View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

Free to Play information - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Interesting to note that Legacy perks can be bought with Cartel Coins, at a maximum of 900 (GTN termin on ship and one other) with an average of ~250 CC per perk for the rest of them.

Of course, many people will be tee'd off that they've spent millions when they could have spent nothing but Cartel Coins.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:14 am

Skarkdahn wrote:
Interesting to note that Legacy perks can be bought with Cartel Coins, at a maximum of 900 (GTN termin on ship and one other) with an average of ~250 CC per perk for the rest of them.

Of course, many people will be tee'd off that they've spent millions when they could have spent nothing but Cartel Coins.

There already are many on the forums. I just laugh at that, credits are so easy to get in this game and after 50 all you really spend them on is min-maxing gear, changing appearance and repair bills. Send the rest to your alts. I suppose it is nice to new players without legacy unlocks but I would rather spend my CCs on the cosmetic stuff.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Derpy wrote:
Skarkdahn wrote:

There already are many on the forums. I just laugh at that, credits are so easy to get in this game and after 50 all you really spend them on is min-maxing gear, changing appearance and repair bills. Send the rest to your alts. I suppose it is nice to new players without legacy unlocks but I would rather spend my CCs on the cosmetic stuff.

I'm too lazy to farm money though =p
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm

crazyBE wrote:
Derpy wrote:
Skarkdahn wrote:

I'm too lazy to farm money though =p

I got half a mil this week just by doing some OPs and FPs
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Well, look at ye with your credits. :p

I'll prolly never get close to a million creds with any of my characters, so I'll take convenience over cosmetics anyway. Besides, I wouldn't really find a use for most of the cosmetics - I rarely use pets, don't think the mask of Nihilus would suit any endgame gear for most classes and would prolly become hidden, and I don't need a garage full of vehicles. The only ones I would willingly use are the throne and possibly the Malgus statue for Imperial characters. I'd probably use the new +41 crystals at level 10 for all gun-toting characters, given that I really don't think they would work for lightsaber blades.

Everything else would be nice, but I don't think I would ever put them to use.

Besides, I could buy cosmetic packs at any time once my CC amount gets high enough, so why not buy what I think I'd definitely need first to get those out the way?

Edit: I know for sure that I'll be spending at least 577 CC on the first day for the legacy rocket boost and QT cooldowns. That leaves a comfortable amount with which to buy at least one Crime Lord pack for good measure, just to see what I get that may be useful (admittedly I could definitely use a vehicle which changes its speed depending on the rank - no need to spend over 100k on a custom speeder on the GTN), and then I'll just save up again for when I think I should buy something else.

Last edited by Skarkdahn on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:08 am

Skarkdahn wrote:

Edit: I know for sure that I'll be spending at least 1,177 CC on the first day for access to Section X (given that it seems to need to be bought and is not immediately available, even to subscribers) and on the legacy rocket boost and QT cooldowns. That leaves a comfortable amount with which to buy a Crime Lord pack for good measure, just to see what I get that may be useful, and then I'll just save up again for when I think I should buy something.

You don't need to pay to get access to Section X as a subscriber (same as HK-51).
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:12 am

Shinjiro wrote:
You don't need to pay to get access to Section X as a subscriber (same as HK-51).

Aha. Smiiile!
Useful to know; thanks for correcting me on that.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Skarkdahn wrote:
Shinjiro wrote:

Aha. Smiiile!
Useful to know; thanks for correcting me on that.

Yep you don't need to buy it. Would be silly if you did Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Cartel coins starting at 450 /$4.99
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=552743
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/08/swtor-launches-free-to-play-on-november-15th-no-rumor/

FTP launch date is 15/11.
I suggest that anyone who wants to get the cartel coins from the subbed months should start to sub now if you don't have an active account atm. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Shinjiro wrote:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/08/swtor-launches-free-to-play-on-november-15th-no-rumor/

I suggest that anyone who wants to get the cartel coins from the subbed months should start to sub now if you don't have an active account atm. Very Happy

Good post. Not much new, really except the launch date. I read all of the comments. They made me lol. So many haters out there...

~D
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Ah, the launch date at last! Smiiile!

This day is going to be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Doombah wrote:
Shinjiro wrote:

Good post. Not much new, really except the launch date. I read all of the comments. They made me lol. So many haters out there...

~D
Follow SWTOR on Facebook, now that is a breeding ground for haters.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 am

Just in case you don't know:

http://www.swtor.com/free/
Quote :
All players with an active subscription at the launch of the Free-to-Play option will be granted Complimentary Cartel Coins!

All the coins that they give out are Complimentary coins.
So if you don't have an active sub before 20th December,you won't get any Complimentary coins (for ex: Purchasers of the Collector's Edition,Each paid month prior to July 31, 2012,...)
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 am

Just to give you all an idea:

The Collector's Edition gives you an automatic 1000 CC.

I have been subbed since the game launched (was in public beta and apart of early access) and have 2500 CC waiting for me. Below is what the SWTOR site says I've earned.

Free to Play information - Page 3 0pGEN

To find out exactly how many you're getting, check out your Cartel Coin Ledger.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am

Fluttershy wrote:
Just to give you all an idea:

The Collector's Edition gives you an automatic 1000 CC.

I have been subbed since the game launched (was in public beta and apart of early access) and have 2500 CC waiting for me. Below is what the SWTOR site says I've earned.

Free to Play information - Page 3 0pGEN

To find out exactly how many you're getting, check out your Cartel Coin Ledger.

1000 more than me =(
Back to top Go down
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 pm

After playing for a few months as a subscriber it will be interesting to see how different/irritating ti is to play as a free loader. It honestly sounds like it will just be irritating and I can imagine some alternative models for making f2p more viable without detracting from subscribers. Of course that is part of what is so great about MMOs, it will change as problems come up but it really does look like it is just extending the trial to lvl 50.

Something I am not clear about is whether the restrictions are per a character or per an account. I first thought this would encourage me to play other chars but as I think about it now it will probably be per an account. It does go a long way to more or less force people to subscribe but I have always had fun seeing how far I can get in F2P's without money.

Let the Games Begin!
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:59 pm

KronusZ wrote:
After playing for a few months as a subscriber it will be interesting to see how different/irritating ti is to play as a free loader. It honestly sounds like it will just be irritating and I can imagine some alternative models for making f2p more viable without detracting from subscribers. Of course that is part of what is so great about MMOs, it will change as problems come up but it really does look like it is just extending the trial to lvl 50.

Something I am not clear about is whether the restrictions are per a character or per an account. I first thought this would encourage me to play other chars but as I think about it now it will probably be per an account. It does go a long way to more or less force people to subscribe but I have always had fun seeing how far I can get in F2P's without money.

Let the Games Begin!

Well THE most annoying change will be less quickbars.
Think the UI Editor is locked as well but the game launched without one anyways last year.

You start off with some coins because of your previous subscription so if the lack of 4 QB is annoying and if it is account wide you could always unlock that with them Wink
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:04 am

Preferred Status Players will get 2 more quickbars (4 total)
Quote :
Hi everyone!

As you know, we take player feedback very seriously and we wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for being a part of our Free-to-Play transition.

When Game Update 1.5 was on PTS, we heard your feedback and increased Quickbars for Free-to-Play Players, increased Warzones from three to five per week, and reduced the Cartel Coin temporary bind.

We want to let you know that we are constantly listening to you folks, and we’ve heard your feedback regarding limited Quickbars for Preferred Status Players.

This is why, after an upcoming patch that is scheduled for next week, Preferred Status Players will be given two additional Quickbars (for a total of four) that will immediately improve their gameplay experience.

We’ll have more details for you – including information for Preferred Status Players that have already purchased extra Quickbars - once the change goes live.

Thanks again for your feedback and please continue to provide it for us!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5477407#edit5477407
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:18 am

Shinjiro wrote:
Preferred Status Players will get 2 more quickbars (4 total)
Quote :
Hi everyone!

As you know, we take player feedback very seriously and we wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for being a part of our Free-to-Play transition.

When Game Update 1.5 was on PTS, we heard your feedback and increased Quickbars for Free-to-Play Players, increased Warzones from three to five per week, and reduced the Cartel Coin temporary bind.

We want to let you know that we are constantly listening to you folks, and we’ve heard your feedback regarding limited Quickbars for Preferred Status Players.

This is why, after an upcoming patch that is scheduled for next week, Preferred Status Players will be given two additional Quickbars (for a total of four) that will immediately improve their gameplay experience.

We’ll have more details for you – including information for Preferred Status Players that have already purchased extra Quickbars - once the change goes live.

Thanks again for your feedback and please continue to provide it for us!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5477407#edit5477407
Because that was the real issue with F2P. Rolling Eyes

At least this proves they're not immovable on the subject of altering current F2P restrictions, just stubborn is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free to Play information   Free to Play information - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free to Play information

View previous topic View next topic Back to top