Cosplay Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:03 pm

I've been going to Emerald City Comic Con for 2 years now, and I always cosplay. This is my first attempt

Cosplay Thread! Img0003ft

It should be pretty obvious who I am going as, if you have read a lot of EU. This last year I went with the same costume, but blue face paint and black hair dye for Thrawn and got a lot of people to recognize me. I always have a blast, but this year I'm thinking I'm gonna go for a change of pace and go Jedi based on a few instructional videos I have seen.

Anyone cosplay as a Jedi and have tips or tricks to share?
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:31 pm

What kind of Jedi costume are you looking for? The pure cloth style from the movies?
Or do you want an armor / suit like the ones from SW : TOR?

If you want one from the game I can help you a little.
I've never made a cloth costume though, so I can't really help much there. =/
Back to top Go down
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Cloth costume to start, I found a youtube video that shows a really simple way to make one and it looks pretty good. Also found a youtube video on how to build a lightsaber. Probably going to try and get this made for New Years.
Back to top Go down
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:42 pm

I think the biggest thing is whether or not I have to make a robe from scratch or if there is a suitable robe I can find online and make minimal alterations. That and boots, its always the boots.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Well. The only thing I can do to help you then is to recommend Jedi-Robe if you're looking for buying any parts. it's where I bought my jedi robe. The quality is just amazing. ^_^

Back to top Go down
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:48 pm

UK... Hmm

I might splurge for that stuff. Kinda pricey though :/
Back to top Go down
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Heeeeey. Not to be completely outdone by Rainbow Dash, here is my current work in progress costume. Gonna be making tabards and obi on thursday, and I'm getting a real lightsaber for christmas!

https://imgur.com/a/quaVn#0
Back to top Go down
Wilowah
Colt
Colt
Wilowah

Location : Virginia, United States, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 pm

WarlordSparkle wrote:
Heeeeey. Not to be completely outdone by Rainbow Dash, here is my current work in progress costume. Gonna be making tabards and obi on thursday, and I'm getting a real lightsaber for christmas!

https://imgur.com/a/quaVn#0

Awesome costume! I keep asking myself... "As a Star Wars fan, why do I not yet have a Jedi Robe?!" When I have time to learn to follow patterns, I'll have one.

Be sure to show off the lightsaber too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://wilowah.tumblr.com/
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Will do, I'm also wearing it to work on the 30th (I convinced my boss to do a costume day for the kids!) and the 31st, the AFK Tavern, local gamer bar, is doing a New Years party. Its Doctor Who themed, but they say you can do any cosplay you want!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cosplay Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Thread!   Cosplay Thread! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cosplay Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top