2.1: Customisation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

2.1: Customisation Empty
PostSubject: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Upcoming features of note:

Appearance customisation kiosk - allows players to updates their characters, changing everything from the basic cosmetics (hair, eye colour, etc.) to more noticeable features (body type, heck, even species).
The new Cathar species - at long bloody last.
The ability to change the colour of one's armour - quite how this is achieved in-game is yet to be revealed (purchasable paint-cans, drop-down box options, who knows?), but is still a welcome feature.

This update looks to be the best update in terms of character cosmetic design, including many much-needed and requested options.

So, who'll be the first in this guild to claim a Cathar toon by the name of Opalescence? Razz
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:37 pm

I hope I can color my phantom set pink...
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Change in appearance likely to cost CCs, was mention in an earlier interview (no I don't have a link it was ages ago. like last week)
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Derpy wrote:
Change in appearance likely to cost CCs, was mention in an earlier interview (no I don't have a link it was ages ago. like last week)

As the Cathar unlock (account-wide) is 600 for all castes of player, it could well be the case that the other aspects (if purchased with CCs) are far cheaper (especially for something so comparatively minor as colour-changing), if not even serving as another aspect of differentiation between Subscribers and F2Pers, much like "Unify Colours", etc.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Derpy wrote:

They'd be dumb NOT to make it cost CC
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Derpy wrote:
I can second this, I remember seeing it too.

Also, I doubt they'll let you pick and colors that are "immersion breaking," as some players would call it. I can't foresee bright pink being an option on all armor sets, perhaps some but not all.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:22 am

If I can't make my character look like a mufukkin' rainbow, then I quit.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:58 am

As long as they release purple and/or some sort of light blue as part of the initial batch, I'm totally alright with everything. Smiiile!
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Skarkdahn wrote:
As long as they release pink and/or MOAR PINK as part of the initial batch, I'm totally alright with everything. Smiiile!

Lyra wrote:
If I can't make my character look like a mufukkin' cotton candy, then I quit.

I agree.
All jokes aside, I just miss my pink skirt but the slave outfit to get it that way was starting to annoy me.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:24 am

Cory Butler released more info on 2.1 in a podcast.

http://ootinicast.com/2013/04/dye-modules-in-game-update-2-1/
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Pity that we won't be able to pick and choose two separate colours.
On the other hand, it does mean that the ugly colour combinations like pink and orange (unless applying primary pink dye to the Level 50 Master Striker Chestguard or that one from the Cartel Market) will not be in abundance.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Skarkdahn wrote:
Pity that we won't be able to pick and choose two separate colours.
On the other hand, it does mean that the ugly colour combinations like pink and orange (unless applying primary pink dye to the Level 50 Master Striker Chestguard or that one from the Cartel Market) will not be in abundance.

Slave girl top gives the elegant dress Pink+Yellow and looks good.
Pink+orange wouldn't be that different
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:49 am

2.1: Customisation 2RwLcbk
Looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:54 am

Collections
http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates
Quote :
COLLECTIONS INTERFACE

Track all of your Cartel Market items that are part of a collection, including items you haven’t yet obtained, with the new Collections Interface! You can individually purchase the ability to share each Cartel Market item you’ve collected across every Character on your account. The amount of Cartel Coins required will vary per item.

To access the Collections Interface, visit the Cartel Market and click on the “Collections” button at the top right hand corner.

More detail: http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

I think I found something to spend my monthly cartel coins.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Holy fuck that's amazing

Also good to see more examples of color dyes on the SWtOR page

Also Character, Legacy and Guild renames free once for subscribers? At long bloody last

International server transfers Bioware plzkthnxbai
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Shinjiro wrote:
Collections
http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates
Quote :
COLLECTIONS INTERFACE

Track all of your Cartel Market items that are part of a collection, including items you haven’t yet obtained, with the new Collections Interface! You can individually purchase the ability to share each Cartel Market item you’ve collected across every Character on your account. The amount of Cartel Coins required will vary per item.

To access the Collections Interface, visit the Cartel Market and click on the “Collections” button at the top right hand corner.

More detail: http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

I think I found something to spend my monthly cartel coins.

Well guess I'll be copying my Relaxed Jumpsuit + Rascal's Toothpick and Phantom set(new not classic) on all my toons
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Skarkdahn wrote:
Holy fuck that's amazing

Also good to see more examples of color dyes on the SWtOR page

Also Character, Legacy and Guild renames free once for subscribers? At long bloody last

International server transfers Bioware plzkthnxbai

(Srr for double posting; too lazy to copy-paste the quote)

Nice. Got kinda tired of all my princess names so I'll be renaming all of them to actual names instead.

And yes...I want those server transfers as well, just don't feel like getting an imp to 55 on my slinger's server :'(
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:44 pm

As cool as Collections sounds, I'd still prefer some quality of life updates over more ways to spend Cartel Coins. Hopefully, 2.2 will be "All the shit we should have done to make the game nicer" and 2.3 will be "REally easy shit that we promised but keep avoiding."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2.1: Customisation   2.1: Customisation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2.1: Customisation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top