View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Riddle me this... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 am

I can cut steel if used right.
I can be shaped into anything if the conditions are right.
People use me every day without thinking about it.

Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:48 am

The man who sells it wants it not. The man who buys it needs it not. The man who needs it knows it not.
What is it?

Quote :
Should we include the answer in a spoiler tag?
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:11 am

crazyBE wrote:
The man who sells it wants it not. The man who buys it needs it not. The man who needs it knows it not.
What is it?

Answer Below:

~D
Back to top Go down
The Enigmare
Filly
Filly
The Enigmare

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:38 am

Gregam: A storm
Dr Nicoltas Rush: A tetrahedron
Pinkie Pie: Water
Rainbow Dash: Also water
CrazyBE: A coffin

The only one I'm unsure of is the one by Rush. Care to enlighten me? I've heard too many riddles that stumped me simply because the answer made no sense, so I need to be sure this is not the case.
Back to top Go down
Dr Nicoltas Rush
Pony
Pony
Dr Nicoltas Rush

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Quote :
Dr Nicoltas Rush: A tetrahedron

VERY close actually. On the right track, just take it one step further. What is it that a line has 1 of, a triangle has 2 of, and a tetrahedron has 3 of. Then just take it one step further. This isn't something most people will know off the top of their head and would require a bit of investigation on wikipedia or such to find, which is why I said it's "strange to you," and gave the clue that it's referenced in TOR, pretty obviously by the Gree droids.

Answer:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Enigmare
Filly
Filly
The Enigmare

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:09 pm

I like how you think outside the Tesseract. Your prize is in the mail.

Congratulations to Applejack, CrazyBE, Braeburn, Doombah, and Dr Nicoltas Rush.

And with that, the finale begins. You now have all the pieces of the final puzzle, quite literally.

The first person to post its solution in this thread will receive the prize of their very own custom pony model.

Good luck, and I'll see you on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Braeburn
Pony
Pony
Braeburn

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Wait...you want us to give each other the piece we got to to figure this out?
Back to top Go down
Dr Nicoltas Rush
Pony
Pony
Dr Nicoltas Rush

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 pm

It does seem like a bit of a mexican standoff, doesn't it? We can't really be sure if the contents of the puzzle are the answer, or perhaps a final riddle that we have to race to solve. So we take risk by sharing our pieces, but on the other hand, if we don't, the answer may be unrecoverable. Interesting dilemma.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Well, someone has to take charge here, so i'll volunteer. If you guys want, I can get the pieces and put them together. I'll take a video of me finding out where the code takes us and we can go from there. If it's only one prize, I don't know that i'll want it. I'm sure one of you wants it more than me, but it's not like I have no interest. Smile Once we have the answer, we'll have to come up with a fair way to determine who gets whatever.

Of course, we could always just get a custom of the Enigmare and cut it into 5 pieces and each take one. XD

~D
Back to top Go down
Dr Nicoltas Rush
Pony
Pony
Dr Nicoltas Rush

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 am

After some brief, cursory data analysis, I'm basically convinced there's no "trick" to this. There was no hidden text chunk in the PNG file, no subtle pattern in the seemingly useless blank area, etc. Probably over thinking it after Notch's 0x10c riddle where a program was encoded in the image :/

So I'm convinced it really is just what it seems at face value. Perhaps it's no coincidence that there are 6 pieces, and 6 elements of harmony. Each individually is useless, only together can they be used.

So, in the spirit of cooperation, I"ll share my piece, and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:10 am

If the owners of the Elemen...uh, puzzle pieces want to ship them my way, just email me: doombah@gmail.com

Just include your forum name in the subject in case it happens to get flagged as the spams.

I'm really curious where this is going to lead us.

~D
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:10 am

Rivest has my piece. Just ask him to send it.

Don't care about the final prize of something I don't like.
You NEVER ask winners to share what they won, it makes for a terrible contest.
Back to top Go down
Braeburn
Pony
Pony
Braeburn

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 9:40 am

Doombah, pic has been sent and I retract my claim for the prize. In all honesty I feel Rivest actually deserves it after how long he has been chasing Enigmare.
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Braeburn wrote:
Doombah, pic has been sent and I retract my claim for the prize. In all honesty I feel Rivest actually deserves it after how long he has been chasing Enigmare.

He stopped trying to solve the riddles though while others didn't.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:56 am

crazyBE wrote:
Braeburn wrote:

Who said I stopped? I still have all 3 pieces saved I just got busy with life. Just cuz I don't go on random tangents and blame random people anymore doesnt mean I gave up
Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Applejack wrote:
crazyBE wrote:
Braeburn wrote:

Who said I stopped? I still have all 3 pieces saved I just got busy with life. Just cuz I don't go on random tangents and blame random people anymore doesnt mean I gave up

lol late reply because I only check the latest topic in a subforum

Yeah I can understand that.
Still: saying you should just get it without any further contest just because of what you did for the first few challenges doesn't feel right imo.

Then again I don't care about the price anyways so it's not my decision.

Quote :
blame random people anymore doesnt mean I gave up
Why would you blame random people? Flippy is enigmare.

Anyways: did anyone win this thing and if so who?
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:49 pm

[quote="crazyBE"][quote="Applejack"]
crazyBE wrote:
Braeburn wrote:

lol late reply because I only check the latest topic in a subforum

Yeah I can understand that.
Still: saying you should just get it without any further contest just because of what you did for the first few challenges doesn't feel right imo.

Oh I don't think I should get it automatically either but im just saying I never gave up just backed down for awhile =P
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:27 pm

I collected the six pieces. 4 of them fit fine. Two don't. They don't even fit together properly or with the other 4. I sent Enigmare a message, but i've yet to hear back.

~D
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:43 am

Ok. Finally got all the correct portions of the QR code and pieced them together (Paint FTW). Here's the final image and what it spit out below it.

Riddle me this... - Page 7 Final_11

The Elements of Harmony
cannot harm me,
so the thing you musk* seek is
my identity.
With that in mind, if you truly
must know,
my game's final riddle can be
found in the show.

*Not a typo. That's what the code came back as.

Well, there's only one riddle in FiM that I know of, and it's the one that Discord gives the mane 6 in the Season 2 premiere:

Discord: To retrieve your missing Elements, just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan, then find the Elements back where you began.

Well, i've combed back through this thread to the first riddle and first clue and I don't think anything has changed. I could be wrong, though. This is where we're at right now.

The answer to Discord's riddle was Ponyville (where the Elements were hidden and where they had their first adventure). And...that's about all I got right now.

~D

Back to top Go down
crazyBE
Unicorn
Unicorn
crazyBE

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:36 am

Zecora's rhymes may count as riddles.
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:16 pm

but where was our first adventure? the first guild contest? adobe axon? Swtor forums? team fortress? or is it even the correct riddle?

Or maybe its not our first adventure but his? his very first prank the very first thing he did.

Am I right miss Enigmare or should I say Pinkie Pie?
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:16 pm

Applejack wrote:
but where was our first adventure?
Child birth. Smiiile!
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Applejack wrote:
Child birth. Smiiile!

So our first adventure as a guild was child birth? kinda creepy...
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Applejack wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
Applejack wrote:
Child birth. Smiiile!

So our first adventure as a guild was child birth? kinda creepy...
Where did you think Kaizu came from? We grew him at an accelerated rate.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Braeburn
Pony
Pony
Braeburn

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:57 pm

I blame Fluttershy for all this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riddle me this...   Riddle me this... - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riddle me this...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Ponies :: Community :: Sugarcube Cantina-