View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

About our character names... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:19 am

Ekeli wrote:
This depends on how long the first act lasts, as I have no idea I'm trying to not spoil my experience whatsoever, but why not make a separate character to rush through on so you can grab pie?

Most people seem to be saying it's at level 30 or so. Considering the prologue alone got me to level 17 or 18 in the beta (including doing all sidequests), that sounds about right. That's way too long to wait before starting my "real" character, even if I skip all the sidequests. Like I said, having a space in my name just doesn't seem worth the effort, especially considering that it's still not guaranteed.

One thing RD suggested was to reserve both names (with or without "Pie" in my case), level up one, and then ask Bioware if they can switch the names depending on whether or not I get the legacy I want. It's kind of a long shot, but might be worth a try.
Back to top Go down
BronyQuest
Colt
Colt
BronyQuest

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:42 am

Applejack wrote:
...and Scootaloo as well.

You'd better be quick on the draw, then! I imagine Bluemaroon is gonna race for that name; he used that name for the beta, too.

Pinkie Pie wrote:
Since the legacy name has to be unique across all servers

I thought Legacy names only had to be unique on the server they were made on? If they're unique across ALL servers, I expect 90% of any actual names/regular words to be taken within the first day or two.

I fixed the post for you. -PP
Back to top Go down
http://bronyquest.deviantart.com
BerryPunch
Filly
Filly
BerryPunch

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:38 pm

In the beta of the last week of November I went with Berry'Punch, seeing as how spaces aren't possible. I was hoping to use that again on live as my mane character's name. Semester is starting to quiet down a bit, so I am definitely going to be getting more active in the community here (especially now that we are getting so close to launch)!
SO awesome!
Back to top Go down
Braeburn
Pony
Pony
Braeburn

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:55 pm

If you pre-ordered then you have a small start on some other gamers. Secondly the ones you need to worry about stealing a pony name is probably those in our guild. Not sure if anyone has tried but maybe send a letter to Customer Service to see if they can reserve the Mane 6 names we want. Wouldn't hurt to try.
Back to top Go down
BronyQuest
Colt
Colt
BronyQuest

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:02 pm

BerryPunch wrote:
In the beta of the last week of November I went with Berry'Punch, seeing as how spaces aren't possible. I was hoping to use that again on live as my mane character's name. Semester is starting to quiet down a bit, so I am definitely going to be getting more active in the community here (especially now that we are getting so close to launch)!
SO awesome!

You can also use dashes, too, like Berry-punch.

Or, just name your toon Berry, and steal the Punch legacy name. Although that wouldn't really work with other characters you make...
Back to top Go down
http://bronyquest.deviantart.com
Ekeli
Colt
Colt
Ekeli

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Unless I steal the Punch legacy name.
Fabulous!
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:20 pm

BronyQuest wrote:
Applejack wrote:
...and Scootaloo as well.

You'd better be quick on the draw, then! I imagine Bluemaroon is gonna race for that name; he used that name for the beta, too.

Pinkie Pie wrote:
Since the legacy name has to be unique across all servers

I thought Legacy names only had to be unique on the server they were made on? If they're unique across ALL servers, I expect 90% of any actual names/regular words to be taken within the first day or two.

I fixed the post for you. -PP

If he wants Scootaloo he can have it I'm not reserving it the only name I reserve is Applejack since i'm like an unofficial mane.
Back to top Go down
BerryPunch
Filly
Filly
BerryPunch

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:46 pm

The use of a hyphen isn't a bad idea, actually. I might end up doing that. What I won't be doing, however, is going for the "Punch" legacy name. Chances are that I will want to name characters not entirely ponified if I end up rolling a Sith toon. That and I know that legacy names are unique across servers, and I don't want to level a character named Berry, only to find the name had been taken by someone (anyone, really). Even then, the day head start begins is the day I migrate from my humble studio apartment to my humble closet back home. I wouldn't have the time to invest in rushing a toon to grab the name regardless. The idea is great though, and if someone else gets it, more power to them.
Yay~!
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:21 pm

I got my Sith Juggernaut about 3/4 of the way done with Act I. I was level 21 1/2 when I finished Nar Shadda and was on my way to (presumably) finish up Act I by murdering someone important. I see myself having been between 25 and 28 when I would have done that. I put 28 hours into the Beta and had I not just rushed along the story quests in the last few hours, I probably would have been about level 23.

~D
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Corvus wrote:
Not sure if anyone has tried but maybe send a letter to Customer Service to see if they can reserve the Mane 6 names we want. Wouldn't hurt to try.

I'm way ahead of you. :3
Didn't find the actual post on the forum I made about it so, have some copy/paste:

Bioware wrote:

In relation to your question to the guild naming policy, we have no control in securing names for customers. We wish you the best of luck in receiving this name when the game is launched.
Galactic support is our specialty...

The short answer: No. They can't do it...
Back to top Go down
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Does anyone know exactly what characters can be used in the names? Spaces are out, - and ' are okay, and capitals are only at the start of names. That's what I figured out in beta, but I never saw any official guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Chewbacabra wrote:
Does anyone know exactly what characters can be used in the names? Spaces are out, - and ' are okay, and capitals are only at the start of names. That's what I figured out in beta, but I never saw any official guidelines.
You have the just of it. I don't think too many more symbols than you have listed are permitted.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:17 pm

booo! I ddint get any of my names for my main Sad got my alt names
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About our character names...   About our character names... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About our character names...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top