Share | 

Good TV Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Yes we all know that MLP:FiM is way up there but there are so many good TV series. I quite enjoy watching series but I have currently run out of series that I knew (probably gonna watch the 1992 Batman series now).

Please help me out, what are your favourite TV shows (in categories and no, I am not planning to watch Star Trek.)

What I have seen and rate high:

Live Action:
-Breaking Bad
-Battlestar Galactica
-Caprica
-Firefly
-Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
-Game of Thrones
-HIMYM
-House
-IT Crowd
-Malcolm in the Middle
-Misfits
-Prison Break
-Sherlock Holmes
-Stargate(s)
-True Blood
-Walking Dead
-Weeds

Animated (excluding Manga):
-Family Guy
-Simpsons
-Star Wars the Clone Wars
-South Park

I'll add more as I remember then (i.e. if you recommend some and I remember that I have seen it.)

Planning to see:

-Batman the Animated Series

Last edited by Darth Dreselus on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shinjiro
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Shinjiro

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Spartacus if you watched Gladiator and liked it.
The Big Bang Theory
Dexter
Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Just spouting off here...you've already listed a bunch of the ones I watch.

Scrubs
Babylon 5
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (seriously...just don't watch the movie before Season 1)
Brotherhood (Rhode Island style Irish mafia. A more realistic Sopranos)
Mad Men (I can't praise this show enough)
24 (Seasons 4-6 were a bit of a joke, but they brought it back up with 7 and finished well with Cool
Caprica (I know you put it, but I can't express how much I LOVED this show!)
Animaniacs
Gargoyles (SUCH a great show that educated kids about Shakespeare and all sorts of mythologies)
Voltron
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Death Note

...and yeah. I'm sure there's others, but this is good for now.

~D
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:32 am

Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:41 am

Young Justice (Animated)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (KAMINA!)

Better Off Ted (Live Action)

The Venture Bros.

Back to top Go down
Wilowah
Colt
Colt
Wilowah

Location : Virginia, United States, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 am

Live Action:
-Dollhouse
-Sherlock Holmes

Animated:
-Adventure Time (If you like acid trips without the acid!)

Misc:
-Robot Chicken

Just a few I've enjoyed that weren't listed yet. I would have to rate SH one of my highest ever.
Back to top Go down
http://wilowah.tumblr.com/
Braeburn
Pony
Pony
Braeburn

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:39 am

Those I like that were not listed...

Live Action:
CSI
True Blood
Falling Skies

Anime:
Code Geass
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 am

Live Action:
Currently 'live' shows:
- Doctor Who
- The IT Crowd
'Past' shows:
- Red Dwarf (Ninth full season - called the tenth due to the actual ninth 'happening' off-air and only being mentioned in an ambiguously canon three-part special - airing this autumn following a thirteen-year break after the eighth season finished)
- Blackadder

No others that I can think of in any genre. I don't really watch TV nowadays.

British TV, whoo.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:06 pm

'Heroes' season 1
Season 2 was a little less good but still pretty nice.
Then it went downhill.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 pm

You have actually put a few that I have forgotten but watched.

True Blood: Seen until s.3
The IT Crowd
Sherlock Holmes
Clone Wars: I have also seen the movie, not as good as a stand alone movie but a good pilot.

Not seen full:
Samurai Jack
ATHF
Robot Chicken

As far as the rest goes, it will definitely keep me busy.

One question though: I like to watch all of a series...so how should I approach Doctor Who?
Back to top Go down
Braeburn
Pony
Pony
Braeburn

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:08 am

Watch all seasons at once! Set up multiple TVs and have at it!
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:47 am

Most current fans of Doctor Who have started with the 9th Doctor (Christopher Eccleston). He had one season, and then the 10th Doctor (David Tennant) had 3 seasons followed by the 11th (Matt Smith) who is about to start his third season.

Netflix currently has all of the above mentioned on their streaming service. If you subscribe to their DVD service, you can get just about all that's been put out for Doctor Who. A lot of the older episodes have been lost and some are nothing but audio tracks, but there is a straight through timeline from the first Doctor up through the most current.

Honestly, just start with Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Doctor. The 8th Doctor was a TV movie and that was in 1996 and that was the first new stuff since 1989. Most people that I know who watch the show started with the 9th Doctor. While it touches on things that happened to previous Doctors, it's mostly it's own little universe that conveniently sweeps most of the old stuff into a closet barely to be mentioned or seen.

It's not the best show out there, but the personality of the Doctor is addictive. He's someone you wish you knew in real life and had as a friend. He's clever, charming and funny. Women want him and men want to be him. If the Dos Equis man is The Most Interesting Man In The World, the Doctor is the Most Interesting Man In The Universe.

~D
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 am

Yea, just start with the reboot at the 9th doctor. That's all I've watched, and I'm perfectly content with it. A lot of the classic Doctor Who episodes have been lost anyway.
Back to top Go down
Skarkdahn
Colt
Colt
Skarkdahn

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:44 pm

The ninth Doctor's series is almost definitely the best place to start, especially given that they made it easy for the new audiences of 2005 to follow and then added in all the other details from the classic series. Start any time later or earlier (save for of course "The Unearthly Child", the very first episode ever) and you'd probably be lost quite quickly. As a show, it has to be said that it makes little room for slip-ups if you want to understand the personality of the various Doctors and the significance of what they have to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good TV Shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good TV Shows   Good TV Shows I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good TV Shows

View previous topic View next topic Back to top