View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Evilness scale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Megaton > Tenpenny Tower. It has less loading screens to get into your house. Plus it is fun to kill Tenpenny and throw him off his tower, repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Mostly just did it to watch the boom. Pretty explosion :3

I kept a save file right before the blast just to see it whenever I wanted xD

Edit: Makes me want to play Fallout New Vegas again. Thanks for the unintentional suggestion ^^
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:05 pm

Yes, Megaton made a pretty boom. I usually keep one or two save games around where I go around being a dick, but that's the exception. I almost always default to good, and will go the extra mile to ensure the well-being and happiness of my virtual buddies. Unless if you're unnamed or have a one-of-a-kind item, which I must steal liberate from you.

And yes, you should be playing F:NV, since Lonesome Road just came out. If you don't have 5 distinct save-games, you aren't playing the game right. NCR all the way, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:30 pm

New Vegas has been the exception for me. In Fallout 3, kotor 1 and 2, and both Mass Effects I have wanted to be evil incarnate. New Vegas however, I felt that being good yielded greater rewards for me in the story and the overall feel of the game. Not quite sure why it worked out that way.
Back to top Go down
UseTheScience
Filly
Filly
UseTheScience

PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:09 am

I always go for max light side on the first run or at least nearly max. I am willing to abuse mind altering force powers to take smug bastards down a peg like in KOTOR where you can counter taunt the sith lady and use the force to get her in trouble with the local authorities. So only deviate from light side when the alternative is really dumb. I'll also exploit loopholes for loot. I decided to apologize to the sand people for disrobing their dead so they would become enraged and attack me so I could kill them all in self-defense, netting me xp, my dragon pearl back, and tons of loot.

Playing evil is much harder since there are so many different ways to be evil. There's chaotic stupid where you just kill everything in sight, which usually costs you sidequests, affection rating, etc. There's also sneaky evil where you do things to increase your power and get people to like you so you can corrupt them. Then there's pointless jerk evil where you go out of your way to help someone, build up their dreams, crush their dreams, rob them, murder their entire family, kick their dog, laugh at them, and then kill them.
Back to top Go down
Dr Nicoltas Rush
Pony
Pony
Dr Nicoltas Rush

PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 am

I don't really try to go for max light, but that usually ends up happening because the dark side options don't typically strike me as rational. Plus there's usually way more light points available than are needed to cap the scale, which cancels out any dark decisions I might make anyway. I'm hoping swtor has a wider scale, or perhaps an elastic one where dark decisions cost more the further you are up the light side. I plan to be perhaps 75% light, with the remaining points spent on antagonizing the council.

At some point I'll probably roll evil just to see the content that I'd otherwise miss, but I usually only do one evil playthrough per game because I find them difficult to relate to. Probably the hardest evil endings for me to get through were the Jade Empire full-on closed fist endings. Making your party your living puppets was so much more disturbing than just killing them would have been. On the plus side, I did get a laugh out of how you could avoid the final boss fight by just agreeing with the villain and teaming up with him. All hail the hero and the glorious strategist!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evilness scale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Ponies :: MLP Friendship is Magic Guild :: General Discussion-