Favorite Anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Twilight Sparkle
Colt
Colt
Twilight Sparkle

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:11 pm

I've been a fan of anime for a while now, with my introduction into the anime world being Inuyasha. I've watched many going from Inuyasha to newer animes such as The World only God Knows and Ao No Exorcist. So my question to everypony is what anime have you watched? When you aren't filling your Tv/monitor with Ponies do you watch good ol' fight scenes in your favorite anime?

I've got to say that my favorites are kinda tied, I loved Death Note, but Code Geass seems to have more of a place in my heart. I loved the action, the mechs, and even the storyline, sure it wasn't always the best, but it left me satisfied after. I'm patiently awaiting the new season and the new main character as well.

Feel free to answer my question as well as discuss your favorite anime(s) here!
Back to top Go down

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm not a big anime fan at all but I read Death Note after about 3 months of my friend pestering me to read it. He lent me the first one and I then proceeded to get the other 11. I thought they were excellent and I also watched the anime. It isn't something I'd usually watch though considering I almost never watch TV shows. The only reason my TV is on from time to time is currently because of Wimbledon.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Dragonball is still, and will forever be, the best anime ever. Bleach gets a little slow for me (monologues in-between attacks), and I can't really get into any others. BoBoBo-BoBo-BoBoBo had a terrible ending, but was an amazing series, and most other anime I haven't watched.

First season Pokemon will always be the greatest though.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Are you sure you want to know all the anime I've watched? We could be here a while...
Everything from "Air" and "Eyeshield 21" to "Love Hina" and "Detective Conan". As long as it is watchable I watch it. Smile

I especially love everything that has awesome mechs in them; Code geass, Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Full metal Panic, DaemonBane and of course Bokura-No plus some I don't remember the name of..
And I can't forget about FullMetal Alchemist or Hitman Reborn even though they're not mecha anime.

if I have to choose a favorite, it would definitely be a close tie between Gundam 00 and FullMetal Alchemist.

By the way, if you are looking for some amazingly cute anime I strongly recommend "Chi's Sweet Home" and season two called "Chi's New Address". It's like the Japanese version of Ponies. Only with cats in the real world. :3

--Rainbow Dash--
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:55 pm

I have never really been able to get into any anime, and I don't really know why. I've tried watching a couple of series, but have never found anything that I like. Although, a friend of mine did get me to watch Trigun with him recently. It's not fantastic, but it's probably the best anime I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Favourite Anime? And I can't pick Ponies because that would be cheating and abusing the fact that Anime = Cartoons? Aww... Fine, ruin my fun. I guess I'll just tell you all that the best Anime's are, without a doubt Black Cat and Yu-Yu-Hakusho. Why? Because they have some of the most bad-ass characters in them. Train is a total kick ass gunsman, Sven is a swave lady's man with a briefcase that is more useful than Batman's Utility belt, Yuske is just a total bad ass, head rushing punk, Kurama is a fox, need I say more?

Oh, other good anime's include Kiba, Star Driver, and Super Sentai. Wait, that last one wasn't an Anime... it's better.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:
if I have to choose a favorite, it would definitely be a close tie between Gundam 00 and FullMetal Alchemist.
I forgot about Full Metal Alchemist! Love that one too, I don't know why, but I always go back to it.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:55 am

Cowboy BeBop, hands down. Great story that's not too far out there, fantastic characters/interpersonal relationships and of course, the epic effing soundtrack.

Some others that I really dig: Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Samurai Champloo, Voltron, Pokemans (1st season FTW) and I really did like DBZ (mostly the Freiza saga, though).

~D
Back to top Go down
SilverstarStreak
Filly
Filly
SilverstarStreak

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:43 am

Rainbow Dash wrote:
if you are looking for some amazingly cute anime I strongly recommend "Chi's Sweet Home" and season two called "Chi's New Address"

Yes, that is a ridiculously adorable series.

Favorite anime, huh? Of all time would have to be (don't laugh) Card Captor Sakura. It just sort of makes me happy every time I watch it. Plus I love the music. I think there is a heavy bit of nostalgia involved in that too, since I refuse to take it off the number one spot even though I'll admit there are better out there.

Others include Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (mostly because of the original sound novel), The Slayers, Princess Tutu, Gankutsuou, Nadesico, Outlaw Star, Gurren Lagann, Haibane Renmei, Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars, Fushigi Yuugi, Tenchi Muyo, Soul Eater, Air, Mushishi, Escaflowne, Rozen Maiden, Saber Marionette J, Cowboy Bebop, and so on and so forth.

Back to top Go down
Luna
Pony
Pony
Luna

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:04 am

A bit similar to Rainbow Dash, here. I have seen a lot of things, and read even more. Having an anime club with thousand of mangas doesn't help, too Smile.

The anime that was the most interesting for me ? Haibane Renmei. I mean, a serious and contemplative anime with angels, I really couldn't ask for more.
Lain and Boogiepop phantom were similar, and liked as well. Of course, I also liked the classics of the genre : death note, code geass, 20th century boy and so forth. Also, FLY ! Because shonens are cool and that's the first one to come to my mind. There are probably others I liked more anyway.

I better stop here or I'll be thinking of many other and won't be able to make a choice anyway ^^

Luna

Ps: I still stand by my opinion : Gurren Lagann could have been more epic. My imagination was disappointed.

Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle
Colt
Colt
Twilight Sparkle

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:24 am

So out of all the replies I don't think I saw anyone talk about this particular anime. Has anypony seen Phantom: Requiem of Phantom? I watched this one last year and I loved it. Most of the anime you ponies have posted I've seen, but it seems that this gem may have been missed my some. If you haven't seen it I suggest it if you like Dark Drama and Action. Like I said I love it lol!
Back to top Go down
Blackwing
Filly
Filly
Blackwing

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 pm

waiting for the next eva movie

can't really say i have a favorite anime
mostly just watch anime movies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime   Favorite Anime I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Anime

View previous topic View next topic Back to top