If your name is taken...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Jack
Colt
Colt
The Jack

If your name is taken...? Empty
PostSubject: If your name is taken...?   If your name is taken...? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 pm

What will you do if you have chosen the PERFECT name for your character...and you find that it's taken on the guildserver?
I'm just curious on the attitude on this, because I find myself in the situation that I would not bear changing the name of my main character. If the name "Tharissa" was taken on the guildserver, I suspect I would make that character on another server instead, and have an alt on the guildserver. Would this be strongly frowned upon or something?
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: If your name is taken...?   If your name is taken...? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:04 pm

I don't think anypony will blame you for making the character on another server. Even though I was pretty happy there's at least 4 people from Norway here.
But if it's taken and you decide to make an alt on our server, you should. Nopony can stop you from it.

I have a few suggestions though:
If Tharissa is taken, why not make it "Thariss'a" or something similar? :>

Personally if the name Rainbow-dash is taken, I think I'll have to make it Rainbow'dash or Rainbov-dash, or something like that. I'll be mad if I don't get the perfect name, but what can I do about it? If it's taken it's taken and I'll be moving on.

Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: If your name is taken...?   If your name is taken...? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:11 pm

It would not be frowned upon one iota. You may have joined this guild as the place you want to be when you start the game, but that doesn't mean we are going to dictate anything about your gameplay decisions. If you feel invested in that name and end up having to make your main on another server, then by all means feel free to do so. We will still support your alt just as much as if it were your main Yay~!

If you would like, I can reserve that name for you when I get into early access. I should be getting in on the 13th or 14th and I would have no problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: If your name is taken...?   If your name is taken...? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:17 pm

I don't think anyone here will think ill of you if that ends up happening. Smile Funnily enough, I had someone in my WoW guild named Thrissa. Just close, but doubtful it's you. Very Happy

There are people that will just create accounts to take names. Also, the more popular the name, the larger chance it will be ganked. I was AMAZED that I was able to name my Night Elf Tinuviel in WoW. Everyone would be like "Lol. Tinuviel's a girl in the movies! HURHURHUR!". Of course, if you've read the books you know that Tinuviel is just a surname shared by Arwen and Luthien.

Anyway...

I still plan on being Dhoom'bah for now. It's not perfect, but Doombah looks too silly to be honest. It's been a thing for me since 1993, so it's important to me but I don't think it'll fit too well in this world. I saw a lot of shitty names during the beta weekend that wouldn't fit into the SW universe. I thought there was going to be a policy on that or something?

Anywho...i've gone on enough about this. Smile

tl;dr Just create characters with any names you KNOW you want and delete them when your ready to make that character. Just create a random race/gener/class and enter the world. Skip the prologue if possible and /exit out of there to do it again.

~D
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: If your name is taken...?   If your name is taken...? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Alright, man, I reserved Tharissa for you. Let me know when you get to play and I will delete him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If your name is taken...?   If your name is taken...? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If your name is taken...?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Ponies :: SWTOR Discussion :: General Discussion-