How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] Empty
PostSubject: How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial]   How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:16 pm

I have seen many pictures on this forum that break the rules about posting pictures.

Fluttershy wrote:
Also avoid stretching the board with images. If your image exceeds a 640 width then please post a link to it. Stretched boards are very unappealing.

Personally I think it's okay to stretch the forum a little. I don't think there is any need of sizing down a picture from 800 width to 640 since it's not that much of a difference. But, rules are rules.

I think that there are some people who don't know the way to re-size pictures. So, to help you I have found one super easy way of changing it's size.

This is an example of what I mean by big pictures:
How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] 20866402
( Link to original )

And this is how you can make that picture smaller.

1.) Go to any picture on the web and right-click on it. Then choose "open in new window" or anything like that.
That way you will get access to the direct link for the picture up in your Url section.
Copy that Url.

Now go back to this forum.

2.) Press the button next to "Image". It should say "Host an image" (1).
Then make sure it says Url and paste the url you copied earlier there (2).
Have it say 640 px width (3).
press "Upload" (4).

How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] Servim10

3.)Then you copy the "Image url" from the third line.

How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] Servim11

4.) That url is the link to your picture. Use that in the same way as you would upload any other pictures on this forum.

That's it. It's not too much work to show of you amazing pictures is it?

Of course there are other methods of doing this as well. But those are much longer and mostly requires you to make an account.

I will look past all the pictures posted BEFORE I posted this since some don't think about this. I didn't think about this before today myself. :3
Pictures stretching the forum isn't the thing I will use my heaviest ban-hammer on. I will simply use my warning-hammer.

And one more thing. It doesn't matter if you're a Mane, Royal Guard or a regular member. I will require you to follow the rules anyway. Remember to be a good example for those that come after you.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial]   How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Yes, what RD said. I have been using this method the entire time, it's a really nice feature. The reason for this is that I'm the type to READ THE BUCKING MANUAL.
Pardon?
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial]   How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:27 pm

What manual?
How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] 0imDB
Nice short tut by the way!
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Luna
Pony
Pony
Luna

PostSubject: Re: How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial]   How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:54 pm

This tutorial helped me not look like a fool.

So awesome job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial]   How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:34 pm

I just use GIMP to resize images and tinypic to host them.

Also Is this a problem caused by me or the hosting sites inability to recognise transparent sections of pictures?
What it should look like:
what it looks like after I use that hosting button:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial]   How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to re-size pictures for use on the forum. [Tutorial]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top