Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader Empty
PostSubject: Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader   Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:53 pm

This is a video that a friend of mine posted on my FB wall. Not bad. The costumes, props and fights were pretty well done. And the outcome is correct in my eyes.

The only thing I have wrong with it is that Vader can't use Force Lightning. He's clearly a Juggernaut. :p

But really, Palpatine made Vader's suit so that it would conduct Force Lightning really well so that if he ever got out of line, Palps could just put him down. He can't USE it because his arms are cybernetic.

~D
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader   Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 pm

That thread title!

Also it is pretty difficult to act as HC, that stone expression. Almost as hard as trying to replicate the voice acting from Maelstrom Prison.

Funny that Vader can still choke without hands.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader   Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Derpy wrote:

Funny that Vader can still choke without hands.

So, the whole thing with hand movements isn't entirely necessary. It's just a visual cue to let viewers know what's going on.

Here's one of the best moments from Volume II of the Clone Wars cartoon. Anakin has just sabotaged a Techno Union base and freed a bunch of mutated prisoners. Now he's after the leaders.

https://youtu.be/Ucn6GHx1Pdc?t=1m29s

~D
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader   Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Seems right, but it looked like that was Gandalf the Gray. When he shows up in White, Vader better have is arm ready.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader   Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gandalf Vs. Darth Vader

View previous topic View next topic Back to top