Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Again, this thread is more about outlining the strategy our guild uses rather than an overall strategy guide. See Dulfy or ToR forums for those.

Toth and Zorn (with guild video)

Spoiler:

Firebrand and Stromcaller (with guild video)
Spoiler:

Colonel Vorgath (with guild video, including a nice view of a rock)
Spoiler:

Warlord Kephess
Spoiler:

Last edited by Derpy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm

That Fire+Storm Strat still seems risky, especially if you don't have a Sage DPS. I guess it's better to try something that has succeeded though.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
That Fire+Storm Strat still seems risky, especially if you don't have a Sage DPS. I guess it's better to try something that has succeeded though.

* Slinger has defense screen and dodge to survive long enough to walk to the shield every time.

The only problem is having 2 mandos because Reactive Shield has such a long cd.
However:
* Getting hit by the missile barrage once or twice isn't going to kill you tbh.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 am

Well that is a moot point and the whole reason why the Fire RDPS goes onto Firebrand after taking the DD. That way he is in place to get knocked back into the shield as they would on HM. This is different from the video.

Last edited by Derpy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 am

crazyBE wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:

* Slinger has defense screen and dodge to survive long enough to walk to the shield every time.

However:
It is if Dres is healing. Oh no!
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:23 am

Fluttershy wrote:
crazyBE wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:

However:
It is if Dres is healing. Oh no!

Bitch I could outheal you if you were using Salvation on 8 by single target healing.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Strats for Tanks and Vorgath updated as per our successful run.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 am

EDIT2: just read how you said this is guild strat and not overall strat oops Oh you!
Anyways gonna keep this here in case it would be useful to someone

Something you missed about Kephess which I noticed in the vid: the person with Breath of the Masters debuff gets pulled towards Kephess after the second purple circle.

EDIT:
*Need 1 tank further than 8(?)m away from pulsar droids or they'll do an AoE attack.
(which is why in your vid the tank was standing so far away

*After the leap Kephess now pulls the person towards him and put on the bleed. This means that it is important to taunt before he lands.

*Gift of the Master does a lot weaker pulsing damage now.

*Kephess gets a buff whenever someone dies. At 2 stacks he 1 shots everyone (so say goodbye to stealth rezzing ^^)

Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 am

The main reason why there isn't anything on Kephess is because we didn't really get to him. Our tactic was also 'let's just throw ourselves at it and see what happens'. We decided to finish up HM TFB instead (which made for a nice relaxing fight after the 4 hours of NiM EC)

I do like some of the strategies in that vid so we will probably follow it. We always had a tank standing away from the group so we can just adopt old tactics. I know Pinkie used to stand quite close, personally I like to stand at the edge of the pulsing AoE when tanking. We can easily move the tank further back if needed.

Overall I would highly encourage all of our raiders to watch that video, I will also replace it with the one in OP.

I see in the future the hardest part of running ops will be remembering what strategy applies to which difficulty. It is already annoying between HM and SM.

Funnily enough, our ultimate success in this op requires us to refine T&Z and F&S so they take less time, giving us time to try at Kephess. We can also spread the op over two days.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 4:50 am

Looks like we may not be able to get through the Trandoshan phase with 3 meele Dps.
Also did we ever use Rescue to pull the person who's doing the Luke Skywalker's style on the walker?
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:37 am

Shinjiro wrote:
Looks like we may not be able to get through the Trandoshan phase with 3 meele Dps.
Also did we ever use Rescue to pull the person who's doing the Luke Skywalker's style on the walker?

I don't see why 3 melee would matter. They let the mobs run to them and then AoE them. Vanguard has a ton of AoE as does Scoundrel.
Ofc your group probably consists of 2 sents and a shadow...who all 3 have crap AoE Why would you?

And yes we did do the sage rescue technique whenever Shy or Dres was in there.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 am

crazyBE wrote:
Shinjiro wrote:

I don't see why 3 melee would matter. They let the mobs run to them and then AoE them. Vanguard has a ton of AoE as does Scoundrel.
Ofc your group probably consists of 2 sents and a shadow...who all 3 have crap AoE Why would you?

And yes we did do the sage rescue technique whenever Shy or Dres was in there.
However, we have two Vanguard tanks and a Gunslinger who have some of the best AOEs. If we have trouble clearing the Trandos I'll respec to sab and burn through them. I haven't gotten my Sab rotation to match Dirty or Sharpshooter's single-target DPS, but it isn't far behind and its enhanced burst would be nice for the Walker (that is if I don't have to carry the bomb up).
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:18 am

Also I can just drop a Salvation and Force Quake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 am

"During the minefield encounter in Nightmare Mode, the imperial demolitions probe now utilizes overload knockback as intended" Sad

Also they really, REALLY want people to go to outlaw's den.
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 am

I didn't find interrupting overload really hard or anything unless they reduce its cast time from 1.5s to 1s like the droid in Kephess fight.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:15 pm

What the patch was REALLY about.

Joventh Gonzales wrote:
Hey folks, I spoke to designers Toby McCall and Jesse Sky and this is what they had to say about this:

When Nightmare Mode was released, Overload had no activation time, but its ballistic component was not working (which meant Overload could be completely ignored). We corrected this in the patch. In Nightmare Mode, the optimal path will always appear on either the left or the right wall, so a wall will always be available for tanking the demolitions probes.

So ye Overload cannot be interrupted and if we get the right path we are pretty much gonna hit enrage.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Derpy wrote:
What the patch was REALLY about.

Joventh Gonzales wrote:
Hey folks, I spoke to designers Toby McCall and Jesse Sky and this is what they had to say about this:

When Nightmare Mode was released, Overload had no activation time, but its ballistic component was not working (which meant Overload could be completely ignored). We corrected this in the patch. In Nightmare Mode, the optimal path will always appear on either the left or the right wall, so a wall will always be available for tanking the demolitions probes.

So ye Overload cannot be interrupted and if we get the right path we are pretty much gonna hit enrage.
Great design plan, two thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:38 am

That whole 'tank them behind the walker' strat was just kinda convoluted and confusing so here is 2 others.

-They both require that someone (most likely a DPS with easy rotation that doesn't stare at his cds) needs to be calling out where the saturation fire will hit. The walker does not reset and will just sweep left and right.
-A DPS with good AoE abilities is VERY advantageous.
-Healers should pretty much stack up with the group where they want the Trenchcutters to be in case they steal aggro.

1. Tank 1 Warrior per pack as per my initial strategy.

From the run it seemed that the Trenchcutters will spawn with aggro on one of the tanks. When we figure out which tank that is (may need a wipe), have the other tank taunt 1 Warrior and tank him at the side (see video below). The rest of the group sticks with the aggroed tank, bursts their Warrior, kills as many Trandoshans as possible and gets ready for the next group.

2. The Silver Order TM 'Just fucking kill everything tactic'.

Essentially just Bursting the warriors down. After they are dead the AoE part of the group hangs back to kill the remaining Trenchcutters while 1 tank and the burst part of the group split and chase down the second group, quickly dispatching the Warriors.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 am

I vote for the 2nd option.
Holy shit does that look clinical.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Our main problem was that all of our DPS were single-target stompers and had hardly any AOE. You know what that means, Pyromaniac Goopy is a go! Le Flour!
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Our main problem was that all of our DPS were single-target stompers and had hardly any AOE. You know what that means, Pyromaniac Goopy is a go! Le Flour!

That's why i suggested taking Shin'k,he's geared(most 61,some 63,barrel 27).
I also vote for the 2nd option.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 7:53 pm

T&Z and F&S now have video with our tactics in them.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Someone posted a guide on NiM Kephess, and their Warrior strategy is really creative.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5576419#post5576419
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Someone posted a guide on NiM Kephess, and their Warrior strategy is really creative.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5576419#post5576419

That is exactly what we were trying the first time, only much better explained. I would add it to the list but I think we ought to try the SO strategy first.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 am

Here is a video of So's Title Run. Still the same strat but a different and clearer PoV.

Title is Warstalker.

Explosive would have been better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy   Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightmare Explosive Conflict Strategy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top