View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

2.0 What are you excited for most? Empty
PostSubject: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Looking at SWTOR's site today I realized that early access is only a few days away, and with it will come a ton of changes to the game. It also made me realize I haven't asked anyone what they're most excited for?

I'm most excited for seeing all the new class changes and what BioWare changed between closing the PTS and letting 2.0 hit live. However, this is tied with getting to exploring Makeb and seeing what trouble I can get myself into.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:36 pm

A new planet will be refreshing. I'm going to take my time (relatively, of course) and take Dhoom'bah through it so he'll be my first 55 and I can tank whatever the guildies need.

I'm still really hoping they have a surprise or two up their sleeves they haven't revealed yet. Like, some new feature or FP/WZ/Op they haven't announced that will just suddenly be there.

Or, Celestia forbid, new story content for each class.

~D
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm looking forward to people wanting to do Ops again, and tanks being viable in PvP.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:05 am

Legacy achievements.
I love things like that :3

Now to find some free time where I'm not playing monster hunter...
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:31 am

Looking forward to playing SW:ToR for more than 10 minutes before wanting to do something else.

Also: Justifying paying $15 a month.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Firstly, seeing the old and boring content refreshed for the new levels - increased difficulties make more familiar things much more fun and interesting. This also includes the Operations - looking forward to finally having a chance to get some proper Dread Guard gear for a change.
Secondly, the conversion of commendations. Heck, Ziodus, who will officially become my main character as soon as Tuesday brings what we all want, will be in full Campaign (save for one Columi Relic and a Rakata earpiece) with some DG pieces (Relic - belt and bracers already with 63-level armourings) due to the amount of stuff stored across several of my characters. Selfish reason, yeah, I know. But hey.
Thirdly, the new content. Of course, S&V is gonna be a long time away for me, but I hope to visit Makeb at least once this next month - no telling, sadly, however.

Curious to see how hey handle fresh-50s in the expansion with the removal of Tionese, Columi and Rakata gear.
Not looking forward to the changes in terms of Vanguard tanking gear or skill-trees, though I doubt Kira will see much use in the Expansion.

Here's hoping it's worth the money and the wait.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Force Barrier
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:01 pm

As an added question: What character will you be leveling to 55 first?

I think I'll go Shadow(Pve) -> Scoundrel(PvP dailies) + Gunslinger(Pve) -> everything else.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:17 pm

crazyBE wrote:

I think I'll go Shadow(Pve) -> Scoundrel(PvP dailies) + Gunslinger(Pve) -> everything else.
I'm going based on what I think the guild will need for Ops.

Goopy (DPS) > Angelfluttershy (Healer) > Lick'my (Tank) > Tangy (DPS) + Glossy (Healer) using PvP
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:03 pm

I think I'll probably maybe most likely level Pinkie first. I think.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:44 pm

crazyBE wrote:

Sage (main pub raid/PvP) - Juggernaut (main imp raid/possibly PvP with new bolster) - Vanguard (secondary raid) - Scoundrel (secondary raid/PvP) - Sentinel (not even 50 will be secondary raid/PvP)
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:10 pm

crazyBE wrote:

Ooh, good question.

Ziodus will be the character I'll get up first, as he's the one who, by the end of Tuesday, will be best prepared for content on and beyond Makeb, as he will be in at least full Campaign. Kira, who still has some Rakata and Columi in a midst of Black Hole gear, will be after him. Then Lackey, who is now a DPS as opposed to a healer as he was before, and is in a mixture of Black Hole, Rakata, Columi, Tionese and Recruit PvP Mk1 (relics only) gear.
After Lackey, it will probably be Vorilakor, who is the closest to 50 of any of my other characters. As I've recently rediscovered my Jedi Guardian's PvE tanking prowess (although I still cannot hack PvP on him...), he'll probably be my next one - I need the Jedi Knight legacy buff, anyway, and I despise the Imperial levelling process compared to Republic, so my Juggernaut won't be seeing much action on that front.

Reason for my order? Of the 50s, mostly gear-level, but also in order of enjoyment and flexibility. For example, I really, really enjoy Lackey's DPS, but due to his constant need to be behind a target, he really is not as flexible for difficult enemies (such as the Infernal Council fight in EV), unlike Kira and Ziodus. I've thoroughly enjoyed finally having a Commando at level 50 (took four bloody troopers to get there!), and after I-don't-know-how-long of tenuous tanking, I've enjoyed just sitting back and comfortably learning how to engage in the fights Kira wouldn't otherwise have made. I'm also looking forward to doing more of the same when Zio's at 55 and I have time to go raiding again. Hopefully, this time, I'll be able to contribute effectively...
For the other characters, it's mainly how close they are to 50. I have deliberately left out my Sniper from TTOFN in the Europe servers because I mainly created her to explore the possibility of a later transfer, something which, due to a vastly more manageable connection to the server on which this guild is based, is no longer sought.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 pm

@ Skardahn

Yeah, tanking isn't for everyone, while there is no set rule, it helps if the tanks can lead the raid. If you do still want to tank Pinkie and I are willing to help (just don't ask about Shadows) but unless you are comfortable with keeping one eye on the group there isn't much we can do. Adaptability and and crisis management are great assets for any raider but twice as important to any good tank.

On the other hand a Grav round spammer will usually get a raid spot if he can pull the numbers. RDPS is also the easiest role to observe the raid on and learn the perks (safe for healers in low healing intensive fights).

@ Luna

You gonna join us or stay on EU?

@ Pinkie
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Derpy wrote:

@ Luna

Both?
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:00 am

crazyBE wrote:
Derpy wrote:

@ Luna

Both?

2.0 What are you excited for most? 3qqm4h
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:20 am

@#@%#$# Final
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 3:00 am

Shinjiro wrote:
@#@%#$# Final
Indeed, it is live.

25 credits says we see ten people claim "world first" on obtaining level 55 by the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Slugfest
Filly
Filly
Slugfest

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 pm

-New planet, new scenery.
-New OP!!!!!
-Hitting tightly packed mobs with Twin Saber Throw (giggles manically....) Twisted Evil
-Leveling all of my 50's along with their subsequent crafting skills (wait, you said EXCITED about.... Shocked )
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:27 pm

crazyBE wrote:

Changing it to:

Finish Makeb story, get bored, replay Dark Souls and Final Fantasy X for the 20th time while still having fun

Might still go to 55 depending on the time you place S&V. But by next week my sub is gone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Probably not going to be playing this game again.

Like the probability that I'll ever get a character past level 50 is basically 0 so you can remove me as an officer if you like.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 pm

crazyBE wrote:
Changing it to:

Finish Makeb story, get bored, replay Dark Souls and Final Fantasy X for the 20th time while still having fun

Might still go to 55 depending on the time you place S&V. But by next week my sub is gone
Amorphic wrote:

Like the probability that I'll ever get a character past level 50 is basically 0 so you can remove me as an officer if you like.

Understandable, it was nice having you guys around while it was still fun for you. We'll keep playing Steam games from time to time so if you see us in L4D2 or something feel free to join.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:11 am

It was great knowing and seeing you guys in-game, and, although it's a shame that the game isn't quite your 'cup of tea' anymore, I hope that you had fun while your time lasted; I can quite understand exactly why one mightn't want to keep playing - all things, good and bad, must come to an end at some point, right?

On another note: I doubt that I'll get any of my other characters beyond 50. Other than properly gearing up Ziodus for level-55 content, my obligations to the game now entail of getting my Jedi Knight beyond chapter 2, for the Legacy buff, and seeing if I can finally get an Imperial class finished. Nothing else matters now, really.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
crazyBE wrote:
Changing it to:

Amorphic wrote:

Understandable, it was nice having you guys around while it was still fun for you. We'll keep playing Steam games from time to time so if you see us in L4D2 or something feel free to join.

ToR really isn't for everyone in the long term, and that is totally understandable. I would have quit myself long ago if not for the assholes wonderful people in the guild. Smiiile!

Like Shy said, don't be strangers. Feel free to come into Mumble and hang out if you are ever bored, and play some other games with us if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:58 pm

Bolster is amazing

Naked:
2.0 What are you excited for most? Z0na3bH

Empty Shells (may only work with adaptive gear):
2.0 What are you excited for most? Ccnet8R
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Lyra wrote:

ToR really isn't for everyone in the long term, and that is totally understandable. I would have quit myself long ago if not for the assholes wonderful people in the guild. Smiiile!

Like Shy said, don't be strangers. Feel free to come into Mumble and hang out if you are ever bored, and play some other games with us if you'd like.

Not ToR, MMOs in general. I still haven't touched GW2 since reaching ~59.
The difference was that ToR has interesting class stories.
Makeb has none. I don't feel like doing the same things 6 times.

And naked, unbalanced PvP didn't look interesting (there are matches where you die in 5 seconds every single time. Fairly certain bolster is making people do even crazier things than just the +300MS from naked).

Gave it another shot today leveling with Cloud hoping it was just the healing scoundrel that bored me.
It wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2.0 What are you excited for most?   2.0 What are you excited for most? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2.0 What are you excited for most?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Ponies :: SWTOR Discussion :: General Discussion-