Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Update 1.7: Return of the Gree Empty
PostSubject: Update 1.7: Return of the Gree   Update 1.7: Return of the Gree I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:29 pm

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130115

It seems like BioWare is staying right on track, and this new update will be starting a new world event and instituting a "Reputation" system. Looking at the more information page, it confirms that the "Western Shelf" is the "contested area," aka the PvP area. Hopefully, this doesn't mean we'll get spawn camped to hell like the last time they tried to make Ilum work.

To be honest, I'm not that excited for this update. Having this recurring event in the PvP area of Ilum is just begging for trouble. Getting the HK component in the Smuggler's Den was a pain in the ass, imagine doing entire quest lines for this. Let's just say I'll be waiting until I see a low population instance 3/4 appears before hopping into that zone.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Update 1.7: Return of the Gree   Update 1.7: Return of the Gree I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Good to see legacy wide reputation coming. Because my last character will totally not be 50 by the time 1.7 comes out -_-

I hope it's only for stupid crap like in the social vendors.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Update 1.7: Return of the Gree   Update 1.7: Return of the Gree I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Killing Imps? Yes please.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Update 1.7: Return of the Gree   Update 1.7: Return of the Gree I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:45 am

The idea of reputation with factions is good on paper. However...if it's not done right, I think people are going to get super bored, super quickly. If they link it to the dailies going on already, sweet. That'll be great. Maybe throw in a few more quests here and there that you can do the gain rep. Maybe a buff that gives rep while in flashpoints or operations.

There were SO many factions in WoW that it was just getting ridiculous. My Hunter (who was my main) was exalted with 17 different factions. Some of them were crazy (Winterspring Frostsaber Trainers) and others were antiquated (Hydraxian Waterlords). I always felt good when I did it, though.

I'll wait and see how they handle it.

~D
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Update 1.7: Return of the Gree   Update 1.7: Return of the Gree I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:42 am

I am actually really excited for this. I was one of those people like Doombah when I played WoW. I felt great accomplishment from getting rep maxed out. It was a good time waster as well. I am really excited that it will hopefully be PvP inclusive as well. World PvP done right is better than warzones any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Update 1.7: Return of the Gree   Update 1.7: Return of the Gree I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Lyra wrote:
I am really excited that it will hopefully be PvP inclusive as well. World PvP done right is better than warzones any day of the week.
I fully agree, it is far better when done right, but my confidence in BioWare's open-world PvP is low. Now I'm not saying they can't redeem themselves, but I'm always skeptical since they re-tuned Ilum three times before giving up on it.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update 1.7: Return of the Gree   Update 1.7: Return of the Gree I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

View previous topic View next topic Back to top