Meet the Manes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:30 pm

It struck me a few days ago that except for the «official introduction» thread, no one except the manes and a few other members actually know who we are.

I thought I should do something about that and decided to conduct a series of interviews to let you all know us better.

1.) Fluttershy Linky
2.) Twilight Sparkle Linky
3.) Rainbow Dash Linky
4.) Rarity Linky
5.) Applejack Linky
6.) Luna Linky
7.) Pinkie Pie Linky

Last edited by Rainbow Dash on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Fluttershy.
The Shivering Spearhead

Meet the Manes! Flutte11
Meet the Manes! 3v1js10

Today I’m sitting here with the leader of the guild; Fluttershy. The reason for this
meeting is to let the rest of you know who’s leading the show.

Guild related stuff

Forum name: Fluttershy
In-game name(s): Angelfluttershy and Gooey for the Republic, and Mister'kidd and Nightmaremoon for the Empire.

Guild title and role: Founder mane. Guild Leader.

Why did you make the guild?

MLP Friendship is Magic was founded to provide players of Star Wars: The Old Republic with a friendly environment for anyone to enjoy and help others whenever possible.
It's other purpose was to cater to fans of the popular television show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
What better way to create an amazing, friendly, and helpful community by assembling members who believe in things such as love and tolerance?

Why did you decide to become the leader of the guild? Instead of giving the role to someone else.

Before MLP Friendship is Magic, there was no prominent representation of bronies in the SWTOR community.
I chose to found the guild, with the assistance of Twilight Sparkle, in order to ensure that there would be a healthy, and long lasting, representation of bronies in the greater SWTOR community.
It was my intent that the guild had a great impact on all the players in the SWTOR community, and the only way to make sure this would happen is that I would follow through with what I started and guide this group to the goal I set for it.

Have you been an officer in other guilds before?

No, I have held moderator and administrator roles in other communities before, but never an officer role in a guild before now.

How would you rank this guild in relation to other guilds you’ve been in?

Far above that of pervious guilds I have been in.
Of course I like the infrastructure, but that's because I made it. What I truly enjoy the most is the aspect of the guild that no one can control fully, the members.
Seven months ago when the guild was first founded, I hoped to get around maybe 30 dedicated players that were all fairly nice.
Instead I am now met with over 300 people in-game who are not only all great players, but amazing people.
I have seen kindness, helpfulness, and modesty emit from nearly every member of the guild.
That may not sound like a big deal, but in a quickly expanding community where each person gives you a polite smile and asks if you need help is something few can expect from a guild as massive as we are.
I get messages from other players outside of the guild constantly commenting on how friendly one of our members was in PvP or how they took time out to go back and help a player complete a quest.
The selflessness and generosity exhibited by our members, our friends, has set a precedent for many more guilds to meet in the future.

Random things:

What is your favorite Movie of all time?

Blade Runner

What book would you say is your favorite?

"Where's Waldo?" He is impossible to find on light/reddish backgrounds.

If you have a favorite game, what is it?

It is a very tough choice, but if I had to choose it would be The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. They don't make Zelda games like that anymore!

What kind of food would you say is best?

The kind that I don't have to clean up a mess afterwards. Oh, and Italian is pretty darn good too.

Do you have a favorite comic?

I don't always read comics, but when I do, I attempt to read Batman.

Here’s an easy one. What is your favorite color?

That's not easy at all! Cyan is pretty neat.

What is your biggest dream in this life?

My biggest dream is to be happy and transfer that feeling onto others around me.

Do you have any plans for the future?

Go to college, get a degree, ???, profit. It's best not to plan too far ahead.

Meet the Manes! Fluttershy-3

Everything pony!

How and when did you discover ponies?

March of 2011.
I was a member on a forum for a Alternate Reality Game (ARG) and there was a My Little Pony thread.
I was like "What the hell is this?" They kept posting reaction pictures that I found funny and I started to use them myself.
I figured that if I was going to keep using the materials I should know the content. I watched the show, grinded me teeth through the intro a few times, and was in love with it after the third episode.

What about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic made you stay in the community?

The friends that I found through the show.
Bronies are some of the best friends that anyone can have. They generally cherish and care for their friendships more then the average person.
They are also pretty darn good at TF2!

Do your family and friends know you’re a brony?

Yup. I don't hide it but I don't flaunt it in their face either.
It is also hard to cover up when you have a painting of Fluttershy hanging over your bed. (Thanks Ekeli!)

Do you have a collection of pony toys, or other collectibles?

I have a painting, bumper sticker, Christmas card, and button of Fluttershy.
As for other collectibles I have an expanding collection of shot glasses, video game collector's items, and quarters. I'm just full of surprises aren't I?

Who are your favorite pony / ponies?

Rarity, Apple Bloom, Princess Luna, Derpy, Big Mac, Hoity Toity, and Soarin' are all up there. Steven Magnet and Discord are also my favorite non-ponies.
I base this on how they are in the show rather than how the fans make them out to be.

Which episode do you think is the best so far?

That's a very tough question considering how many great ones we had.
If I had to choose, it would be a close running between Dragonshy, Sonic Rainboom, Party of One, and Sweet and Elite.

If you were a pony. What kind would you like to be, and why?

I would like to be a Pegasus.
Neither do I care to be strong like an Earth pony nor do I trust myself with magic. Flying high and fast would be a blast!

What would your cutiemark be if you had one in real-life?

A tree on an island.
In all seriousness, probably whatever my special talent is. Right now, that would amount to a computer mouse, Xbox controller, or a chair.

And thus I had to leave Fluttershy alone to whatever he had to do.
Let’s all hope he won’t be too scared without me.
We all know how fragile he can be.

Meet the Manes! Fluttershy-2

Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:34 am

Twilight Sparkle.
The Better Twilight

Meet the Manes! Twilight-1
Meet the Manes! Sns9810

I decided to sit down for a little while and have small chat with Twilight today. And I think I should share the answers I got from him.

Guild related stuff

Forum name: Twilight Sparkle
In-game name(s): Twilightsparkle , Spike-thedragon, and Rinoa
Guild title and role: Tech mane. In charge of the technical stuff.

Why did you join the guild?

Well me and shy actually made the guild together. We had talked about playing SWTOR and then I told him that we should make a guild, and he made the guild.

Why did you decide to become a mane in the guild? Instead of giving the spot to someone else.

Well originally I was only a mane to design the website, but the reason I didn't give it to someone else is because I believe I am qualified, at least slightly, to keep things in order. I won't ever hold my power over someone, unless it is absolutely necessary (EX: Someone being disrespectful to a member/royal guard/mane.) I believe that as a leader you have to learn when to use your power and to not abuse it (cheesy but true.) and I believe I have that covered. I also like the opportunities to see what it's like to be a webmaster of sorts, gives me experience and helps me in school.

No, the only other guild I've been a part of I never got to raid status.

Well compared to the one I've been in, 10x better. If only for the reason that we have a very good community and I've grown to enjoy their company.

Random things:

Hmm, that’s a very hard choice, but I'd have to say LOTR: Return of the King

“Eragon”, hands down

Hmm, well addiction wise probably SWTOR, but the one that gave me the most enjoyment probably Monster hunter.

Pizza.
Specifically Cheese Pizza w/ salt.

The Bleach Manga.

Red

To have a family of my own. (Wife, Kids, etc.)

Immediate future? Not really. I do plan to get a job as a web designer as soon as I can after graduation and from there I hope to achieve the dream of a family.

Meet the Manes! Twilight-3

Everything pony!

Shy suggested to me when I was kind of sad actually, and I fell in love with it because it cheered me up. It was sometime last year, summer I believe.

The tone of the show mostly, and the lessons it offered. As I said it made me happy when I wasn't and it always does. The community (Especially that of our guild) has kept me even more interested in it. I've never met as many like-minded people at once ever

All of my friends do, but my family doesn't even know what a brony is. LoL. They know I watch a show with ponies and they don't question it. xD

None actually, I've hit a very tight spot on money so I can only pay for my phone and SW:TOR.
Although once I get a job that will change

My favorite pony overall is Twilight (Hence why I chose her) before I joined the guild i was much more quiet and her personality matched mine the most. SO naturally I "connected' better with Twilight. Although not a pony I also love Spike.

People may think I'm crazy but the very first/second episode. They actually weren't the first ones I watched (I started with A Dog and Pony Show) but I guess since the story continued further then the rest of the episodes it stuck to me more, plus I always love everypony getting introduced. :3

Unicorn, who doesn't want to use magic?!

I'd have to say the <html> tag solely because I love web design and web coding.

After some time Twilight decided I was disturbing him too much in his studies and asked if I could leave. So I did.

Meet the Manes! Twilight-2

Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Rainbow Dash.
The Overwhelming Whirlwind

Meet the Manes! Rainbow-Dash-2
Meet the Manes! From-hype

I’m sitting here alone today… Probably should’ve had someone else ask me the questions, but seeing how they’re all the same I’ll just talk to myself. Again…

Guild related stuff

Forum name: Rainbow Dash
In-game name(s): Rainbow-dash, Tassadoul, Wonderbolt, Dashie and Hurricane.

Guild title and role: Enforcer mane. Primary law of the guild and leader of the Royal guards.

I’ve been following SW:TOR since a few months after it was announced. So I knew I wanted to play it.
I knew I needed a great guild.
When I found this guild on Equestria Daily I was already hooked on the pony community.
So I was sold right away. Of course. I was a little afraid, like the rest of us non-Americans, since the guild was set in America.
It turned out Okay though.

Where did you first hear about us?

Like I already said: Equestria Daily. I found the first recruitment plug in a Nightly roundup.

Why did you decide to become a mane in the guild?

I’ve always had much respect for the law and people who enforce it. A few years ago I actually tried to get into a police academy. It never happened.
So I’m doing the best I can in my communities to make sure everyone follows the set rules.
And I wanted to continue doing that in this guild too.
I don’t want to see it falling apart because of bad law enforcement.

Yes. In Guild Wars I was officer in a medium PvP guild.
In Star Trek Online I was in a leveling guild.
In Age of Conan I was Leader of a small end-game guild.
In World of Warcraft there’s just too many to count.
I always strive to become an officer in all guilds I’m in.

Far above that of pervious guilds I have been in.

I would say this guild is easily above even my favorite WoW guild.
And that’s saying a lot. I still miss them even after 5 years.

Random things:

Though question you have there… I guess it would be Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

I don’t know. If you’re referring to which book I read the most. It would probably have to be “year 2000: The human history” (I think that’s the English name).

Suikoden 2 for the Playstation. It has some of the best story elements I’ve ever seen in a game. I can honestly say it’s the only game that ever made me yell at the screen when a character died…

Depends on what my mood is, and how hungry I am.

M. It’s a Norwegian Comic strip. It’s mostly Star wars related stuff. And overall geeky things.

What is your favorite color?

Red or Light blue. Depends on the mood.

My biggest dream would be to publish the book I’m currently working on. And of course, becoming famous enough to live like a writer.

First of I plan to finish school. Then I’m planning on starting a small game studio with some friends from class. We plan on making pretty awesome games.
And I hope to do that at the same time as I write my book.

Meet the Manes! Rainbow-Dash-4

Everything pony!

February of 2011.
A friend from class who regularly hangs out on 4Chan told me about the massive pony war that was going on. He mentioned that the show wasn’t too bad and that I should check it out sometime.
Two weeks later I decided to do it. I was bored like never before.
I needed something to watch while drawing. So I decided to check out the first episode.
That lead to the second and the third. I didn’t hate it at the time. But I wasn’t really into it either.
Almost a week passed by before I decided to screw everything and just watch every episode.
I think episode 16 was the newest then. When I got around episode 10 or something I couldn’t stop.
Every week I watched every episode before watching the newest one.

I almost never fit in any communities. I always somehow find the wrong ones.. So when I found a community that was just like me, I finally knew I was home.

Yeah. I already converted most of my friends to ponies. My mom thinks it a little weird though. But as I tell her: In my line of work (games) we have to be a little weird.
My cousin actually think it’s cool. And I think I managed to convert one of her kids to ponies too.

DO I!! I got all series 1 blind bags. Almost all the brushie ponies (only need Rarity). The pony advent calendar. McDonald toys. Those two posters from Comic con(?), and both the Norwegian activity books. AND I got three t-shirts coming in from we-love-fine.

That’s easy. Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash. Mostly because they’re so much alike me. Especially Twilight.
I’m intelligent, introverted and probably spend too much time studying everything.
I’m also in love with speed. I’m gonna tell you the truth here; I’ve met a few girls that’s almost just like Twilight, and I’ve fallen for every single one of them.
Why? I like that kind of personality.

Why do you keep asking such hard questions? It’s just too difficult to find an exact answer to that. I like the episodes that have good character development. Or those that brings a good story with them.

I guess I would be a unicorn. Getting to use magic would be a huge plus when writing or drawing. Then again. As a Pegasus I could fly fast and sleep on clouds. I guess I would just accept whatever I would’ve been born as… I really can’t choose…

Probably some binary for programming, or something that shows I’m awesome with stories. Most likely a book and a pen. Or something a little more modern, like a typewriter.

I looked around to make sure no one had heard me talking to myself. I scratched my head and flew back to civilization.

Meet the Manes! Rainbow-Dash-1

Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:12 am

Rarity.
Free Shipping for Everypony!

Meet the Manes! Rarity-1
Meet the Manes! IMG_7212

I managed to make Rarity put down the shipping for a few hours while answering some questions about himself and the guild.

Guild related stuff

Forum name: Rariy
In-game name(s): Lady-Rarity, Octavia, Mayor-mare, and Sweetiebelle. Trixie (Empire alt)
Guild title and role: Scribe mane.

Equestria daily

Because of Ponies, and Star Wars. But mostly Ponies. Delicious, sumptuous friendship

Honestly? I was bored, sent an application, got accepted. All was Apple Pie and Pinkie Jack afterwards.

No, but I have held other Real Life positions of leadership

Highest I've ever been in.

Random things:

Here Comes Mr Jordan

Hmm... probably So Long and Thanks for all the Fish.

Video? Probably Megaman 2. Board? Blockus

Veggitarian Burritos, though I hate pretty much all other mexican food

Hmm... I'd have to say Foxxy Lady. It's a Manga. And no, it's not that perverted ><

My favourite colour is Blue... NO YELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Nah, it's Blue.

To break the barrier between the Genres Fiction and 'Literature'

Go to college, get a job. I'm generalistic like that.

Meet the Manes! Rarity-2

Everything pony!

I discovered them Febuary of 2011, by looking for G1 ponies to use as Brain Bleach

Primarily the friends I've made here

Yes, I've even turned my Brother into a Brony

My monitor is topped with Pony Blind Bags.
From left to right they are: Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle (Glitter), Rarity (Glitter), Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash (Glitter), Roseluck, Pinkie Pie (Glitter), Sugar Grape, and Rarit

avourite Ponies? Top three, Octavia, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle.

Sweete and Elite

I'd want to be a Pegasus, because Pegasi are awesome.

Probably a pen/pencil/quill writing on a piece of paper.
Either that or a book with a quill sticking out of it.

A courier came and interrupted us. She handed over a telegram stating someone in Canterlot wanted him to make some dresses. I decided not to disturb him any longer.

Meet the Manes! Rarity-3

Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

EX MANE.

Applejack.
That Bucking Ex

Meet the Manes! Applejack-2

Applejack isn’t really a mane anymore. But for old times’ sake and the fact that he used to be a mane, I’ve decided to let him into this as well.

Guild related stuff

Forum name: Applejack
In-game name(s): Applejack, Rivest and Gilda.

Guild title and role: Royal Guard. (ex event mane)

I was getting bored of World of Warcraft and my friend told me about SWTOR. A few weeks later I saw the guild on EQD and decided to join.

Not sure really I just seen the position open and thought why not? Ya know?

Before becoming a mane in this guild. Were you an officer in other guilds?

Yes. In World of Warcraft I was an Officer in “Darkest desire” for Horde side and” Dawg knights of Stormwind” on Alliance (later renamed to “Devils Rebels” after we committed mutiny agiant out guild leader =P) I was the Raid leader in both guild and got “Darkest desire” to start raiding. I also was an Officer in Ultima Online back when I played the guild name was “Darkend Hearts” if I remember right.

I would put it at a 9/10 it has a great community and we've even started raiding I feel the imp guild could use some more love but from most of the guilds I've been in this is definitely one of the better guilds.

Random things:

Hmm, this is a hard one. I guess it would have to be How to train your dragon.

A few yes, but my favorite would have to be Life of Pi.

So many games I can’t really choose.

PASTA!

Not really.

Orange.

My biggest dream in life is to move to Arizona. It’s way too cold for me here in Michigan.

Nah. I try to take life 1 day at a time. I'm not much of a planner.

Meet the Manes! Applejack-3

Everything pony!

I discovered ponies last year around February I think I'm bad with dates. Anyhow. My friend kept sending me random pmvs and pony clips to me and I wanted to know why. So I started watching the episodes on YouTube and became hooked.

The animation and their adorableness. And of course Spitfires plot.

Yep

Most of my pony stuff is on the computer because I can get it for free. The only pony related thing I have not on the computer is a Wonderbolts scarf my roommate got me

Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, Scootaloo, Soarin', Fluttershy, Applejack basically every Pegasus pony.

Sonic Rainboom is probably my favorite. It was the first full pony Episode I saw, and I remember thinking Rainbow was a male. Not to mention nervous Dash is adorable..

Pegasus pony! For a lot of reasons
1) I want to know how comfy clouds are.
2) I would love to be able to fly when I was younger I always wanted to be a pilot.
3) I could save so much time and gas going to buy groceries.

I have no idea. Probably something to do with gaming or StarCraft. Can’t think of much else that would be my special talent.

And so as the day came to an end over Sweet Apple Acres we agreed to call it a night. We both got to get up early tomorrow and do our jobs.

Meet the Manes! Applejack-1

Last edited by Rainbow Dash on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:33 pm

EX MANE.

Luna.
The Moonlight Lurker

Meet the Manes! Luna-1

For today’s interview I got a hold of Luna. Our only mane that’s not really a mane.

Guild related stuff

Forum name: Luna
In-game name(s): Luna
Guild title and role: Manetor mane. Training the newbs.

About half a year ago, I was trying to contact a few specific bronies. Among those were AngelFluttershy, though it was under another name. I made a search on a few threads on ponychan that he had participated in, and I found the one about the upcoming guild.

I was planning on playing an mmo since some time. SWTOR was on of the games that I was interested in. When I learned there would be a brony community for that game, I wondered what it might look like.

Love and curiosity. As I said, I was wondering about what a brony community would look like day to day. It would probably be something grand and exciting. And I wanted to be part of that; more, to help create that and make it happen day to day.

Not exactly. I have been Guildmaster for some time on Lineage 2, and 'super-user' on a guild in Aion (suser was higher in rank than normal user, but not yet officer)
I've also been moderator on various occasions, but that's not exactly the same position as officer.

The atmosphere is more... friendly and sharing that what I've been into.
On the other hand, it's much less serious.
I can't really give a grade or a specific rank. It's different.
It's not better. I would say it's worse, but there is unequivocally a strength in the guild that the others didn't have.

Random things:

Hm. I'm not a big watcher of films… And most of what I see are actions films I look at when I'm not in the mood to think. Let's say.. Matrix?

Now that's something I've read too much of ^^ When I was young, 'The Ants', by Bernard Werber really made me think about a lot of things, so even if I don't have a specific favorite, “This one” (the trilogy) really meant a lot to me.

When I'm asked about that, I usually answer this couple : Ecco the dolphin (on megadrive) and Homeworld (on PC).

Something I never tasted and that tastes good Smile
- On a related note, I don't drink or eat alcohol.

Comic, not really. I follow a few web comic on the other hand. Sinfest would be my favorite.

White.

In wild fantasies, becoming an angel. In cold hard reality… Not really a specific one.

Not really. I'll see how far life gets me. I'll probably get a job as engineer in a few months, after my internship. I'll wait to be too bored and well. When you're bored, things sometimes seem more interesting.

Meet the Manes! Luna-3

Everything pony!

That must have been around April 2011. A YouTube video of a remake of the dark knight trailer with ponies.

The community and its concept.
http://www.ponychan.net/chan/arch/res/2501115.html , basically.
Short edition: bronies are a new concept, that's interesting. And that's a concept I like a lot.

My friends do. I never talked about it to my family, though I assume they would mostly smile and tease me, but not worry.

I have a figurine of fluttershy, memento of the first French brony meetup.

avourite Celestia. The classic one, mind you. I dislike Trollestia or Molestia

No specific preference.
I don't like the show that much...

Hm. Unicorn ? Pegasus ? Flying is fine, but you can do that and much more with magic.
Never put much thought into that question...

A few years ago, I would have said a white feather. Nowadays, even if all my friends would still recognize it as my... sign, I do it more and more out of habit and less as a meaningful thing.
It could probably still fits. Hm. I don't know much about myself in the end. Haha Smile

The time had come to leave the royal castle and let Luna do his job and lower the moon again. I was kindly shown the way out by two of the guards.

Meet the Manes! Luna-2

Last edited by Rainbow Dash on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Pinkie Pie.
The Party-Clopper.

Meet the Manes! Pinkie-1
Meet the Manes! Img_0010

I don’t know how I did it. But he decided to stop clopping for the time being. Let’s see if I can’t get some answers out of him while I have his attention.

Guild related stuff

Forum name: Pinkie Pie
In-game name(s): Pinkie-pie.
Guild title and role: Event mane. In charge of guild events and happenings.

It was posted on EqD the day the guild was formed, and I joined immediately.

Well, because ponies of course!
But seriously, I have been following the development of TOR since it was first announced, which was well over three years before the game came out.
KotOR is still to this day my favorite video game ever, so there was no way I WASN'T going to get the game.
As for why I joined this particular guild. Well, I knew going in that the game would be much more fun with a good guild, but I decided not to join a guild before release. I figured that there was no good way to know whether or not I would like the people in a guild until I played with them, and it was pointless anyway because we would have nothing to do without the game.
Ponies solved both of those issues so well that I just HAD to join.

That is a good question.
Sometimes I wonder about that myself, since I almost didn't do it. Well, I suppose that I just wanted to make this guild the best it can be.
It's very unlikely that I would have applied for an officer position in any other guild, I wouldn't want the responsibility. But after meeting so many awesome people, I knew that we had something special, and wanted to do everything I could to keep it that way.
I wasn't sure that I was the right person for the job, but apparently everyone else did, so here I am.

No. I have been part of a guild before, but I've never had any kind of leadership position.

#1, without hesitation.

Random things:

That would probably be The Matrix. It's an awesome action movie with a brain, so I love it to pieces. The Matrix Online was my first MMO experience.

I don't really read that many books, so I can't really think of anything that stands out in my mind.
The last one I can think of that I really enjoyed was "You Might Be a Zombie, and Other Bad News."
If MLP:FiM fanfics count, I'm a huge fan of Past Sins, and any other story by Pen Stroke.

KotOR is still to this day my favorite video game ever. It made me feel like a kid watching Star Wars for the first time.

Mastaciolli. It's a delicious pasta, and it has a somewhat mystical property of actually tasting better as reheated leftovers.

I've never read any graphic novels, but I do frequent several webcomics.
Penny-Arcade is great of course. My favorite is probably VGCats.
If only Rasoomair wasn't such a lazy ass. I also really like a webcomic called Fanboys. It's not my favorite, but I have to give it a shoutout because it introduced me to ponies.

Orange.

Honestly, there's not much to my dream. All I need is a steady, well-paying job, and maybe a family someday if I find that special someone. I'm kind of a minimalist.

Well, for me right now I'm looking to see if I could possibly get a better job. As for the guild, that will just have to be a surprise!

Meet the Manes! Pinkie-3

Everything pony!

Well, as I mentioned before, I was introduced to ponies by a webcomic called Fanboys. Despite being a heavy internet user, I somehow managed to miss all the pony related memes.
The very first FiM related thing I ever saw was Ponycraft 2 when it was embedded in halolz.com.
At the time, I thought it was nothing more than a joke.
Later, I decided to check Fanboys, which was on a haitus at the time.
I saw that not only was it back from haitus, but the first new comic was about My Little Pony. He gave a bit more detail in the accompanying news post, which included a link to the first episode on Youtube.
Intrigued I decided to check it out.
I watched the two part premier, and was impressed by it.
Excellent animation, relatable characters, and a well told plot. However, I did not seem like it was for me, quite literally.
A week or two later, I became very sick with the stomach flu.
I couldn't even comfortably sit upright to play video games. Bored out of my mind, I decided to give ponies another shot. I ended up marathoning the entire series that had been released by that point. (I think it was 21 episodes.)
I'm not sure at what point I became aware of the community, but it might have been VGCats that linked me to EqD for the first time. The rest is history.

Oh, also this all took place about early april.

What about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic made you stay?

I kind of answered why I like it, but it's the community that makes me stay.
To be perfectly honest, I might have forgotten about the show and completely missed season two if it weren't for the community.
I remember the summer break and how the fans kicked their content creation into overdrive, shattering my expectations of it cooling down, if not disappearing entirely.
Half of my fun from the show now is seeing the crazy thing they come up with. But most of all, it's the sheer amount of positivity and kindness they have that really gets to me.

Most of them, yes.

No, like I said, I'm a minimalist. Pony toys would just collect dust in my opinion. I do have several pony shirts, and have decked out most of my electronic devices with pony wallpapers and the like.

Well, I have an entire thread dedicated to examining my favorite characters of the forums, but I'll give you the short version.
My favorite character is Twilight Sparkle.
The reason is that I can relate to her the most. I'm introverted, I'm intelligent, and I’m rational to a fault.
I'm not going to lie, if I met a real girl like her, I'd probably be crushing on her pretty badly.
However since I am excessively rational, I also have a best character (as opposed to favorite). Objectively, I think Rarity is the best.
The writers and her voice actress have done an amazing job turning a character that could have been an awful stereotype into one with incredible depth, complexity, and even humor.

I think I'll go with Cutie Mark Crusaders. It's got so much character development crammed into one episode, and I love that about it. Other ones I like are Party of One, Luna Eclipsed, and Bridle Gossip.

Good question.
If I'm going to go with what I'd LIKE to be, it would be a unicorn.
I would REALLY miss having hands, so telekinesis would be nice.

Something related to science or engineering.
One image I saw that I like was a hammer and wrench making an X shape together.

It seemed his urges to clop finally reached a critical level. Let’s just say I flew out as fast as I could...

Meet the Manes! Pinkie-2

Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:12 pm

The Enigmare
The green deceiver.

Meet the Manes! 3681774813dbd174223992ebf6028cf9_view
Meet the Manes! Tumblrl8fduh7wex1qagl4j

Since she’s definitely a mane, seeing how she managed to change the banner and such last year.

Guild related stuff

Forum name: The Enigmare
Guild title and role: It’s what I’m trying to find out!

How and when did you find out about us?

I've been around for a while. I will tell you that it has been since before my little game.

What mane position would you preferably be in the guild?

I suppose it would be Pinkie Pie. It's become increasingly clear that I can come up with better events than he can.

Have you been an officer in other guilds?

No I have not. I prefer a certain amount of anonymity. Are you implying something?

Not at all. Just a copy paste from the other interviews I've done. Razz
Blended in by a mistake..

Were you able to fool any other guilds you’ve played with before?

Of course I would have been able to, but that doesn't mean I have.

Random things:

What kind of books do you prefer?

At the risk of sounding corny, mysteries.

What is your favorite video-game genre?

Puzzles and strategy.

Seafood

Batman, because he has the best villains.

Green

What is it you hope to achieve?

Now, now, no spoilers.

What are your future plans?

My next contest will be held live on Saturday the 10th, at 4 pm CST. It will be an MLP trivia contest, so come prepared

Meet the Manes! Midnight-riddler-by-midnight-dragon15-d4nwv2i

Everything pony!

I suppose just like anyone else. I saw the fan content, investigated, and wound up liking it.

Why are you still hanging with the pony community?

I do it because "why not?" is a far shorter list than "why?"

How many of your friends know about your obsession with ponies?

Even those who know who I am know of it.

How many pony collectibles do you currently have?

None yet, although that may change now that actual effort is starting to be put into the official merchandise.

Why choose?

Return of Harmony, both parts.
interrogation

A unicorn, the advantages are obvious.

A question mark might be appropriate, but I suppose it would also be a bit ironic.

Meet the Manes! The-riddler-insignia-by-acid-scum-d3685sp

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meet the Manes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Manes!   Meet the Manes! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet the Manes!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top