[Outdated] skill point distribution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

[Outdated] skill point distribution Empty
PostSubject: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:51 am

any thoughts?

i am a big fan of the kinetic tree (31 to max it) leaving 10 points to distribute in the other trees where infiltrator seems fancy as movement speed was a big issue for me (but I was pretty low level)
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Heres what I came up with for a Kinetic build but Kinetic spec is a tanking spec. Kinetic build
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Think I'll go for Seer with Telekinetic to back it up a little. Also what is Force Critical Chance? and if I don't like it I can always have it reset, I forget how but I know I came across a way to do it in the Beta.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Darth Dreselus wrote:
Think I'll go for Seer with Telekinetic to back it up a little. Also what is Force Critical Chance? and if I don't like it I can always have it reset, I forget how but I know I came across a way to do it in the Beta.

heres what I came up with for tele spec Telekinetic theres a lot more wiggle room with that spec depending if you want to focus on doing more dmg or helping CC I based the spec around PVE and expecting you not to get hit all that much while leveling you may want to put points in Telekinetic Defence

Heres my Seer spec
Force crit increases the chance for Force ability only abilities to crit so your heals will crit more but it wont effect your saber abilities
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Actually I was thinking of something along the lines off this. From the way I played beta I always stayed behind and supported my team mates/companions with shields and healing, while dealing the occasional damage from the base abilities. I am open to suggestions though.

An I did not use saber much, only to deal small a finishing blow

Edit: Oh I see we had pretty much the same idea
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Darth Dreselus wrote:
Actually I was thinking of something along the lines off this. From the way I played beta I always stayed behind and supported my team mates/companions with shields and healing, while dealing the occasional damage from the base abilities. I am open to suggestions though.

An I did not use saber much, only to deal small a finishing blow

Edit: Oh I see we had pretty much the same idea

Pain bearer only increases the healing you receive so its useless for healing your team and as a healer you shouldn't be taking too much dmg

Wisodm give presence which is good while soloing in a group its useless because it only effects companions and the 2% extra healing isnt really enough for the 2 talent dump if you heal for 10000 that 2% is only an extra 200 for 2 talent points you could put else where

Will of the Jedi is a must willpower increases your healing and dmg and I think its your main stat as a consular so it also adds crit
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Cool thanks, I actually gave you the wrong URL, is only 48 pts spend and it shud have gone to willpower.
Back to top Go down
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:44 am

i am def. looking to tank/dmg i plan on going shadow but am concerned. Worried that going jedi knight path would be better for tanking/dmg or just going sage for support. . .not sure how shadows will fit in but i do love the stealthyness
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 7:00 pm

KronusZ wrote:
i am def. looking to tank/dmg i plan on going shadow but am concerned. Worried that going jedi knight path would be better for tanking/dmg or just going sage for support. . .not sure how shadows will fit in but i do love the stealthyness
Shadows are generally spiked DPS as shown from some PvP and PvE gameplay. Consulars are said to be able to tank but I haven't seen people talking much about it. Jedi Knight > Guardians are definite tanks and Sentinels are great for sustained DPS. Shadows are difficult to surpass in PvP if they are able to get the drop on their enemy though.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:30 am

Fluttershy wrote:
. Shadows are difficult to surpass in PvP if they are able to get the drop on their enemy though.

you think going infiltrator would help?
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:10 am

Shadow tanks will be just as good as guardians
Back to top Go down
BronyQuest
Colt
Colt
BronyQuest

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:48 am

Applejack wrote:
Shadow tanks will be just as good as guardians

In theory. Though, if there's any large disparity between the tank specs, I imagine Bioware will be quick to (attempt to) balance them. Shadow tanks seem to have been the least-played tanks in the beta, so I doubt we'll know until we see some on Live.
Back to top Go down
http://bronyquest.deviantart.com
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:23 pm

in the beta a group got to lvl 50 and used the shadow tank as their main tank and if you look at their abilities they will have about the same armor and dmg reduction as the other tanks so they are about even 1 might fair better in different situations but both are viable in end game content.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Currently, it's looking like Guardians are the best single target tanks but the weakest AoE tanks and that Vanguards are the strongest AoE tanks but the weakest single target tanks, leaving Shadows in the middle.

I don't think the discrepency is enough to force a class in to a permanent Main/Off tank role.
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:43 pm

I was originally going to go Infiltration, but have since decided against that. I hated Rogues in WoW, and that's all an Infiltrator would be, down to combo points.

I really, REALLY enjoyed being a Sith Juggernaut and tanking, so I'm going to end up as Telekinesis with some Balance thrown in there.

Here's the spec I came up with. Mind you, I have no real concept of the abilities and I haven't played a Consular yet to see what my rotation is going to be and how to jive with it, so this is just based off previous MMO experience and what sounds like it would benefit me the best as a Tank.

~D

P.S. As of 5:43pm, the site is having a 503 error. It was working about 5 minutes ago, so I don't know how long it's going to be down for.

Fluttershy Says: I haven't had any issues with it today. It may be forumotion issue or a browser issue. Forumotion seems to have difficulties agreeing with browsers. If it persists try deleting your cookies and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Starrs
Filly
Filly
Starrs

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:55 am

I figure I might go with the Balance tree since it is actually really nice. Gives nice boosts to Project, Force Breach, Double Strike and overall damage. If it doesn't work out to my liking I'll respec and go full Infiltration. Or should I tank with the Shadow just to be different, and have my Jedi Knight turn into a Sentinel when I get a chance? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Outdated] skill point distribution   [Outdated] skill point distribution I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Outdated] skill point distribution

View previous topic View next topic Back to top