View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

Core group dead? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:01 pm

well that seems like a communication problem between you and your teammates not a leadership problem. having someone be the leader won't do anything if no ones even on.
You also shouldn't put all the responsibility on the "Leader" your a part of the core group you want to raid. talk to your team and ask them where they are why they aren't raiding instead of blaming everything solely on not having a raid leader or if someone is appointed blame them
you claim you can't find information on whats going on with the core group and most weekends you can find Rydel online and in mumble yet I dont think I've ever seen you ask him whats going on. you can usually find Lyra in mumble and Warlord Sparkle in mumble too have you tried that? you posted several times on the forums that no one is on when raid time starts? is the raid time confusing like are you looking at time zones wrong? because I know Rydel is usually on because we watch ponies together in the afternoon (no homo)
Back to top Go down
ryuukhang
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:31 pm

I wasn't exactly leading it but I was trying to get notifications out through the in-game mail system and even tried doing the absences notification thing too. But the issue wasn't that, it was not having replacements for when someone is gone (ie. healer or ranged dps)
Back to top Go down
Capn Ahab
Filly
Filly
Capn Ahab

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:50 pm

ryuukhang wrote:
I wasn't exactly leading it but I was trying to get notifications out through the in-game mail system and even tried doing the absences notification thing too. But the issue wasn't that, it was not having replacements for when someone is gone (ie. healer or ranged dps)

Replacements shouldn't be an issue if we don't stick to a set schedule, if people can't show up on Saturday, we should be able to move the raid to Monday, if that doesn't work, move it to Wednesday etc. etc. I'd rather not be on a schedule and raid whenever than not at all.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Capn Ahab wrote:
ryuukhang wrote:

Replacements shouldn't be an issue if we don't stick to a set schedule, if people can't show up on Saturday, we should be able to move the raid to Monday, if that doesn't work, move it to Wednesday etc. etc. I'd rather not be on a schedule and raid whenever than not at all.

not entirely sure that would work I dont know everyone schedule but doesn't Rydel work late? he usually doesnt get on till 10PM my time (weekdays) which by then someone else is usually offline? and raiding after Saturday all your replacements will be locked in to their raids.
Back to top Go down
ryuukhang
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:08 pm

I would be down on changing days (but I have classes on Monday, Wednesday 4-7 server and Thursday 5-10 server) which leaves only Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. But that's assuming everyone is free those days.
Back to top Go down
Capn Ahab
Filly
Filly
Capn Ahab

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:32 pm

How I'd do it right now, is set two days as the "standard" days to raid (Fri,Sat, whenever). If we run into a situation where someone can't make it on that particular day (say, someone can't make Saturday but is available Monday or Tuesday) we move that raid to a later date that everyone can make. The only time we should need replacements is if someone is unable to make it for the whole week (or can't make the only day/time everyone else is free). Otherwise we should be able to coordinate a new raid time.

One of the problems now is when someone is unavailable we go "ZOMG NEED ALTERNATE" when we should be saying, "Hey, does Monday instead work for everyone this week?"
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Ahab pretty much just said what I was about to post. lol!
Back to top Go down
Wilowah
Colt
Colt
Wilowah

Location : Virginia, United States, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Just from what I've skimmed so far, I've come up with a suggestion based on what Ahab said about how he used to set up raids -

1) Choose a person to be the leader of the core group.

2) Send the leader your schedule (via forum PM) for the upcoming week every Tuesday.

3) Have the leader send back available times for the raid to every member.

4) Choose a time.

Alternatively, you can simply have the leader choose the raiding time for everyone after step 2, instead of going through a voting process or sommat.
Back to top Go down
http://wilowah.tumblr.com/
Reg
Filly
Filly

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Been in class or at the gym most of the day, but I think we do need a leader. If, for nothing else, to lead us IN the instance - and again, that isn't about rank. It is about who feels most confident directing the traffic of an ops and the flow of time spent in there.

As for a leader for communication, seeing as NOT having a clearly defined leader produced poor results, we should almost certainly have one now.

I like Flippy's suggestion of PMing weekly schedules, but I would prefer two weeks (if possible). Say that Tuesday is the best day to raid, it would be inefficient to try and rapidly inform everyone that we would be raiding on that evening, as opposed to telling them the week before that it will be Tuesday.

I would like at least one consistent ops night, but if it isn't possible and we have to float, I would rather do that than not at all.

As of now, from reading these posts, I am assuming that Reg(me!), Sperk'uhl, Lyra, and Kenshi are committed to following this group through. I have seen Rydel, Holo, and Caravel post, and I see that you are all interested and show concern, but haven't given a definitive answer. I'm imagining that you would like to continue, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered posting your concerns, but I won't put words in your mouth. Amorphic hasn't replied yet, so currently we are split equally (in terms of absolute certainty) on whether or not we continue. I humbly ask that those who haven't explicitly expressed their decision do so, so if it is a yes we can start roflstomping content, and if a no, we can all make other arrangements. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Capn Ahab
Filly
Filly
Capn Ahab

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:08 pm

I mean I'll go forward with it if we can, but for this week specifically I felt it best to sign up for non core raids until we get this sorted out (Esp. considering Holo and Vinyl apparently out and out resigned). We should get everyone together on mumble or in game at some point this weekend (if we can get an op in this Saturday it would be great) and sort it all out there since not everyone is on the forums I don't think and we'll be able to establish our plans going forward there.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm going to bow out. The reason we did the runs on Saturday and Sunday weren't simply that they were the weekend, but also that they were the only times we could get everyone on for an extended period of time.

Since I work late, if you get someone else instead, you should have a wider timeframe available.
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:05 pm

How late do you work server time on weekdays?
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 am

After food and shower, I get on at 10pm EST, 7pm PST
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
Capn Ahab
Filly
Filly
Capn Ahab

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:02 am

10 PM wouldn't be too bad for me on a weekday. I mean considering how close we were on our final NM Soa attempt if ops take longer than 2 hours for us it would surprise me and ending at midnight would be fine.

And the thing is we can go for however long or short we need to, the only time we'll really be on the clock in any way is for the titles, If we take two hours and still not kill Soa there's nothing that says we can't come back later before a reset and give it another shot. The current times kind of kill the chances of this since the only day left open is Monday before we lose our progress.

Last edited by Capn Ahab on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:45 am

I dont get off work until 6 server anyway, so i would actually prefer something like 7 server to 9 server and continue another day.
Back to top Go down
Holo
Pony
Pony
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:19 am

So I just now saw all this but, like I said, i can give you 2 weeks, then be a backup, but thats all. I have several things i must accomplish. Forgot to mention i have a trip out of state next week, family thing came up suddenly and wont be able to raid next weekend. Sorry, but can be free the following one, if this is still a group and you need the dps. But i must leave the core group for all of the reasons already stated. Also gw2 is around the corner, can't count on me long term and trying to give you a chance on that now. I'll still play tor when gw2 is out but i'll play it like mad the first two months and raiding in tor is not my favorite thus far. PvP is and ya'll know it lol. But i'd like to help the guild "as a whole" with the limited raid time i have left and ya'll can progress just fine without me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Core group dead?   Core group dead? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Core group dead?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top