Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS Empty
PostSubject: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:44 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1k9pbo/datamined_pvp_updates_in_24pts_patch/
Spoiler:
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1k786t/sneak_peak_at_24_from_the_pts/
Quote :

I got a tip that a new patch went up on the PTS. I'll have to look at more thoroughly after I get some sleep. But, here's a preview.

Arenas, oricon, and Ranked Season 1 are a go.

Respec'ing is disabled during and while queued for pvp matches. As are combat rezzes and normal rezzes.

Strike Team Oricon/The Dread Executioners are the new rep faction.

Master of Dread, Scare Bear, Judged Dread, Dread War Veteran are new legacy titles.

Warzone Annihilator, Deadly Contender are new titles.

The Droid and Mecha-Rancor from the Community Cantina keychain are
Spoiler:

Varactyl mounts are there, as well as a third creature mount in the earliest stage of implementation. I'll see if I can discover what it is.

And, a new relic: Primary Surge - Healing an ally or performing a damaging attack on an enemy both have a 30% chance to grant 225 of your Primary Stat for <<1>> (not sure on duration) seconds. This effect can only occur once every 40 seconds. It will not trigger inside of PvP areas.

Hopefully, I'll have a full rundown later this week.

Edit: On, a whim I decided to see if there was any class balance changes. It looks like most classes received 1-2 minor ability tweaks, tooltip fixes, or clarifications. The data is still a little garbled up with some npc abilities, so I can't tell you exactly what they all are though. Something was definitely done to Smash/Force Sweep and the Singularity buff though.
Interested in what the changes of some classes are.
Ranked season 1 finally , 3rd creature Razz

Last edited by Shinjiro on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Great, a new proccing relic. People already can't sort out the current relics due to questionable tooltips.

Also, I'm glad this next set of Ops may end the Dread Guard arc, I'm a little tired of them. Do you think the new Ops will be shorter like Explosive Conflict since we're getting two at once?
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 pm

I must say, I infinitely prefer the Serendipitous Assault relic to the one for the Primary stat.

Also, another Rancor Operations boss? Damn, the Dread Masters love Rancors.
Also good to get the others down - as Styrak was apparently the most solitary of the bunch, I'd imagine that we'd get Raptus and the others in the same Op, although I can see one of them guarding the last area of the first Operation.
I sincerely hope we see Raptus unmasked at the end of it all. Not for any reason other than curiosity.

A third animal mount? Hmm. Bantha? Nexu? Hutt?
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 pm

It's their fix for a healer relic.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Derpy wrote:
It's their fix for a healer relic.
That's what I thought, but it seems like a real lazy fix.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:32 am

So why the fuck are they disabling respeccing and combat rezzes in pvp exactly?

I can sort of understand respeccing a little (although it'll make me never pvp on sage again) but combat rez is just retarded considering it has a 3m cooldown anyways.
Next up: equipment disabled in pvp, have fun with naked fistfights!
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:58 am

crazyBE wrote:

I can sort of understand respeccing a little (although it'll make me never pvp on sage again) but combat rez is just retarded considering it has a 3m cooldown anyways.
It's for ranked matches , a Void Star match with the team on defense only have tanks and healers is just plain boring. (for example: team go dps/healer while in attacking side and respec to tank/healer for defending)
Combat rez is most likely due to the debuff of combat rez disappear once you die. So for example: a sage used combat rez, then the whole team die, the scou/commando can use combat rez now -->rinse and repeat.

Overall these are positive changes.

Last edited by Shinjiro on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mstieler
Filly
Filly
mstieler

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 am

Wouldn't the "no respec" thing also combat the "respec macro" crowd?
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:06 am

mstieler wrote:
Wouldn't the "no respec" thing also combat the "respec macro" crowd?
Yes.

Thread updated with more detail about pvp.
With the no respec changes, the skill tree is also locked during wz and maybe while queuing too (can't put skill points in the skill tree).
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:20 am

Shinjiro wrote:
crazyBE wrote:

It's for ranked matches , a Void Star match with the team on defense only have tanks and healers is just plain boring.
Combat rez is most likely due to the debuff of combat rez disappear once you die. So for example: a sage used combat rez, then the whole team die, the scou/commando can use combat rez now -->rinse and repeat.

Some players have also speculated that combat rezzes have been disabled because arena battles will be one death rounds. Combat rez could then cause the match to play as unintended.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Shinjiro wrote:
crazyBE wrote:

It's for ranked matches , a Void Star match with the team on defense only have tanks and healers is just plain boring. (for example: team go dps/healer while in attacking side and respec to tank/healer for defending)

The 3 minute cooldown does NOT reset upon death as far as I know + you only get rezzed at 25%.
Still don't see why they should disable it in reg warzones.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:36 pm

crazyBE wrote:
Shinjiro wrote:
crazyBE wrote:

The 3 minute cooldown does NOT reset upon death as far as I know + you only get rezzed at 25%.
Still don't see why they should disable it in reg warzones.
The timer on the rezzer doesn't reset, but the debuff preventing combat rez being used on you again within combat rezz's normal duration does reset upon death. Also, this is irrelevant, but combat rez reset CD is 5 min and the timer on the debuff is 5 min unless it is different in PvP.

I think it was disabled for regular warzones because it was easier for BW to make it a sweeping change, and this patch is setting objective based warzones to the side for now. You can see this by the dev's announcing that the 8v8 warzones are being removed from ranked queuing altogether due to their dislike of the current matchmaking system.

The Dev post is a good read, but the responses that the PvP dev gave today were really interesting. I'd suggest at least skimming the Dev's responses to player question if you're at all curious about arenas, why some decisions were made, and the current state 8v8 warzones.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=670748
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Not sure about Tacics yet but the Shadow change now allow for tanks to have the heal boost up the whole time (and move it around as needed)

Reduced the cost of Incendiary Round to 16 energy cells (down from 22) and slightly reduced the damage it deals i also a very nice change, it should allow more Ion Pulses, not sure about AP yet.

The 'yet again' change of wz weeklies was not needed.

Not sure about the respecs yet, It will make Huttball annoying.

I've been watching some streams of the Arenas. Gotta gear my Scoundrel.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 pm

The Tactics changes look good on paper, but what really concerns me is Assault. They won't be able to guarantee 100% up-time on the Plasma Cell DOT anymore which will hamper the slowing ability of it in PvP greatly. It also seems like a general damage reduction for PvE as well, but at least their will be less energy issues.

This is inferring that the damage change to Assault Plastique isn't a boost as it sounds like they just moved damage out of the DOT and into the initial blast (again).
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:49 am

Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:13 am

Fluttershy wrote:
The Tactics changes look good on paper, but what really concerns me is Assault. They won't be able to guarantee 100% up-time on the Plasma Cell DOT anymore which will hamper the slowing ability of it in PvP greatly. It also seems like a general damage reduction for PvE as well, but at least their will be less energy issues.

This is inferring that the damage change to Assault Plastique isn't a boost as it sounds like they just moved damage out of the DOT and into the initial blast (again).
Doubt that will be an issue, Stockstrike now has a 100% chance and is thus not just an attack to be used for the higher chance of proc. With full or almost full Assault tree SS+Dot>IP+Dot. The rest of the time you are using Hammer shot (25%), HiB (25%) and IP (45%), the chance that you will not have it up is minimal and even if you can always use a Surge. IR is now lot easier to use and has a burn of its own. AP is probably still piece of shit.

Taking into account the changes to Ionized Ignition I will first try this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMszZfhbrdorfcz.3 (defensive talents are interchangeable)

If Rapid Recharge is still needed: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMbZMsZfhbrdorffz.3

Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS X8reXLJ
Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR68fFq5Ou6nNTmPGK-WOGOVGBNWbIlNXcwpwY4M7eHGnXSUu4n
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Some items for 2.4 have been leaked.

http://pastebin.com/cvLW5MHm

10 more minutes reduced for Quick Travel times will be very useful, especially while leveling. I bet they'll cost an arm and a leg though. I'm also curious to see if the "Advanced Blue Core" color crystals will look or a effect the weapons differently then the current current crystals.
Back to top Go down
mstieler
Filly
Filly
mstieler

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:29 pm

My guess would be it's essentially "Advanced [color]-Blue", but I could always be wrong. Probably am.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 6:00 am

Ship Guild Banks, eh?
Not exactly Guild Ships, but, hey, it's something.

More HK customisations, eh? Surprised that they still haven't made one that makes him look like HK-47. Maybe if they ever introduce Nightmare Flashpoints, that might be a drop from the Foundry...
We can dream, eh?
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:54 am

Listen. Listen... to me now. Listen... to ME now!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mstieler
Filly
Filly
mstieler

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 am

Derpy wrote:
Listen. Listen... to me now. Listen... to ME now!
Spoiler:
Dammit... who got their hentai mixed up in Star Wars?
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Forget Hentai, when did Otto Octavius enter the Star Wars Universe?
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:31 pm

This op quest works a bit differently, fort you have to do the dailies which are pretty easy and with a good story part. Then a Heroic 2+ which can be soloed and only then will you be given the story quest for the ops. It also seems that Gav Daragon does not have a launch bay but after the heroic 2+ you will unlock a speeder. Still have to go to Oricon though (can be done via terminal in hangar bay on the fleet)

Rewards:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS   Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peak at 2.4 from the PTS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Ponies :: SWTOR Discussion :: General Discussion-