the new development. Could Scootaloo’s family get any more confusing?

“Okay, since you don’t seem to want to tell me, I’m gonna assume it’s nothing. So unless it was something important, I-“

“We’re here, Dash,” Applejack interrupted, stopping before the Ponyville Bank.

Rainbow regarded the building dubiously, having never utilized its services before. “They really keep all of Ponyville’s money in that little thing?”

Applejack chortled. “Hay no. There’s way more of it underground. That ya see there’s just the reception.”

Rainbow frowned. “If it’s all underground, wouldn’t that make it really easy to break into?”

Applejack cocked her head. “How do ya figure?”

“Well, you’d just have to dig down and break through the ceiling, right?”

Applejack rolled her eyes. “So you think ya’d be able ta just start diggin’ a hole in the middle o’ Ponyville and have nopony notice?”

“It’s not like it’s all under the road, right?” Rainbow went on unabashed. “I mean, there have to be some houses above it. So you wouldn’t even have to leave your house!”

“So yer suggestin’ the ponies that built this thing had the oversight ta build a vault right under somepony’s house?” Applejack challenged.

“Or maybe somepony had the undersight to build a house on top of one of the vaults,” Rainbow concluded.

“Ya do know that’s not a real word, right?”

“Well it should be!” Rainbow declared.

Applejack rolled her eyes again, humored. “Are we gonna go inside er what?”

“What?” Rainbow blinked, glancing at the bank they stood before. “Oh, yeah. Sure.”

With how easy she gets side-tracked, it’s a wonder she can hold all that dedication, Applejack mused, entering behind the marvel of a pegasus. “So how come you never put any money in a bank before?”

Rainbow shrugged. “I did when I was a filly, but that let my parents get into it. Besides, what safer place to put my money than where I can guard it myself?”

“And Ah’m sure Tank makes a great security system when yer away,” Applejack joked. “Well, if yer gonna start livin’ with us at the farm, yer gonna hafta get used ta comin’ here.”

Rainbow frowned. “Why?”

Applejack paused to converse briefly with the teller before returning her attention to Rainbow. “It’s the way we handle money nowadays. Mac did some stuff with his mathematics and found out we could turn a profit if we pooled all our money together and tossed it in one o’ these here vaults.” Applejack gestured to the rows of them on each side of the hallway they were being led through.

“So… how does that affect me?” Rainbow asked quizzically.

Applejack smiled. “Yer one o’ the family now, ain’t ya? Besides, with all this money ya got saved up, we could make a lot on interest.”

Rainbow frowned, nodding hesitantly. “I guess so,” Rainbow admitted.

The rest of their walk was had in silence before they stopped at the Apple Family’s vault, which they were let into by their attendant. Applejack shifted her saddlebags as they walked inside. Rainbow inspected them more closely, noting they were considerably more bloated than she expected.

“Wait, what do you mean by ‘this money’?” Rainbow questioned.

Applejack smiled sheepishly, removing her saddlebags to reveal the bits inside. “Ya never did ask me why Ah brought mah saddlebags.”

Rainbow’s eye twitched. “You took my money? When did you even… How did you…?”

“Under the mattress ain’t exactly the most secret spot ta keep yer bits, sugarcube,” Applejack joked weakly, hoping to ease the tension. Rainbow responded by narrowing her eyes at her. “Okay, Ah’m sorry. Ah knew ya probably wouldn’t like the idea, and Ah didn’t know when Ah’d get another chance like this.”

“You could have at least told me first!” Rainbow argued.

“Ah didn’t think ya would let me!” Applejack insisted. “Ah was just thinkin’ o’ the family. It probably don’t show much this early inta the harvest season, but we ain’t exactly in the best shape right now. Granny’s gettin’ older, an’ she can’t make as many trips out ta town anymore, an’ that means we gotta sacrifice some valuable harvest time ta go in her place. It might not sound like much, but in the heart o’ Applebuck Season, that could mean the difference between twenty rotten apples and two hundred.

“Ya really have been a great help so far, sugarcube, but this is just the foal’s work we’ve been doin’ so far. It’s gonna get a lot harder, and we’re gonna have less time fer all o’ this. Ah know yer really worked up about this whole band idea, but we just ain’t got the bits ta spare right now, and, well, yer carryin’ so much that…” Applejack hung her head dejectedly, unable to meet Rainbow’s softening glare. “Ah really didn’t mean ta make ya upset. It would just be such a load off everypony’s shoulders if we had some extra bits around.”

Rainbow sighed, lifting Applejack’s head with a hoof. “I can’t stay mad at you. Especially when you go and pour your heart out at me like that.” Rainbow averted her gaze briefly. “But… I’m not stupid, you know. And you’re not alone. I might not have the experience you do working on the farm, but I can still help with some of the decisions. That’s what family’s all about, right?”

Applejack looked at Rainbow with teary eyes, a smile slowly growing on her face. “Ya really are the best, Rainbow.”

Rainbow smiled back. “And it’s not just me, either. I’m sure Rarity would be willing to help out whenever she’s not busy with her dressmaking. She helped yesterday, didn’t she? Probably a bit more than I’d have expected from her. I mean, if all you’d need her to do is make a trip to the marketplace now and then, I’m sure that’s something she could handle.”

“Ya never know with Rarity, though,” Applejack put in. “Ah mean, just think how much she’s been foolin’ us with such simple stuff.”

Rainbow laughed lightly. “Yeah, she can be a little shifty sometimes. But you see how she’s practically glued herself to Mac.”

Applejack nodded, chuckling. “Are ya sure yer alright with this?”

“If you’re really hurting for money that much…” Rainbow smirked. “You are providing food for me.”

“Ah was pretty surprised ta see how much ya had left over. Could it be that ya were milkin’ it a bit when ya said ya’d need ta live on apples fer a month?”

“Hey, that thousand we took was my food money. The rest was my… other stuff money.”

Applejack cocked a brow. “And that other stuff is more important to ya than food?”

Rainbow blushed. “Well, when I’ve got such a willing source of food already…”

Applejack chuckled helplessly. “So what is that other thing ya were keepin’ all that money for?”

“Oh, you know, Wonderbolts shows. Tickets can get expensive, you know. And then there’s the travel, the merch, all sorts of stuff,” Rainbow rattled off absently.

“Ya really do love yer Wonderbolts, Dash,” Applejack mused.

“Yeah, I actually-“ Rainbow paused, blinked and shook her head violently.

Applejack frowned. “Somethin’ wrong, sugarcube?”

“No it- it’s nothing. We should probably just deposit what we don’t need and head on over to the music shop,” Rainbow said unconvincingly.

“Ah thought we were makin’ a promise not ta keep secrets, Rainbow,” Applejack prodded.

“I really…” Rainbow spared a glance to the vault door to confirm that their attendant was still standing there, looking bored. “I really don’t want to talk about this here. Can we please just… get out of here?”

Applejack sighed. Normally this would be the part where Rainbow would avoid the question for the rest of the day, but this time… “Alright, but ya gotta promise me we’ll talk when we get back home.”

“Promise,” Rainbow responded eagerly.

Applejack smirked, counting out the bits in her saddlebags. “How much ya think we’ll need?”

Rainbow shrugged. “I’d say take a thousand just to be safe. Whatever we don’t use we can keep on hoof.”

Applejack nodded, separating a thousand bits from the pile, leaving about three thousand to be deposited. Applejack deposited the thousand bits back into her saddlebags, leaving the rest to be sorted by the attendant. Within a few seconds, the attendant showed them out, locking the vault behind them.

Being out of the bank filled Rainbow with an odd sense of freedom. Something about having no view of the sky really unsettled her. She fell into step beside Applejack as they made their way across town. Applejack sent frequent glances her way, as if to make sure she hadn’t run off. Rainbow met her with a smile each time, but couldn’t help but feel a little hurt that Applejack still didn’t trust her completely.

“You should be more worried about the drum set being there than me,” Rainbow blurted.

Applejack turned to regard Rainbow with obvious befuddlement. “Why would Ah be worried about you not bein’ there, sugarcube?”

Rainbow frowned. “Because you keep looking at me funny!”

Applejack matched Rainbow’s frown. “Ah keep lookin’ at ya ‘cause Ah’m worried about ya. Ya’ve been actin’ real edgy ever since Ah brought up the Wonderbolts.”

Rainbow’s face hardened. “Well, let’s just say you’ve got your problems, and I’ve got mine.” Rainbow took off with a flap of her wings, rushing off towards their destination.

Applejack’s ears drooped at Rainbow’s unexpected departure. “What’s goin’ on inside that head o’ yers, Rainbow?” Applejack muttered to herself.

Rainbow was silent for the rest of their trip; pointedly avoiding physical contact, never meeting Applejack’s eye. Applejack grew increasingly worried for her marefriend, hoping she hadn’t done something to bring this about, but unable to get a response from her either way.

The drum set was purchased with little enthusiasm, and ran them about six hundred bits. Applejack hefted the kit up onto her back, thankful that it was held together at a central point. Rainbow took off for the farm as soon as Applejack looked to be able to walk without falling over.

Applejack sighed, able to take solace only in Rainbow’s promise to talk once they got back to the farm. But she was starting to really get worried that this might be something words alone couldn’t fix.

Applejack arrived to a quiet farmhouse. Granny was asleep, and Big Mac and Apple Bloom were absent. Applejack didn’t know whether to be grateful or jealous. She deposited the drum set in her closet, not finding Rainbow in her room. She moved to her window, scanning the orchard for any sign of her marefriend, though none was to be found.

Applejack was startled as she heard Rainbow curse loudly from within her room, followed by what sounded like… sobbing? Applejack rushed in to comfort Rainbow, but was pushed away. “Rainbow, please. Tell me what’s wrong.”

In place of an answer, Rainbow merely gestured weakly to a letter by her bedside. Applejack instantly recognized the seal of the Wonderbolts and set about reading the missive.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

As captain of the Wonderbolts, it is my honor to inform you that you have been accepted into our ranks. I knew you were something special ever since you saved us back at the Best Young Flier’s competition a couple years back. You proved yourself to me at the Academy, and it didn’t take much to convince the others. Now that a spot has opened up, we’re proud to have it filled by such a promising prospect as yourself. That being said, you have a month to report before your position is forfeit.

Your Captain,
Spitfire

Applejack’s jaw slackened. Rainbow had done it, she had achieved her lifelong dream. So why was she so upset? Applejack re-read the letter, wondering if she had missed some slight or other, but came up empty.

“Rainbow, this is great news! Ya’ve been wantin’ ta get inta the Wonderbolts fer as long as Ah’ve known ya,” Applejack said, placing a hoof on Rainbow’s shoulder, which was not shoved away this time.

Rainbow turned herself to face Applejack, fur matted with tears, nose dripping mucus. “Don’t you get it, AJ? This is exactly what I’ve been afraid of since this whole thing started. I was literally just talking about how I’d be there for you, and now look!” Rainbow gestured again to the letter.

“Ah am, sugarcube, and Ah couldn’t be more proud of ya,” Applejack insisted.

Rainbow choked back a sob. “I have a month, AJ! If I don’t go to them, I might never get this chance again. But going to them would mean that…” Rainbow paused, before continuing in a small voice. “It would mean that I’d have to leave.”

Applejack blinked back a couple of brimming tears. “Whaddya mean, Rainbow? Ya said yerself, ya’d always be here-“

“And I can’t do that!” Rainbow burst out. “The Wonderbolts are my life, AJ, and they really would be if I joined. I’d have maybe three weeks out of a year to come back to spend with you, and I can’t do that! And if you’re really hurting so much for money, that would mean you’d have to somehow make it work without me.”

“Ah’m sure we could figure somethin’ out, sugarcube. Ah mean, what if ya just joined part-time-“

“There’s no such thing as a part-time Wonderbolt, AJ! It’s all or nothing with them. Don’t you get it? To join them I’d have to leave behind the most amazing mare in Equestria. But to stay, I’d have to throw away everything I’ve worked for the past fifteen years of my life!” Rainbow shivered, prompting Applejack to wrap her in a warm embrace, pulling the covers over them both.

“We can get through this, Rainbow,” Applejack promised. “It won’t be easy without ya, but Ah can’t take somethin’ like that away from ya. We’ll find some way to get by, and you can go live yer dream. Just… promise me you’ll come back someday.”

Rainbow let out a ratcheting sob, breaking out in tears again. “What the buck am I supposed to do, AJ?”

“Just relax,” Applejack soothed, fighting back her own tears. “We’ve got a month ta figure this out. We don’t gotta commit ta anything just yet. So how’s about you take yer own advice fer once and stop worryin’ so much?”

Rainbow looked up to Applejack’s hopeful face. She could never say no to that face. For Applejack, she had to be strong; she had to be there while she could. If this was to be their last month together, she’d be damned if it wasn’t the best month of their lives.

“I… I lo-“

“Shh, no need ta be hasty now,” Applejack interrupted softly. “The time’s gonna come when we’re ready to call it that. But right now, let’s just enjoy our time together and leave all that technical stuff outta it.”

“Okay,” Rainbow answered in a small voice. “But, do you…?”

Applejack tightened her grip. “With all mah heart, sugarcube.”

Rainbow beamed, planting a shaky kiss on Applejack’s nose. Applejack would have returned it, but…

“Let’s get ya all cleaned up, sugarcube,” Applejack suggested. “We still got a couple hours ta do whatever ya’d like.”

Rainbow blushed at the first thought that came to mind, revealing her hoof to Applejack immediately.

Applejack giggled. “Ah’m sure we could arrange that.” Applejack hefted Rainbow onto her back. “Now come on, we got a nice, hot shower waitin’ fer us.”

Rainbow nuzzled into Applejack’s neck. “You’re too damn good to me, AJ.”

“Only as good as ya deserve, sugarcube,” Applejack returned with a smile.

Clop it!

Big Macintosh walked through Ponyville feeling accomplished. He’d managed to regain a good friend and spend a good lunch catching up on things. In all, it was a good day. His only problem was that he had no idea where Rarity was. They hadn’t set up a meeting point or anything, and it was getting rather close to dinner time.

On a hunch, Mac made his way over to the library. Through the window, he saw Rarity and Spike talking animatedly. Ah guess that means everythin’ turned out alright, Mac concluded before raising a hoof to knock on the door. It was opened before he could, though, and Spike stood at the door.

“Hey, Mac. No hard feelings, buddy. I’m not really sure I’d have been able to get over the whole stallion thing anyway,” Spike said, shaking Mac’s hoof and leading him inside.

“Oh, hello Mac,” Rarity greeted, coming up to nuzzle him. “I’m sorry, I must have lost track of the time. Spike’s just been such a dear about all this.”

Spike grinned. “So, Mac, what’s it like?”

Mac blinked. “Beg pardon?”

“You know, dating a secret stallion,” Spike clarified. “I’m still not sure if it’s really coltcuddling. I mean, she’s practically a mare; she just has the wrong parts. Does that still count, or…?”

“Ah wouldn’t know,” Mac answered uncertainly, glancing to Rarity to silently question Spike’s odd behavior.

Rarity merely shrugged. “It’s all up to interpretation, I suppose.”

“I still can’t believe I never noticed that you had a dick, Rarity,” Spike went on.

“You wouldn’t have, dear. I keep it hidden in public.”

Spike cocked his head. “There’s a spell for that?”

Rarity nodded. “Rather odd, isn’t it?”

“It’s definitely not one Twilight knows,” Spike laughed. “So what about the sex? How’s that?”

Big Mac spluttered. “Ah… Ah don’-

“We haven’t delved too deep into that, but I’ll be sure to tell you when we do,” Rarity promised, winking at Mac.

“Rare! What-“

“I think we should be going, however. It was lovely talking to you, but we wouldn’t want to miss dinner again, would we?” Rarity shot Mac a meaningful glance.

“Oh, right, dinner. Uh, don’t you go getting’ inta any trouble now, y’hear?”

Spike chuckled. “Oh, you don’t have to worry about me.”

Rarity smiled, pushing Mac out the door. “Well then, shall we?” Mac followed along sheepishly, not entirely comfortable with Rarity’s openness.

“So, AJ…” Rainbow started, returning to Applejack’s room after their shower. “How long do you think we have before things start getting hectic around here?”

Applejack thought for a moment. “It usually doesn’t start to get too bad ‘til a couple weeks in. Not to say it’s gonna get any easier next week, but it shouldn’t be too bad.”

“Oh, so we have some time?” Rainbow asked hopefully.

Applejack nodded. “And Ah promise we’ll find time fer band practice through it all. Even if we gotta stay up all night.”

Rainbow chortled. “Alright, then I promise to stop being stupid and really enjoy myself again. No use worrying about the future, right?”

“Yer almost as bad as me,” Applejack jested.

“I know, it’s like we’re infecting each other,” Rainbow laughed. “It’s kinda cool.”

“And here Ah though ya were too old ta believe in cooties.”

Rainbow frowned. “That’s not what I meant and you know it.”

Applejack just laughed, happily tormenting her newly-reformed marefriend. Rainbow was quick to respond to Applejack’s taunts by tackling her onto her bed and commencing her all-out assault. Tickling, cuddling, kissing, hugging, Rainbow threw just about everything she had at the upstart farmer.

“You give up yet?” Rainbow taunted.

“Never!” Applejack tackled Rainbow down to the pillows, pinning her down by her shoulders.

“A hostage situation? You’ll never get me to talk!” Rainbow wriggled around in Applejack’s grip, but it was too strong.

“Ah just did, and Ah didn’t even have ta do nothin’,” Applejack chuckled.

“Touché.” Rainbow fought back with her only remaining appendage, kissing Applejack full on the lips. Applejack giggled into the kiss, deepening it and releasing Rainbow’s shoulders to wrap her hooves around her midsection. Rainbow happily returned the embrace, feeling like it had been too long since they had shared a moment like this.

Their kiss was brought to an early end as Granny Smith called the family together for dinner. Applejack parted reluctantly, but Rainbow smiled. “Don’t worry; we’ll have plenty of time after dinner. Maybe even a little during?”

“Ah’m sure Granny would be thrilled ta have us makin’ out on the table,” Applejack agreed jokingly.

“Well, then what are we waiting for, let’s go!” Rainbow rushed off eagerly, leaving Applejack to worry she had given Rainbow false hope. But upon arriving at the table to see her smiling face, Applejack found she actually might be willing to oblige, if not for the spread Granny had set before them.

Applejack looked around the table, sensing something amiss. “Where’s Apple Bloom?”

“She and her little friends are stayin’ over at Scootaloo’s tonight, or so Ah hear,” Granny said. “Come ta think of it, Ah’m not sure where that is, exactly.”

“Oh, it’s none too far,” Applejack laughed. “Closer ‘n any o’ us woulda expected.”

“I knew it, she lives in the closet!”

Applejack had to stop herself from spitting out her mouthful of apple juice in her mirth. “Have Ah told you that yer terrible today?”

Rainbow shrugged. “I can never remember.”

Applejack lost herself to a fit of giggles, unspeakably glad to have Rainbow acting like herself again.

“Oh, and Rarity, we totally beat you to the plot stuff.”

Applejack and Rainbow retired to their room on shaky legs. The night had been filled with mirth, fueled by this sense of inebriation they had developed despite not partaking in any alcohol.

“…And then it was like kaboom and it exploded! But I got out just in the nick of time ‘cuz I’m awesome like that,” Rainbow finished her latest Daring Do inspired tale.

Applejack chortled. “Yer a silly pony, ya know that?”

“I know you are, but what am I?” Rainbow countered, swaying and almost crashing into Applejack as they crossed the threshold of Applejack’s room.

“Impossible,” Applejack giggled, pushing Rainbow onto the bed, joining her shortly after. “And sexy.”

“Impossibly sexy?” Rainbow suggested. “I think I can live with that.”

Applejack placed a kiss on the impossibly sexy pegasus’ forehead. “Good night, you sexy thing.”

“No, you’re the-“ Rainbow’s thought was interrupted by a snore as she fell asleep. Applejack laughed herself to sleep beside her, unable to figure out why she was feeling so giddy.

I know why! But that would be cheating. And yes, I'm putting Cloudchaser into this. Because shutupidowhatiwant. <3
Back to top Go down

Oh God Cloud Wrote a Fanfic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top