Star Ponies


 
HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 [PTS] 2.0 Builds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Redmond, Washington

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:33 pm

So Dres, why pass up on Riot Augs? I know this build passes on AP and the 6% to Stockstrike isn't great, but the 6% to Incendiary Round could prove beneficial. While you do have to grab Electro Shield, I don't find it that bad of an ability. True it's very situational, but if people don't like it there's always an endurance buff. Razz

Here is the build I have been tooling with for Assault: 8/6/32

Also, why'd you take Tactical Tools over Power Armor? More Pulse Cannon is cool but Hyper Assault Cell in the Assault tree makes Explosive Surge better for an off-hand AOE. The only situation I see Tactical Tools handy for is when there are a ton of adds present for longer than 30 seconds.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Derpy
Mane
avatar

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2011-10-10
Location : England, Russia or Czech

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
So Dres, why pass up on Riot Augs? I know this build passes on AP and the 6% to Stockstrike isn't great, but the 6% to Incendiary Round could prove beneficial. While you do have to grab Electro Shield, I don't find it that bad of an ability. True it's very situational, but if people don't like it there's always an endurance buff. Razz

Here is the build I have been tooling with for Assault: 8/6/32

Also, why'd you take Tactical Tools over Power Armor? More Pulse Cannon is cool but Hyper Assault Cell in the Assault tree makes Explosive Surge better for an off-hand AOE. The only situation I see Tactical Tools handy for is when there are a ton of adds present for longer than 30 seconds.

Most of the points in the bottom of tactics were just put in randomly, The whole Hybrid depends on how much I am losing with not taking Riot Augs and gaining by taking Gut. I haven't had time to test it. The two builds with Triumph and Combat Tactics probably will not work either, they were just interesting ideas I had after logging off. The only problem is that a critted AP pretty much beats anything gained from either build but non-critted AP is worse than everything (even in 36 assault build). Obviously it is possible to just not bother with Gut and go with the 8 pts in SS and 6-8 in Tactics. I will try different builds later but I am busy with exams now. Your idea for the 8/6/32 was the same as my Gutless version of 1.7 build.

From the numbers above you can see that he difference between a non-critted IR+DoT is about 200 dmg and I am gaining that back in IP+DoT and much more with Gut (which replaces AP). The real stumbling point may in fact be rapid recharge as Assault is already pretty resource taxing (i.e. gotta be careful). Also the bonuses to IR from Assault trooper and Burnout will have an effect on the viability of that build.

The Sage hybrid probably will not work either but it is a good build for AoE intensive fights. I need to play with it more but atm it seems that Full balance or the current hybrd (12 pts in TK) will be the highest DPS builds (not just my testing).

_________________
Victory and a Muffin!
Rule 34(b) of the Interwebz: If it exists, there is a pony of it.

Derpyn, Toughen, Bluffin, Roughen, Flithy-rich, Ironwill, Timberwulf, Ahuizotl
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Redmond, Washington

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:27 am

Derpy wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
So Dres, why pass up on Riot Augs? I know this build passes on AP and the 6% to Stockstrike isn't great, but the 6% to Incendiary Round could prove beneficial. While you do have to grab Electro Shield, I don't find it that bad of an ability. True it's very situational, but if people don't like it there's always an endurance buff. Razz

Here is the build I have been tooling with for Assault: 8/6/32

Also, why'd you take Tactical Tools over Power Armor? More Pulse Cannon is cool but Hyper Assault Cell in the Assault tree makes Explosive Surge better for an off-hand AOE. The only situation I see Tactical Tools handy for is when there are a ton of adds present for longer than 30 seconds.

Most of the points in the bottom of tactics were just put in randomly, The whole Hybrid depends on how much I am losing with not taking Riot Augs and gaining by taking Gut. I haven't had time to test it. The two builds with Triumph and Combat Tactics probably will not work either, they were just interesting ideas I had after logging off. The only problem is that a critted AP pretty much beats anything gained from either build but non-critted AP is worse than everything (even in 36 assault build). Obviously it is possible to just not bother with Gut and go with the 8 pts in SS and 6-8 in Tactics. I will try different builds later but I am busy with exams now. Your idea for the 8/6/32 was the same as my Gutless version of 1.7 build.

From the numbers above you can see that he difference between a non-critted IR+DoT is about 200 dmg and I am gaining that back in IP+DoT and much more with Gut (which replaces AP). The real stumbling point may in fact be rapid recharge as Assault is already pretty resource taxing (i.e. gotta be careful). Also the bonuses to IR from Assault trooper and Burnout will have an effect on the viability of that build.
Sounds like it will depend on how the stats scale in the final product. If critical rating and main stat remain in their current form, AP probably won't be worth getting.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Derpy
Mane
avatar

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2011-10-10
Location : England, Russia or Czech

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 am

Did some more testing on Vanguards and found out the following (no yet a full parse, reasons explained bellow)

-AP is just not worth it, only does any good damage when crits and it is more likely that the dots will do more damage if even half of them crit.
-Gut will do on average more damage than AP
-The problem with using either Gut or AP is ammo, provided that HiB does not proc every 6 seconds I kept getting into too low ammo and had to HS 2-3 times in a row (why I didn't bother parsing it)

The old rotation still works well and since 3 points in Overcharged Cell Capacitor have the same effect on IR as Riot Augs, the only real loss is 6% damage on stockstrike and instead a gain of 3% Aim/3% HiB damage over the 4/6/36 build when going with 8/6/32. Adrenaline Fueled is also lost but that is not relevant for PvE, especially with the change to AR. 8/8/30 is also a possibility trading the alacrity and cell cds for 6% increase to IP.

For now I am abandoning the idea of replacing AP with Gut. In 2.0 Assault should still limit itself to HS, IP, IR, SS and HiB, any other attacks are just too much of a hit to ammo and thus not very viable.

What I was surprised with was the viability of 0/21/25. Through testing it is clear that the bonuses of Triumph and Rain of Fire stack. With the exception of the first almost every HiB is a crit (as well as free, on what is essentially 6s cd and generates 8 cells). The occasional free Stockstrike also seems to make up for the ammo problems allowing spare ammo for Gut. I will play with this more and parse it in comparison with the 8/6/32.

EDIT: In a really quick parse the hybrid does more. More testing needed but it looks interesting to say the least.

_________________
Victory and a Muffin!
Rule 34(b) of the Interwebz: If it exists, there is a pony of it.

Derpyn, Toughen, Bluffin, Roughen, Flithy-rich, Ironwill, Timberwulf, Ahuizotl
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
avatar

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2011-10-10
Location : England, Russia or Czech

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:13 pm

With the change to ship dummies we can finally have some parses going.

Sage (multiple builds) cca 2400

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5927926

_________________
Victory and a Muffin!
Rule 34(b) of the Interwebz: If it exists, there is a pony of it.

Derpyn, Toughen, Bluffin, Roughen, Flithy-rich, Ironwill, Timberwulf, Ahuizotl
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Redmond, Washington

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:06 pm

People are reporting 3k on the 55 dummy as Vanguard and PT hybrid, but I really question the authenticity of the parse.

bbare's 3k DPS

I even have to question the Sniper and Gunslinger parses I'm seeing as I don't see it hitting much over 2.7k in a hybrid without outside help (someone stacking armor debuffs for them).

Boarder's 2777DPS

Obviously, they are using well itemized gear, nano-infused stim and adrenals, and most likely augmented gear.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Derpy
Mane
avatar

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2011-10-10
Location : England, Russia or Czech

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
People are reporting 3k on the 55 dummy as Vanguard and PT hybrid, but I really question the authenticity of the parse.

bbare's 3k DPS

There is nothing glaringly obvious in there, his non boosted damage is about the same as in my tests and he is clearly using 0/21/25 or something similar. It is also clearly the ship dummy (due to name) and it is the level 55 version (resist chance). Timing also checks out, the only thing that is iffy is the sparity of Rapid Shots, I can't seem to keep up enough ammo without using more but that could just be a rotation issue. I would like to see his stats.

Provided it is legit I must say well do BW well done, not OP at all.

_________________
Victory and a Muffin!
Rule 34(b) of the Interwebz: If it exists, there is a pony of it.

Derpyn, Toughen, Bluffin, Roughen, Flithy-rich, Ironwill, Timberwulf, Ahuizotl
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Redmond, Washington

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Derpy wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
People are reporting 3k on the 55 dummy as Vanguard and PT hybrid, but I really question the authenticity of the parse.

bbare's 3k DPS

There is nothing glaringly obvious in there, his non boosted damage is about the same as in my tests and he is clearly using 0/21/25 or something similar. It is also clearly the ship dummy (due to name) and it is the level 55 version (resist chance). Timing also checks out, the only thing that is iffy is the sparity of Rapid Shots, I can't seem to keep up enough ammo without using more but that could just be a rotation issue. I would like to see his stats.

Provided it is legit I must say well do BW well done, not OP at all.
I'm just surprised to see that kind of damage on the 55, especially from a Vanguard hybrid, but it shouldn't be that surprising considering they get auto-crit HiB so they can just stack power and surge for the most part.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Derpy
Mane
avatar

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2011-10-10
Location : England, Russia or Czech

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Herp Derp

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=606110

Remember seeing 2200 for Scoundrels. will try to fish for it.

EDIT: NVM some 1 posted a 2500 Scrapper.

_________________
Victory and a Muffin!
Rule 34(b) of the Interwebz: If it exists, there is a pony of it.

Derpyn, Toughen, Bluffin, Roughen, Flithy-rich, Ironwill, Timberwulf, Ahuizotl
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Redmond, Washington

PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Just a heads up, Swtor-Spy's 2.0 trees have a few errors and haven't been updated to the PTS patch on March 1st.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [PTS] 2.0 Builds   

Back to top Go down
 

[PTS] 2.0 Builds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

 Similar topics

-
» Class builds- with pictures
» Skorponok's Minecraft builds
» LEts hear some good custom builds
» Eldar/ dark eldar builds
» Car builds and tunes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Ponies :: SWTOR Discussion :: Class Discussion-