Guild Theme Song?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be pony related, but would be more on-topic. Let's get the obvious suggestion out of the way.

Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:24 pm

You know, five minutes ago I might have agreed with you, Fluttershy.

But then I watched this:

Why have one song when you can have them all?
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Idk, I am a fan of the Brushie Brushie mix. It is epic enough to work in any video that we may/may not make.

Back to top Go down
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Ooo, theme song. No idea if it fits (I'm half-awake at the time of this posting) but I really like this mix.

Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:54 am

There is simply way too much good music to choose from. I can't want to settle for just one!
Back to top Go down
Ekeli
Colt
Colt
Ekeli

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:07 am

Well I don't know about you guys but I like to party!

... well I'm not allowed to post links...

Last edited by Fluttershy on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed it. If you still have issues PM me.)
Back to top Go down
Crickhollow
Filly
Filly
Crickhollow

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:41 am

The person who did that Brushie mix is really good. Very Happy
I think the Vinyl Scratch theme they did is a bit better though.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:52 pm

This is pretty cool, if we are feeling more formal.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:04 am

BlastingGravy wrote:
This is pretty cool, if we are feeling more formal.

I'm voting for this one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:27 am

A few suggestions, and yes, they're all orchestral or band pieces. These are some of my favorites and some of the best pieces of music out there. Smile

1)Jupiter by Gustav Holst from The Planets Suite. This is the middle of a seven movement suite composed by Holst in the early part of the 20th century. Check out the Wikipedia article on the suite and it's considered to be one of the greatest masterpieces of the 20th century. Holst himself adapted the melody of the central section of Jupiter (from 2:54-4:39) in 1921 to fit the metre of a poem beginning "I vow to thee, my country". As a hymn tune it has the title Thaxted, after the town in Essex where Holst lived for many years. This was Princess Diana's favorite hymn and was sung by all in attendance at her funeral.

2)To Tame The Perilous Skies by David Holsinger. It's long. No doubt. Even if we clipped out a part of it and only used the last like, 3 minutes I think it would be awesome. I made this video just now for this sole purpose. Very Happy P.S. It starts off REALLY soft, but really starts to build after about the two minute mark.

Those are my suggestions and I feel they'd class up the joint a bit as it were.

~D
Back to top Go down
SilverstarStreak
Filly
Filly
SilverstarStreak

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:20 am

Let's see here. I have a few in my pony music folder (although most simply use the show for inspiration. Or Luna. Mostly Luna actually):

If you want old school fanfare type music:

If you want something that makes you think of the wonders of space and the galaxy (but mayhaps be a bit sad-sounding for a guild song):

If you want something that does about the same as above except turns into something more epic about a minute in:

If you like music that sounds rather awesome and sort of switches from sad to triumphant sounding:

If you like Octavia and RPG-like boss music:

Doombah wrote:
Jupiter by Gustav Holst from The Planets Suite

Or this. This is epic.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:43 pm

I'm seeing some really great suggestions. When I saw Jupiter I was like "Super, more from The Planets..." That's my band kid mentality though. They are such a famous arrangement I've just heard each one numerous times in and outside of class and I have preformed Mars with three different groups. I love them, but directors beat them to death into their students XD. I wouldn't mind using Jupiter though, like I said, they are still fantastic arrangements.

Silverstar just bulleted a pretty epic list too I have to say!
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:01 pm

I've been in love with The Planets for the past like, 15 years ever since I first heard it in high school. I know a lot of marching bands have used Mars, Jupiter and Mercury for field shows and people have played them in their bands. I've heard The American Band play Jupiter and while I love the piece, it is just half it's potency without strings. I'm not a fan of strings, really. Example:

Q: What's the difference between a bunch of bulls and an orchestra?

A: On the bulls, the horns are in the front and the a**holes are in the rear!

Very Happy

My college has a listening library with a CRAPLOAD of old LP's. I sat down and listened to The Planets being conducted by Leopold Stokowski with the lights out and it...was...AWESOME! SO awesome!

I feel that Jupiter has an elegance and conveys a message to those that would hear it. Once the game is out, we need to get some footage and make a video of guildies to the song as a promotional video of sorts. It can be epic views and space flight and all that good stuff. Smile

~D
Back to top Go down
Ekeli
Colt
Colt
Ekeli

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:51 am

Here's a more serious entry.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Found it.

Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Colt
Colt
Twilight Sparkle

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Hey, whats going on?
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:31 am

Fluttershy wrote:
Found it.

...there aren't even words for this.

~D
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:36 am

I'm thinkin' Nyan Cat

Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:14 am

Well, I'm seeing a lot of great music so far. I will add this for fun:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Theme Song? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Theme Song?   Guild Theme Song? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Theme Song?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top