PAX East 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:39 am

So, this past weekend was PAX East. This was my third year as an Enforcer in the Classic Console Freeplay area as well. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I love it there. Very Happy

Anyway... the first place I went once I hit the expo floor was the Old Republic booth. I walked up, signed up to play a match on Novare Coast and started talking with some of the employees there. Turns out some of the bigger devs were there.

Oh, and check this out:

PAX East 2012 Camero10

Cameron Winston. The man who pretty much designed all of our classes and class story lines. He said he loved working on the Consular story line, and we got into a discussion of the class and Shadow tanking and all of that good stuff. I asked him about the Jedi Knight final boss and he said this (paraphrasing of course): "Yeah...I designed that fight and it was great. I figured players were going to have a lot of fun with it, but something went wrong and it was about 80% harder than I intended it to be. It's been corrected now, but it was easily the biggest class complaint for the first few months after launch".

We were having this discussion on a nice leather sofa, too. He was just chilling and I went up and we talked for like, 25 minutes or so. We also talked about Inquisitor and how it just drives you to want to be Dark Side because of Harken. :p

One more:
PAX East 2012 Cory_b10

Oh hey, it's Corey Butler! The head Live developer. I had a few discussions with him about various things (PvP, guild stuff, flashpoints) but then we began talking about Legacy. It was a great conversation and clearly he was fully on board and honestly loves it.

Now, for the life of me I can't remember who it was, but in someone's sig I believe, they mention something about they will play a Miraluka Sniper if at all possible. Guess what? It WILL BE! Very Happy He said "Absolutely. They'll just use the Force to make those bullets find their marks".

I also picked up some codes for an exclusive baby tauntaun that i'll be giving out over the next week or so. Very Happy I was like "I'm the only one here from my guild..." and they gave me a bunch of them to give out to you folks.

Anyway...I DID play two matches on Novare Coast. We were set up with prebuilt level 20 characters. I got to be a Shadow Consular, but it was Balance spec, so it was just a little weird. At that level it's not like night and day between Kinetic Combat and Balance, but there were a few little things. I mostly held my own though. Anywho...three capture points. One in the south, one in the upper east and one in the upper west. It's not like Civil War where one team is going to control one the whole game. Each faction had control of all three of them at various points of the match. The smart thing they did was when you're capping one of the capture points, the more people doing it, the faster it goes. I did one by myself and it took about 15 seconds and then later I did one with 2 other people and it took about 7 or 8.

Here's the rub of the thing and what's going to make it interesting: you need to control two of the three points to do damage to the other faction. One cannon doesn't cut through the shields, but two does. So if each team controls one and is fighting over the third, no one will be taking damage at that time. The matched went by in about the same length of time it took to do a Civil War. We won the first match but lost the second. All in all, I really can't wait for it. It'll be a nice change of pace and it's a good time. Very Happy

Anywho, i'm falling asleep as I type this. It was a LONG weekend... I need some sleep. XD

~D
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:43 pm

This thread is full of epicness and win. I hope I get to see the team again at PAX Prime this year, their brains are very fun to pick. Not in a murderous way...
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:56 pm

This year has done one thing for me: cemented the fact that I am going to Prime. I've wanted to go since the first year of it, but looking at my finances and how things are going to shake out, it looks more than doable by Labor Day weekend. Very Happy

I'll be Enforcing as well, and i'll probably end up doing the morning shift (9-3) as i'll still be on East Coast time and it'll just be easier.

Once the hotel opens up, i'll grab a room. Any guildies who want to go can get get in on a room with me. Also, Enforcers get like, a week's advanced access to the hotel. I'll have my room booked before the other 70k people even get the ability to get the con rate. Very Happy

~D
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Lucky! I live in the area but getting a hotel is the best way to go I find. I'll probably be going all three days this year (instead of the regular two) and rooming with my sister again. Hopefully I'll be able to see Doombah Enforcing the hell out of everything and a few other members. I know we have a couple more who live in/near the Seattle region.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Braeburn
Pony
Pony
Braeburn

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:45 pm

If all lines up I shall be there myself this year. A group of my friends have gone the past two years and I barely just missed it last year but I do believe this year is a go for me. Just as long as no country decides war needs to break out...
Back to top Go down
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I finally plan on going, probably in costume.
Back to top Go down

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:32 am

Baby tauntaun plox?
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 am

Amorphic wrote:
Baby tauntaun plox?

Check out this thread for a chance to win one of the 9 that I have!

~D
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:13 pm

The Miraluka sniper guy is me Smile

I wish I wasn't so lazy / lived in the US so I could go to those things. Sounds like it was a lot of fun Very Happy

EDIT: Oh snap! it's Miraluka not Miraluki =p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PAX East 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAX East 2012   PAX East 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PAX East 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top