Share | 

Accounts and Characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

Accounts and Characters Empty
PostSubject: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Since it seems that you can have number of alt chars under the same SWTOR.com account I have two questions.

1) Will they all be part of the guild? What if I make an empire alt (which, as many of you I will).

2) How does subscription relate to these, do I have to subscribe each char or can I just play them all.

The last MMO I played only allowed 1 char per account and I'm guessing that TOR will be more like WOW in this respect (but I dunno how that works either)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Empire alts will not be allowed to join the guild. Only republic ones can be. You don't need to pay anything extra for additional characters. I think you can have 8? Characters per account.
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Amorphic wrote:
Empire alts will not be allowed to join the guild. Only republic ones can be. You don't need to pay anything extra for additional characters. I think you can have 8? Characters per account.

Sooo...will it let me create a empire alt on the same acc but not join the guild, even though it is the acc that is in the guild and not the chars? Or will it not even let me create an empire alt?
I am confused.

P.S. Amorphic, your pony is strangely addictive and nauseating at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:38 pm

WoW allowed up to 10 characters per server, up to 50 characters total per account.

I don't know that any Republic alts you make will automatically be in the guild, but my guess is no. The first character you make will probably get the invite and any others will have to be invited by an officer or someone with sufficient rank to invite others.

There's more than likely going to be no communication between factions. In WoW it was easy because of the language barrier (zuz). It's...not going to be so easy to explain away in this game considering it seems everyone knows Galactic Basic, but i'm willing to be it's going to be that way.

~D
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Darth Dreselus wrote:

Sooo...will it let me create a empire alt on the same acc but not join the guild, even though it is the acc that is in the guild and not the chars? Or will it not even let me create an empire alt?
I am confused.

P.S. Amorphic, your pony is strangely addictive and nauseating at the same time.

You'll be able to have both factions on your account. If it's the same as WoW, your Imperial and Republic characters won't be able to communicate to each other. See the post I just made about that. I had Horde and Alliance toons on my server in WoW. PvP realms in WoW restricted you to one faction or the other, but I PvE didn't. Hopefully it's mostly the same here.

~D
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:59 pm

You can create characters of both factions on the same server, but since we are a republic guild, only republic characters can join the guild.
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Darth Dreselus wrote:
Amorphic wrote:

I know right. =D
Back to top Go down
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: Re: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Rydel wrote:
You can create characters of both factions on the same server, but since we are a republic guild, only republic characters can join the guild.

and i still dont get the idea of an empire character with light side points! can Sith join the light side?
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:24 pm

KronusZ wrote:
and i still dont get the idea of an empire character with light side points! can Sith join the light side?

Yes, you can play whichever way you want. In fact I am planning to play as Dark Side Jedi Consular, just for the lulz. It also gives you more stories to explore and you can develop different relationships with your companions. It worked the same way in KOTOR.
You may not however, join the opposing faction's guild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accounts and Characters   Accounts and Characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accounts and Characters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top