General ponychatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Jack
Colt
Colt
The Jack

General ponychatter Empty
PostSubject: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Exactly what it says on the tin.

This thread is for general ponychatter that doens't really merit it's own thread. Stuff like what I'm gonna say now;

I just recently started reading Fallout: Equestria and... holy shit, people ain't kidding when they say that's a good story.
Not to mention a freakin' massive one. And that's not even counting the sidestories.

It kinda makes me depressed though, reading about Equestria in such a state, and reading the stories of the Mane 6. Every time I learn the fate of one (happened twice now; One of Pinkie, and one for Fluttershy), I have to stop reading because I can't handle it.
And I'm not one that's usually moved by stuff like this.

So essentially; stuff you want to say, but doesn't require feedback (though it's fine if it gets).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Well I could say I hate the word "Brony" and using "mane" for "main" and all the puns of city names.

Just needed to get that off of my chest.

But yeah, some of the fanfiction merits a full publication.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:25 pm

The Jack wrote:
I just recently started reading Fallout: Equestria and... holy shit, people ain't kidding when they say that's a good story.
Not to mention a freakin' massive one. And that's not even counting the sidestories.
IN B4 RARITY RAGE!

Also, I like all the silly puns and stuff. It may get over done at times, but it helps people to better immerse themselves in the world. If they're into that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:18 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
The Jack wrote:
IN B4 RARITY RAGE!

Also, I like all the silly puns and stuff. It may get over done at times, but it helps people to better immerse themselves in the world. If they're into that kind of thing.

Are you trying to INSINUATE SOMETHING?!

General ponychatter 17071%20-%20Vanishing_Crown%20animated%20animation_error%20crown_on%20galloping_gala%20rage%20rarity
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:25 pm

I have discussed this thoroughly with a few of you on Axon, but I would like to hear other opinions.

Does Equestria have toilets? Yes, I went there.

Think about it. We've seen both Twilight's and Pinkie's bathrooms, and yet we didn't see a toilet in either of them. They have sinks and bathtubs, so clearly running water isn't an issue. Also, Spike makes a joke about outhouses in episode 11.

Discuss.

Last edited by BlastingGravy on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Rarity wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
The Jack wrote:
IN B4 RARITY RAGE!

Are you trying to INSINUATE SOMETHING?!

General ponychatter 17071%20-%20Vanishing_Crown%20animated%20animation_error%20crown_on%20galloping_gala%20rage%20rarity
That you hate Fallout: Equestria because of the giant rant you went on about how terrible it is and how Fallout makes no sense when it is perfectly fine?
General ponychatter QjWJA
BlastingGravy wrote:
I have discussed this thoroughly with a few of you on Axon, but I would like to hear other opinions.

Does Equestria have toilets? Yes, I went there.

Think about it. We've seen both Twilight's and Pinkie's bathrooms, and yet we didn't see a toilet in either of them. They have sinks and bathtubs, so clearly running water isn't an issue. Also, Spike makes an joke about outhouses in episode 11.

Discuss.
General ponychatter Z1G6s
They use their poop to fuel their locomotives and electricity. Thus nothing gets wasted. There are giant invisible poo buckets that we never seen because why would we want to?
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:14 pm

inb4 shit storm.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Rarity wrote:
inb4 shit storm.
General ponychatter ZlWlw
Back to top Go down
The Jack
Colt
Colt
The Jack

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:47 am

I have always assumed pony toilets look pretty much like the ones we have here. Maybe slighly long and slimmer, so that they can stand over-
Why the fuck am I thinking this?
xD

Also, why the Fallout: Equestria hate Rarity? Please link that rant, I want to read it xD

Also, I love dem puns. Puns are some of my favourite humour, so seeing them everywhere is awesome xD
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:51 pm

It's not so much of hate of Fallout: Equestria, more of a hate of Fallout and having no desire to read the fan fiction because of that. The rant was through steam, after some pricks wouldn't stop bugging me to read the story.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 3:45 pm

So what chapter r u on jack? I've been listening to the audio read aloud while I do stuff just got to chapter 13.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Rarity wrote:
It's not so much of hate of Fallout: Equestria, more of a hate of Fallout and having no desire to read the fan fiction because of that. The rant was through steam, after some pricks wouldn't stop bugging me to read the story.
I'm going to go play Fallout: New Vegas and LOVE IT.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:50 am

LOL I've never played any of the fallout games might be why I find the fanfic so interesting everything is a semi-mystery to me 3 questions keep burning in my mind about the fic and I wonder if I would know more if I played the games
1) where/who is DJ-P0n3
2) Who is watcher n y does he know so much yet speak so little?
3) are watcher and DJ-P0n3 based off people in the game?
curse you long fanfics that make me want to read you while at the same time not want to read you!!!!!
O well off to pirate the new episode of Dr. Who!
P.S. Y is Applejack in a bunny suit so damn adorable
Spoiler:
I could see Fluttershy wearing something like this for that Halloween special and I could see Rainbow Dash being something scarey and playing pranks on everyone else. kinda more excited to see episode 4 then episode 3 who else is in the same boat?
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:50 am

Applejack wrote:
kinda more excited to see episode 4 then episode 3 who else is in the same boat?
I most certainly am, and here are my spoilertastic opinions on it.
You can't handle this much awesome:
Back to top Go down
The Jack
Colt
Colt
The Jack

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:41 pm

Applejack wrote:
So what chapter r u on jack? I've been listening to the audio read aloud while I do stuff just got to chapter 13.

I just finished the last chapter, chapter 39.

You're "only" on 13 yet?
You're in for one wild ride, trust me.
I'll spoil as little as possible, but.... At up to several (!!!) points in there, I was literaly crying. That... happens VERY rarely when I read.
I get easily caught up in positive emotions when I read, which is why I enjoy mainly comedy and shipping stories... But I'm usually all but immune to anything negative. I am utterly baffled by Kkats ability to, in lack of a less poetic way to describe it, play on my heartstrings like I was an instrument.

I am preeeeeeetty damn sure this is one of, if not the, best piece of text I have ever read. And trust me, I have read a lot.

@ Raritys retort as to why not read F:E;
Hm, I guess that's as good an arguement as it can get. I kinda feel bad you hate Fallout to that degree though; you're seriously missing out on that fic. But, I don't think you'd enjoy it if you hate Fallout. You'll have to agree that based on the response the fic gets, it has to be written expertly atleast, even if you don't like the contents of it.

@ AJ; The DJ-pon3 figure in the F:E fic is based on the figure "3-dog" (I think that was his name...) in Fallout. He has the same role as DJ-pon3 has; reporting news about the wasteland and playing music. Usually, those news involve the Stabl-, err, I mean, the Vault Dweller, since we as the player do a lot of interesting shit.

Watcher.... Just read. Telling you that would spoil a lot. I don't think his role was inspired by anyone in the game though; I certainly can't remember anyone like that.
He miiiiiiight just be inspired by something from Fallout: New Vegas though. I have noted Kkat has included elements from that game, so I suspect there might be more major elements than soda involved. I haven't played that game myself though, so I don't know.

On a sidenote about the fic;
I'm not sure if I'll reccommend it for people who get easily depressed. The story is.... very sad, at times. But so well written...

About the episodes; IMO, I am honestly more exited for number 4, aye. However, I have always wondered what Twi would do if put in the situation she is in for episode 3; that episode feels like it's made specially for me xD

Anyhow... Sorry to go back to F:E already, but I'm suffering from severe awesomeness withdrawal right now, so I'm wondering; does anyone know if the sidestores are worth reading? I'm going to read "Project Horizon", seeing how it's so large and updates fairly regurarely (and if I remember correctly, more often than the mother-story), but I'm more unsure of the other ones. Especially the uncomplete ones.
And honestly, I'm afraid nothing will live up to Kkats standard now. I think (s)he might have ruined fanfics for me for a while.
Back to top Go down
The Jack
Colt
Colt
The Jack

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 am

*le revives*

Just saw a demo vid for the "ponymon" game.

I don't think I'll be able to play it; it'll be heartbreaking with so much pony abuse xD

EDIT:

lookie at my new avatarpic! xD

Go tell the creator it's awesome; http://nadiarodriguez.deviantart.com/art/Trotting-Lil-Pip-Lil-Mac-263100845
She deserves it xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General ponychatter   General ponychatter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General ponychatter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top