View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Corvus wrote:
Not even a cupcake can make me happy...

Better get Pinkie Pie to make his "special" cupcakes then..

But yeah. The waiting is a bit too much. Been in queue for almost 30 mins now. Still 400 in front of me... It is a stress test after all.

Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Back from putting up Christmas stuffs and back into a Queue. 600 to go. If it's this crowded now, what's launch gonna be like?
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Hey everyone, update!

We do have a guild now. The guild's name is Star Ponies and any current officers a part of it can invite you with /ginv <name>. I will start adding you all to my list and invite after I get through the queue because I crashed. :/
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:11 pm

I would be Amorphic an Drexl.
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:56 am

Made a new character, wanted to check out the Bounty Hunter. That and being that ugly was bothering me.

BH name is Excelsior.
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:22 am

I have been rolling with my brother the BH. I have made it to level 12. Only a few crashes so far.
Back to top Go down
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:35 am

So do we want to try some PvP as a group on Sunday, assuming it equalizes levels?
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:03 pm

That sounds good!
Back to top Go down
BronyQuest
Colt
Colt
BronyQuest

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Chewbacabra wrote:
So do we want to try some PvP as a group on Sunday, assuming it equalizes levels?

It does. It's a bit weird being level 22 and PvPing against mostly 10s-15s, but we basically all have 12000 HP, and ability damage is all normalized to fairly equal levels, too. The only advantage I really have is talents, and a couple new abilities.
Back to top Go down
http://bronyquest.deviantart.com
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm down. I'll be on around 7pm EST, so hit me up for some pvp. Twinkle(I asked in axon for a name and that was the first reply), inquisitor;sorcerer.
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Hm, I'm enjoying the Bounty Hunter much more than the Imp. Wondering if it'll be the same for me on the Republic side.
Back to top Go down
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:37 am

Well that was fun.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:23 am

Are you not able to play today Chewbacabra? You do realize it's not over, don't you?
Back to top Go down
Derpy
Mane
Derpy

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:43 am

Well I ended up having to use a different server there was a massive queue on Drexl, got my Sith Sorcerer to lvl 17 but did stuff mostly solo, only group thing I did was Black Talon which took two tries (only because we didn't realise how to dodge the AoA first and because I played it with two Warriors whom did not seem to wait for me to heal and buff them =D. Hope Consular is as much fun. No idea how guilds work though.
Back to top Go down
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 pm

I started before I was MLP:FiM and man . .. I was visiting friends all weekend. Fortunately one fo those friends has a killer gaming rig and I was able to make it to lvl 12 in the amount of time I had to play, Rockin the shadow. Now that I am home I am going through the slooooooooooow installation process in teh hopes of getting in a few more hours.

when does the magic end?

anyone know if i get to keep my char when I buy or switch servers? I've done betas that actually let ppl keep beta stats as their 'reward' for helping and Ive seen games where switching servers lets you import your char but really I have always avoided MMORPGs because of what I am sure they will do to my life. . .but the force calls to me!
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:25 pm

The beta is going until 11:59pm CST, so you can figure out your time from there. Smile

They say this is the last beta weekend, so I don't know if the Beta is done totally or if it's just going to be the regular testers for the next two weeks or so. I'm willing to bet they'll clean house of the servers before release, though.

~D
Back to top Go down
Chewbacabra
Pony
Pony
Chewbacabra

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Pinkie Pie wrote:
Are you not able to play today Chewbacabra? You do realize it's not over, don't you?

I do realize that, but I've seen what I needed to see and it's time to get on with life and deal with all the stuff I ignored this weekend during my marathon sessions.

Though there is that quest I left half-finished...
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Media Mane
Media Mane
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:09 pm

KronusZ wrote:
I started before I was MLP:FiM and man . .. I was visiting friends all weekend. Fortunately one fo those friends has a killer gaming rig and I was able to make it to lvl 12 in the amount of time I had to play, Rockin the shadow. Now that I am home I am going through the slooooooooooow installation process in teh hopes of getting in a few more hours.

when does the magic end?

anyone know if i get to keep my char when I buy or switch servers? I've done betas that actually let ppl keep beta stats as their 'reward' for helping and Ive seen games where switching servers lets you import your char but really I have always avoided MMORPGs because of what I am sure they will do to my life. . .but the force calls to me!

If by chance there is another beta test after this one, you may keep your characters, as was done between this weekend and the one before. For release though, you will not be keeping any characters or progress at all from my understanding. As for any special incentives for having participated in the beta, I am not sure.

Don't be afraid of what an MMO will do to your life. It just sucks it away into a dark cave of anti-social introversion from real life, and proceeds to hand you bountiful glorious gaming fun.....for a little while.
Back to top Go down
gingerale
Filly
Filly
gingerale

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Oh so that's where you guys were. I didn't find this thread earlier so I just went somewhere.. xD

Played a lightsider Sith Warrior. Fun. As. Heck! <3
Back to top Go down
Lemon Ranger Blue
Filly
Filly
Lemon Ranger Blue

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey guys, I just made it back from work and I am on the ongoing beta, so yeah, I'll look into making a character on there soon.
Back to top Go down
http://kazei5.wordpress.com
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:20 pm

I think I'm done with the beta weekend. I enjoyed what I did and the game is awesome of course. Though I couldn't get into it as much as I wanted because I knew I wasn't keeping those characters. I wasn't putting a whole lot of thought into it.

Zero Crashes, longest queue was 20 minutes, next to no lag. Stable fps, no getting stuck. ( Although the entire time people were spamming in general chat that it was happening to them ). I never saw any of those glitches on my end. My map was screwy occasionally and I could hear others companions.

Latency was pretty good, Drexl being an east coast server, I'm on the west, so I was a bit concerned. But had no connection issues at all and just bumped up my speed package for Fios, so any concern I had with connection is gone.

I enjoyed the Bounty Hunter very much, thinking I may enjoy Trooper more than Smuggler now that I've gotten some perspective. Looking forward to launch more now ^^

Skyrim will keep me occupied until then.

Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:10 am

Great weekend and great playing and partying with some of you!

I've created a thread for us to discuss our experiences of the past weekend right here.

Head on over and speak your mind about the good, the bad and the ugly of what you experienced.

~D
Back to top Go down
KronusZ
Pony
Pony
KronusZ

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

gingerale wrote:

Played a lightsider Sith Warrior. Fun. As. Heck! <3

so how is the empire/republic and light/dark coming into it. I always found it weird that I could get darkside points ( not really because I know all jedi fall eventually) , I just dont know how it plays into the game if there is a possibility to have sith working for the republic or if ti just effects item use.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:35 pm

KronusZ wrote:
I just dont know how it plays into the game if there is a possibility to have sith working for the republic or if ti just effects item use.

I really liked some of the choices I got to make as a Sith. For the most part, I went with the death and destruction road, but if I was able to gain something out of it such as credits or an item, I'd choose the Light Side option and get my credits. There were a few times when I was genuinely good, but those were few and far between.

I realized today who I want to sort of model my Consular after: Jack Bauer. He works for the right side of things, but he's not always pretty or compassionate about how he does it. Things need to get done, and if being nice isn't getting results a quick broken finger or two might just turn the tides. I managed to get my Sith to Dark I over the weekend, but had I just chosen every single Dark Side option, i'm sure it would have been closer to Dark II/III.

~D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta Weekend Server: Drexl   Beta Weekend Server: Drexl - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beta Weekend Server: Drexl

View previous topic View next topic Back to top