Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter   Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:38 pm

New video today everypony! There seems to be a lot of people in debate over which one class is better now, but I seem to be the only person asking "What's their skill and armor specs?"

Jedi looks to be a Sentinel so obviously DPS and the Bounty Hunter has heavy shields leading me to believe they went more of a tank tree. I would have to say Jedi in this instance unless the BH's stun cooldowns are fairly short.

Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter   Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:58 pm

As with WoW, the classes should be balanced enough where either of them could win equally if played in the right way. It would all depend on the player. Every class has abilities that most people don't use and that can come in handy in a fight when an enemy isn't expecting something out of left field.

I can almost see this being like a Retribution Paladin taking on a Survival Hunter (minus pet, of course). Ret Pallys aren't much use at range but just pound the enemy when up close. The Survival Hunter is of course a ranged fighter, but has many abilities that can snare or stun the enemy so the Hunter can kite them.

If I were a betting man, i'd go with the Bounty Hunter. That pains me to say in all honesty, but I think that's how it would play out. I feel like they're going to have a ridiculous bag of tricks to keep enemies at bay so they can just destroy them from afar. It would be really close, though. Like, the Bounty Hunter would only have about 10% of his life left.

~D
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter   Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:55 am

Interesting, enjoyable to watch. Though I think the 'which class is better' theme was a little on the worthless side. If they are balanced, no class is going to better than another. Even bioware themselves have said that it all comes down to skill in this game. The outcome of that match depended entirely upon who was better at playing their class and or who chose the right strategy for the situation. Although, now that I'm thinking more on it, I do believe bioware is balancing for group combat rather than 1 vs. 1. In that regards I would vote Bounty Hunter. To many ways to stumble up the Jedi and get more dps on him, in range and up close. My opinion might be biased cause of the dual pistols though dx

Other than that, I enjoyed watching them fight it out like that, whoever played them knew what they were doing. Most pvp footage I've seen has been on brand new players on preset controls. I'm also liking the art style the more I see it.
Back to top Go down
BronyQuest
Colt
Colt
BronyQuest

PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter   Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:01 pm

The simple fact of the matter is that no class will ever be totally balanced. They can be close, sure, but even then, a lot of the classes will be the 'rock' counter to another classes 'scissors.'

But, even further still, almost any class in the hands of a very skilled player will be able to beat another class (with a few exceptions like the Arms Warrior vs. Frost Mage. A skilled warrior will NEVER beat a skilled Frost Mage.)

I guess before I ramble on too much further, I'll just say that I think the BH would win in that fight. Also, he was a Mercenary BH, Fluttershy, since he had two blaster pistols.
Back to top Go down
http://bronyquest.deviantart.com
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter   Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm getting the distinct impression that Bioware is running out of content for their weekly updates. At least we get some cool game footage out of it, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter   Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Choose Your Side: Jedi Knight vs. Bounty Hunter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top