Star Ponies


 
HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Bioware QA and SDCC coverage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:08 am



Last edited by Amorphic on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Redmond, Washington

PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Pretty good QA, the last guy's question was great, and we need more QAs! I hope they do one at PAX Prime so I can pick their brains.

Why did nobody ask about naming in character creation?!!? I need to know so I can snag Fluttershy. Yay~!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Yeah there are a few names that I really want to have.

Did they say preorders get the game in the region of weeks early or just days?
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Redmond, Washington

PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Amorphic wrote:
Yeah there are a few names that I really want to have.

Did they say preorders get the game in the region of weeks early or just days?
They haven't given a defined date for early access. What they did say is that it will be limited though. You can only play so much for a time period. This is so that players don't surpass everyone before the release. I'm speculating that early access will be at least two weeks before launch, but I'm hoping for a month. Either way I'm playing the demo at PAX Prime for sure.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
avatar

Posts : 798
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Rehoboth, MA

PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:47 pm

Quote :
Either way I'm playing the demo at PAX Prime for sure.

Luckily I got in an hour before attendees because I Enforced, but I will tell you this: Get in line as early as you can to get onto that Expo floor and make a bee line for the Bioware booth. The line was an average of 4 to six hours long for most of PAX East. They sit 24 at a time (six teams of four) and each team comprises the four classes for each faction (three Sith, three Republic teams). Luckily, the girl I was in line with wanted to be a Guardian and I wanted to be a Sage, so that worked out. Our Soldier was actually our ranged tank. It was a unique experience.

I love the mouse they let you use, too. At your thumb are 10 small buttons that double as the spots on your hotbar so once you know what is what, you don't have to hit the number keys anymore. I got used to it by the end of the half hour I got to play for (the full demo is 40 minutes or so).

Even if the early play is a week ahead, it'll be worth it. I just can't wait to build me a brandy new lightsaber. Very Happy I hope they let me trick it out with some sweet crystals and let me choose the hilt design. I'm not a huge fan of the double bladed as a Sage (i'd much rather have two individual sabers), but it's certainly not the end of the world. I won't even care so long as i'm playing my Jedi. <3

~D

_________________
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds.



๐ị▔ịị◚◚◚◚◚ịị▔ịị7████████████████████████████████████████
๐ị▔ịị◚◚◚◚◚ịị▔ịị7████████████████████████████████████████
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Redmond, Washington

PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Doombah wrote:
Quote :
Either way I'm playing the demo at PAX Prime for sure.

Luckily I got in an hour before attendees because I Enforced, but I will tell you this: Get in line as early as you can to get onto that Expo floor and make a bee line for the Bioware booth. The line was an average of 4 to six hours long for most of PAX East. They sit 24 at a time (six teams of four) and each team comprises the four classes for each faction (three Sith, three Republic teams). Luckily, the girl I was in line with wanted to be a Guardian and I wanted to be a Sage, so that worked out. Our Soldier was actually our ranged tank. It was a unique experience.

I love the mouse they let you use, too. At your thumb are 10 small buttons that double as the spots on your hotbar so once you know what is what, you don't have to hit the number keys anymore. I got used to it by the end of the half hour I got to play for (the full demo is 40 minutes or so).

Even if the early play is a week ahead, it'll be worth it. I just can't wait to build me a brandy new lightsaber. Very Happy I hope they let me trick it out with some sweet crystals and let me choose the hilt design. I'm not a huge fan of the double bladed as a Sage (i'd much rather have two individual sabers), but it's certainly not the end of the world. I won't even care so long as i'm playing my Jedi. <3

~D
Thanks for the protips! I have been going to PAX Prime since '08, but I usually don't stand in too many lines. Seeing the popularity of TOR, I'm going to have to get a strategy for this one. I hope I get to play Sage! Healer's gonna heal.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2011-06-25
Location : Indianapolis, IN

PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:22 am

I was a bit disappointed in the Q&A. Not because of Bioware, they were awesome. It's just that some of the crowd members were asking really stupid questions. I mean seriously, that guy really didn't know who Satele Shan was?

_________________
"I like phalluses."

- Kaizu
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Redmond, Washington

PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:25 am

BlastingGravy wrote:
I was a bit disappointed in the Q&A. Not because of Bioware, they were awesome. It's just that some of the crowd members were asking really stupid questions. I mean seriously, that guy really didn't know who Satele Shan was?
That and some of those questions could be easily answered by checking the SWTOR forum.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2011-06-25
Location : Indianapolis, IN

PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:00 am

Fluttershy wrote:
BlastingGravy wrote:
I was a bit disappointed in the Q&A. Not because of Bioware, they were awesome. It's just that some of the crowd members were asking really stupid questions. I mean seriously, that guy really didn't know who Satele Shan was?
That and some of those questions could be easily answered by checking the SWTOR forum.
That's precisely why I thought they were so stupid. You should know my motto by now.

_________________
"I like phalluses."

- Kaizu
Back to top Go down
londrieved
Filly
Filly
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 am

A dev post mentioned that a lot of people at those QnA's are being exposed to the game for the first time on the floor there. Not saying they haven't heard of it, but it's the first time they've been exposed to it in such a way that they express interest. Easy to forget the average gamer doesn't dig the web for scraps of news like I unashamedly do.

Also, Fluttershy *fistbump* Healers gonna heal, haters gonna hate.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:50 am

Well the fact that you can play as empire or republic isn't really a small thing. But anyway I'll add some of the darthhater blog posts I just came across.
Back to top Go down
londrieved
Filly
Filly
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Amorphic wrote:
Well the fact that you can play as empire or republic isn't really a small thing. But anyway I'll add some of the darthhater blog posts I just came across.

There's a dev post on that one too. They seemed to think the kid was adorable. I dunno, I haven't watched the QnAs, rarely any new information that I can't hear about in other articles. If they say something new, one of the sites I follow will go nuts on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bioware QA and SDCC coverage   

Back to top Go down
 

Bioware QA and SDCC coverage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

 Similar topics

-
» [NEWS] Chicago Golden Demon Coverage!
» Thundercats SDCC
» SDCC 2011 Reveals
» 2011 SDCC MotuC items revealed!
» Krystal Keep Bungle in the Jungle coverage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Ponies :: SWTOR Discussion :: General Discussion-