View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rarity
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Rarity

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Ok, so I'm curious how light side/dark side everypony is willing to take their character. However, I don't want to make it so easy, I'm going to use a scale, and you've got to come up with where your main and primary alt are going to fall on this.

What's the scale? Well your scale of reference are Care Bears to No Heart. So please tell me where your characters would fall, preferably using other characters as examples of the kind of play style you're planning on working with.
Back to top Go down
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Really hard to scale, since everything is gonna be a case by case thing for me. Definitely a "good" Jedi, but totally willing to sacrifice for the greater good, even if that means killing someone.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Care Bear status for me. I am going to try and do 100% good, even though Bioware makes that REALLY hard in their games, but its possible. It's how I like to play my games and how the real Fluttershy would try to be. Boy though, do I dislike ultimatums. As for the character comparison, I guess you could say I am like Qui-Gon. I would be subtle, wise, but always have everyone's best interest at heart, even if that means sacrificing my own interests.

I hope Darth Maul's ancestor isn't in this game though. MORE LETTERS?
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:13 am

Well, my main is going to be Celestia's Hoof (based on Palpatine's personal secret group of henchbeings, the Emperor's Hand) so I will be the one that gets the job done even if it's not pretty.

I will not be the light in the dark. I will be the one who can see that light in the distance, but is keeping the truly nasty problems out of the public eye. It's not glorious. It's not pretty. It's necessary.

I can sort of equate myself Jack Bauer from 24. Or maybe similar to Jon Snow from A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones). I just finished the second book, and what they did with his character I can see being something like how I want to play.

I think this is a great topic, btw.

~D
Back to top Go down
WarlordSparkle
Colt
Colt
WarlordSparkle

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:51 am

Fluttershy wrote:
As for the character comparison, I guess you could say I am like Qui-Gon. I would be subtle, wise, but always have everyone's best interest at heart, even if that means sacrificing my own interests.

Uhh, Qui-Gon was actually a pretty left wing rebellious Jedi. Very sneaky, and definitely not very Fluttershy-like. He was a fairly proactive Jedi for the time.

/nerd
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:17 am

WarlordSparkle wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
As for the character comparison, I guess you could say I am like Qui-Gon. I would be subtle, wise, but always have everyone's best interest at heart, even if that means sacrificing my own interests.

Uhh, Qui-Gon was actually a pretty left wing rebellious Jedi. Very sneaky, and definitely not very Fluttershy-like. He was a fairly proactive Jedi for the time.

/nerd

Qui-Gon was a new idea for the Jedi. If only there were more like him. Sad

Anyway. Care Bear for me here!

... Although, evil that harms innocence will be dealt with severely. Specifically with laser bolts.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie_Pie
Pony
Pony
Pinkie_Pie

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:42 am

Hrmm, I haven't figured out what I'll be rolling first yet, still hard to decide especially since they've just made a bunch of changes to the classes in the newest build. Smugglers and agents really got quite a few changes, at least according to the patch notes.

Anyhow, I plan on rolling three troopers each with different "morality" viewpoints.

Vanguard (shield spec): Light, or as light as full on a Republic fanboy will get him. As a former ward of the state he sees the Republic as the "light in the darkness" following orders to the letter. Proverbial knight in shinning armor.

Commando (gunnery): Will probably a light-grey character, flipping between Lawful and Chaotic Neutral. She will march to the beat of her own drum, although has enough wisdom to follow the rules when absolutely necessary to not get thrown in the brig.

Commando (combat medic): Very dark. Detached, morose, burned out medic. Has seen too much bloodshed and lives lost on the battlefield and it has twisted him/her. At this point, he/she is willing to do whatever it takes to win the war, and woe to anyone who gets in the way.

Smuggler (sawbones): Mostly light. Snarky, happy go lucky, black market medic. Think Egg Shen + Simon Tam + Emmet "Doc" Brown. Willing to help just about anyone and willing to break a few rules when necessary.

Back to top Go down
gingerale
Filly
Filly
gingerale

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:06 am

I'm completely and absolutely unable to play evil. At all. It's the same with every game. >.<

But! On law-chaos scale I tend to lean more towards the chaotic side when I play. Can't help it. I have problems with respecting authority. ^^

*needs to go play Deus Ex again and loot the police station*
Back to top Go down
Crickhollow
Filly
Filly
Crickhollow

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:30 am

I'm gonna be the high-and-mighty noble guy whose principles get in the way of getting the job done.

On a Light/Dark side spectrum, probably Light with some smatterings of Darkness thrown in.
Back to top Go down

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:42 am

I find it extremely difficult to be evil in games.

The last time I had an evil playthrough in a game was about 6 years ago. And that was KotOR.

I played through Mass Effect a few times and the only renegade options I took were the ones that pissed off/killed the council.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:09 am

I guess I'll have to say Care bear. When I play games I tend to take the same options as I would in real life. I just can't get myself to be evil.

Back to top Go down
BrazenVenture
Filly
Filly
BrazenVenture

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:24 am

I'm not entirely sure how I'll respond to choices until I'm put on the spot to make them. It'll really depend on how I would act if I were in the character's shoes.

This will be fun to see how I turn out.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:08 pm

I'm definitely light side, a I'm a sucker for playing the selfless hero, but I don't think I'll go full "Care Bear" like I usually do with Bioware games. Since no back up saves mean that choice making is more realistic, I want to play it in a slightly more realistic way. I want to make the decisions they way I would make them if I were actually placed in the given situation (and if I were a badass super-soldier, of course). I'm no idealist, so my character will be a balance of principled and practical.
Back to top Go down
The Jack
Colt
Colt
The Jack

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:43 pm

My jedi knight will be a full lightside.
I'm such a pussy; I can't handle playing evil on my first playthrough on anything xD

After that, I'm not sure though. Might go full pragmatic asshole on a Sith Inquisitor though.
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:35 pm

No Heart for me. In Kotor it took a lot of willpower to stick to the Light Side, I'd always just end up being an ass and killing whenever and whatever I could for exp. Only thing dark side choices I had a hard time making were towards my companions. If you be mean to them, or use the dark side option on a light sided companion you'd just make him/her hate you. I'm wondering how it'll be for TOR companions. Still, Dark Side options have always been extremely hilarious to me.

I recall a Renegade option in Mass Effect 2 where a reporter on the citadel attempts to get an interview out of you. ( She bashes your character the previous encounters, at least for me. ) There was ultimately an option to no longer put up with her and punch her across the face, leaving a massive black eye. I felt horrible for laughing the entire time, but still, I found it amusing.

Yes I'm probly going to hell ;-;
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Desert Bear wrote:
I felt horrible for laughing the entire time, but still, I found it amusing.

Yes I'm probly going to hell ;-;

Don't feel bad about that stuff. It exists in games so hopefully you won't do it in real life. Very Happy

Some of my favorite moments in KOTOR are Dark Side moments! Examples include:

-Giving the woman on Dantooine false hope about her droid lover.
-On Manaan: man in locker in undersea base: "Insert Lightsaber".
-Being mean to Jolee Bindo any chance I got. Calling him old, senile, ugly...whatever. Smile
-Letting the guy with the hunting droids rot on Tatooine.
-Taking the wraid skull plate from the woman who's husband died getting it and not only not giving her the plate back, telling her you got double for it and sending her on her way.
-Trying to sell Juhani.
-Making Zalbar kill Mission.

The list could go on and on, i'm sure. That's why I want to leave myself the room to be able to sometimes take the fun decisions or to be THAT GUY. Most of the time, i'll be grey but sometimes that'll be a darker shade of grey. Evil or Very Mad

~D
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:12 pm

Doombah wrote:
a darker shade of grey. Evil or Very Mad

~D

How about a whiter shade of pale?
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Oh I'd never do those things in real life, much too passive xD

The dialogue system and dark side options had me rolling in laughter all the way through KOTOR. I don't see TOR being much different in that aspect, which I'm happy with. Of course this is subject to change, maybe I don't like being an insufferable prick in the game.

HK-47 comes to mind on my favorite Dark Side dialogue. I enjoyed being informed of my meatbag status. d:

Overall in game, expect that if I'm your party I'll be leaning towards dark side options in flashpoints :3
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:33 am

Gregam wrote:

How about a whiter shade of pale?

Nah. Smile I'm a Jedi and I follow the Code, but i've seen a lot of bad things in my time and have seen far too much of the underbelly of the galaxy to be normal. This is why I volunteered to be Celestia's Hoof. She needs things done that would be considered...unseemly to most folk, but if it's going to make things better, it needs to be done.

Maybe i'll create a Smuggler who's all Robin Hood and what have you. Maybe not. Time will tell.

~D
Back to top Go down
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:56 am

Well, I had to try. Hero and all that. Rather boring on my part. Wink

Quote :
Maybe i'll create a Smuggler who's all Robin Hood and what have you. Maybe not. Time will tell.

Maybe he will have some William Tell as well? Sorry. Muffins!?!

I wonder how old I can make my soldier? An old crotchety man that wants to make the world a better place with his last few years... that would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:44 am

I wasn't paying a lot of attention when I saw "William Tell," and now I want to play a character as William Shatner
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
Gregam
Pegasus
Pegasus
Gregam

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Rydel wrote:
I wasn't paying a lot of attention when I saw "William Tell," and now I want to play a character as William Shatner

"We come in peace. Shoot to kill."

And watch out for those green skinned alien princesses, it can get nasty. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pinkie_Pie
Pony
Pony
Pinkie_Pie

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:01 am

Gregam wrote:
And watch out for those green skinned alien princesses, it can get nasty. Wink

You mean those Mirilan force users? MORE LETTERS?

(not sure if the Twi'leks in game allow for a green hue)
Back to top Go down
MajorPoptard
Pony
Pony
MajorPoptard

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Heya people. Newfoal here.

I've always tried to "be the hero" in the games I play. From Mass Effect to Fallout, I've been the nice guy, the hero who's not afraid to give up a nice reward if it means I make someone's life better. But that doesn't mean I'm stupid, since I will cheat and look things up online to ensure I can sleep at night, secure in conscience and secure in all this fancy loot.

I tried playing evil in some games (Megaton deserves to be blown up for building themselves a round a bomb), but I can relate to and refuse to kill even oneshot characters who I'll never see even if I don't atomize them. That said, this extends to named characters who aren't dicks to me. I'll shoot "Citizen #455" if I can get that cool suit he's wearing.

That said, I'll play myself as a idealistic, light-sided trooper who joined the war to protect those he loves, and will have a soft spot for those in need. But at the same time, know what it means to make sacrifices for the greater good.
Back to top Go down
Desert Bear
Pony
Pony
Desert Bear

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Megaton had it's uses for me. Before bombing into oblivion, I'd pillage and massacre everything in sight, get 'Calamity Jane's hat' off of his corpse, among other things along with looting whatever I could of value. Who would want to live in that cesspool when Tenpenny's tower was so much prettier?

And welcome Major ^^ Your trooper isn't gonna like my smuggler very much dx

Speaking of slaughtering citizen #455 for his tux, I wonder what freedoms we'll have as far as senseless violence goes in TOR. I doubt we'll have total sandbox kill anything with a pulse, but for nostalgia's sake I'd like to butcher a man who caught me looting his apartment for 13 credits and a medpac. After insulting him of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evilness scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilness scale   Evilness scale I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evilness scale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Ponies :: MLP Friendship is Magic Guild :: General Discussion-