Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes Empty
PostSubject: Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes   Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 am

I spent some time, a lot more than I thought, writing up a post on the Sniper boards about possible changes to make Smuggler's Luck and Illegal Mods more useful all around. I encourage you all to head over and contribute to the discussion!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6606096#post6606096
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes   Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:40 am

Fluttershy wrote:
I spent some time, a lot more than I thought, writing up a post on the Sniper boards about possible changes to make Smuggler's Luck and Illegal Mods more useful

Goopy, please. I like my slinger too but there is nothing wrong with Illegal Mods. No point unnecessarily buffing a top dps class where it doesn't need it.

I do agree with smuggler's luck being shit though and like the small boosts in your suggestions (read: DF boost is too much)
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes   Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:10 am

crazyBE wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
I spent some time, a lot more than I thought, writing up a post on the Sniper boards about possible changes to make Smuggler's Luck and Illegal Mods more useful

Goopy, please. I like my slinger too but there is nothing wrong with Illegal Mods. No point unnecessarily buffing a top dps class where it doesn't need it.

I do agree with smuggler's luck being shit though and like the small boosts in your suggestions (read: DF boost is too much)
Like I said in my post, I personally like Illegal Mods/Target Acquired where it is now, but in terms of on-demand burst for PvP encounters I can see it lacking as a level 50 ability.

The Dirty Fighting/Lethality suggestion is a touchy one. I wavered between boosting damage or boosting energy as DF energy can become troublesome, especially when target swapping. I suggested damage as it seemed to build a bit more utility to the spec, but debated between the % and duration. I think it would need to be at least five seconds long, but I could see the boost being reduced even down to 1% which then brings up the point is it then worth it?

I'm hoping people read the DF suggestion and help me pan it out a bit as I feel like 3% looks good on paper, but I can see it being executed perfectly and become devastating with the right group.

EDIT: Now having a few hours between when I posted it, I realized 3% is a gross amount in the grand scheme of things. I reduced my suggested damage output for the DF Smuggler's Luck by half and decreased the duration by a second. Now, it's 1.5% damage for 5 seconds, doesn't look as good for PvPer's but it's important to keep in mind that can be thrown out every minute.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes   Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 am

This class probably doesn't need any buffs until next expac.

Smuggler's Luck is wierd but works well as a press every 60s button and there are more pressing matters to fix.

But at least the suggested changes are just tiny QoL tweaks than significant DPS boosts. For DF maybe rather than increasing damage add survivability.

Bottom line is that the class doesn't need DPS boost.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes   Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:10 pm

Derpy wrote:
This class probably doesn't need any buffs until next expac.

Smuggler's Luck is wierd but works well as a press every 60s button and there are more pressing matters to fix.

But at least the suggested changes are just tiny QoL tweaks than significant DPS boosts. For DF maybe rather than increasing damage add survivability.

Bottom line is that the class doesn't need DPS boost.
I wouldn't expect them to change Smuggler's Luck until next expansion anyway given that it's been ignored since launch. Other classes have far more pressing matters then one of their cooldowns being lackluster, heck even Snipers have more pressing issues in my opinion (e.g. Hybrid being superior to the similar DF tree).

Thanks for the feedback, and that is how I view Smuggler's Luck in the first place. It worked mostly as utility at launch for Sharpshooters so I figure it can work as utility for the other specs as well.

The class doesn't need a DPS boost you're right, and the DF change is a blatant DPS boost. However, I'd like to do to something to help other players rather than just assist survivability or energy (which admitted would be very nice for a DF Gunslinger). My first idea was to make it so the target was less likely to dodge and resist attacks, but in PvE that would be a pretty weak upgrade. Then I also had the thought of reducing the target's damage output or accuracy, but Sentinel burns and Vanguard tanks have the reduced damage covered and Diversion was banned from being used on bosses for a reason. I'll keep recording feedback and if the damage boost just doesn't have a place I'll offer up alternatives.
Back to top Go down
geese
Filly
Filly

PostSubject: Re: Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes   Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:02 pm

a gunslinger asking for buffs is like a fat chick asking for cake
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes   Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:58 pm

geese wrote:
a gunslinger asking for buffs is like a fat chick asking for cake
You would come on here just to make that joke.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes   Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 5:40 pm

I wrote up a revised version of my prior alterations to Smuggler's Luck/Lazed Target. Now with more math!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=675601&page=4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes   Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offensive CDs - Ideas for Changes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Ponies :: SWTOR Discussion :: Class Discussion :: Smuggler|Imperial Agent-